TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger Upgrade Question

10SHELBY

I am thinking about replacing the pulley on my 2010 GT500 for a little more horsepower. Currently engine wise, I've replaced the intake tube with a JLT one and that is about it. The car is occasionally driven to shows etc with little to no drag strip racing. The car has 9k miles on it now.

My question is what besides a pulley, tuner and a tune do I need? I see some places suggest changing plugs. If it is not going to the strip and is driven around town only to terrorize ricers and domestics, do I need anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Rudy

Pulley with tune will really wake the car up - as so many have posted here.Cold plugs are a necessity with this setup. It's as much a thrill as the first time you drove it. Much more responsive and immediate.You won't regret it.

My car is being worked on right now - adding the M-18000-G handling kit (SVTPP shocks and 1.25 inch lowering springs). The Ford dealer doing the work is the only dealer authorized to do SGT work in this part of the state. I inquired about pulley's and such and he highly recommend it - has done several. With new pulley's and removing the resonator (?) - and calibration tool - he suggested it would give me 50-60 hp. And as Canada Guy says, according to the dealer, it's like a whole different car. He's also mentioned a Bassani exhaust to add a bit more. Here is the dealer: http://www.anderson-ford.com/tcd/home/?tcdkwid=24963972&tcdcmpid=22490&tcdadid=10473597352&locale=en_US

Go VMP. Comes with idler. Also buy their pulley tool. Worth every penny. Justin has tunes for all octanes even has the option for 10% ethanol, with my local stations have.

I agree..........I went VMP and it's like a totally different car. Should definitely be the first mod you do!

Archived