TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hodgepodge

Alloy Dave

Ok, so I subscribe to a magazine called Mustang Enthusiast. This month I found a variety of things that may be of interest to people. Some of these were on previous topics, but I didn't feel like scouring for all the threads...so I'm doing a brain dump here. This is the June '07 issue.

Page 11 - A list of Ford car events in June....about 12 of them listed. No, I'm not going to type all of them. :hysterical2:

Page 12 - Franklin Mint is offering a die cast of the GT500 in Vista Blue with White stripes ONLY. 5,000 will be sold. It has the proper hood. I also think it has Serius based on the deck lid. :hysterical2: All doors, hood, trunk open, and the suspension "functions". www.franklinmint.com. The price is not shown, but since I'm such a nice guy, I checked the website... $120.

Page 13 - Mustangweek in Myrtle Beach is July 23rd week. RUF, we MIGHT be coming to the NC area during that time. :spiteful:

Page 16 - There is a company called S.P.E.C. that is now selling clutch assemblies for the GT500. www.specclutch.com. They say it's a "stage 3+ multidisc" unit for cars with upgraded horsepower like the GT500. The part that worries me is the statement "have been designed to be smooth, quiet, and offer drivability VERY CLOSE to stock." Friction is dampened by full-faced carbon semi-metallic discs, and has a torque rating of 1,200 lb-ft. Torque capacities of up to 1,500 lb-ft can be realized WITH ADDITIONAL UPGRADES.

Page 22 - there is an article on an apparently famous 1994 SVT Boss Mustang that John Coletti had built. It says that car is now in the Roush Museum in Livonia MI.

Page 23 shows a car event called the 25th annual classic auto show and cruise in. July 6th/7th at Dublin Ohio...which is evidently near Columbus Ohio. I mention this because we've had a few notes from people in Ohio recently, and it's only about a 4 hour drive for me. They expect over 1,500 cars. Friday is a cruise-in. Saturday is a concours format show. www.arthritisautoshow.com for more details. The photo shows a GT350 from the '60s...I'm not smart enough to know exactly which year....but some of you may enjoy looking at the pic, it's dark blue with silver or white stripes...I don't have good lighting where I'm at right now. :hysterical2:

Page 59 is an ad for a vendor selling a strut tower cover I'd not seen before. Go to the link below. Unfortunately no specific cap with GT500 badging...but we have some creative folks here...shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.midwestautogear.com/index.php?o...&Itemid=104

There you go folks...I do try to contribute around here no matter what SCGT500 says. :hysterical2:

AD

Ok, so I subscribe to a magazine called Mustang Enthusiast. This month I found a variety of things that may be of interest to people. Some of these were on previous topics, but I didn't feel like scouring for all the threads...so I'm doing a brain dump here. This is the June '07 issue.

Page 11 - A list of Ford car events in June....about 12 of them listed. No, I'm not going to type all of them. :hysterical2:

Page 12 - Franklin Mint is offering a die cast of the GT500 in Vista Blue with White stripes ONLY. 5,000 will be sold. It has the proper hood. I also think it has Serius based on the deck lid. :hysterical2: All doors, hood, trunk open, and the suspension "functions". www.franklinmint.com. The price is not shown, but since I'm such a nice guy, I checked the website... $120.

Page 13 - Mustangweek in Myrtle Beach is July 23rd week. RUF, we MIGHT be coming to the NC area during that time. :spiteful:

Page 16 - There is a company called S.P.E.C. that is now selling clutch assemblies for the GT500. www.specclutch.com. They say it's a "stage 3+ multidisc" unit for cars with upgraded horsepower like the GT500. The part that worries me is the statement "have been designed to be smooth, quiet, and offer drivability VERY CLOSE to stock." Friction is dampened by full-faced carbon semi-metallic discs, and has a torque rating of 1,200 lb-ft. Torque capacities of up to 1,500 lb-ft can be realized WITH ADDITIONAL UPGRADES.

Page 22 - there is an article on an apparently famous 1994 SVT Boss Mustang that John Coletti had built. It says that car is now in the Roush Museum in Livonia MI.

Page 23 shows a car event called the 25th annual classic auto show and cruise in. July 6th/7th at Dublin Ohio...which is evidently near Columbus Ohio. I mention this because we've had a few notes from people in Ohio recently, and it's only about a 4 hour drive for me. They expect over 1,500 cars. Friday is a cruise-in. Saturday is a concours format show. www.arthritisautoshow.com for more details. The photo shows a GT350 from the '60s...I'm not smart enough to know exactly which year....but some of you may enjoy looking at the pic, it's dark blue with silver or white stripes...I don't have good lighting where I'm at right now. :hysterical2:

Page 59 is an ad for a vendor selling a strut tower cover I'd not seen before. Go to the link below. Unfortunately no specific cap with GT500 badging...but we have some creative folks here...shouldn't be an issue.

There you go folks...I do try to contribute around here no matter what SCGT500 says. :hysterical2:

AD

Thanks Dave - you doing mustang week? I'm still looking into it. COnfirmed a spot to stay at my sisters already - just need to see how the boy does at the MO event before trying a week of this stuff. And see about getting off work for that week since I'll likely take a week or two for the 4th to go to the lake in MI.

If we both go would be a fun trip to make together....have to get a walkie talkie and talk in CB speak the whole way.

Over and out

Thanks Dave - you doing mustang week? I'm still looking into it. COnfirmed a spot to stay at my sisters already - just need to see how the boy does at the MO event before trying a week of this stuff. And see about getting off work for that week since I'll likely take a week or two for the 4th to go to the lake in MI.

If we both go would be a fun trip to make together....have to get a walkie talkie and talk in CB speak the whole way.

Over and out

RE: Mustang week. My wife and I had already reserved that week off work...so we're definitely going SOMEWHERE. We haven't picked a final vacation spot yet. I likely would not take the GT500...rather I'd take the Honduh. We won't firm this up for quite a while yet. Too much going on in my personal life at the moment....most of it good stuff.

Dave

I wish that Franklin Mint die-cast was vista blue with tungsten stripes!

Thanks for the info

CC

CC, I got mine last week. Number 185 of 5,000. It is a quality piece even though I know your combo is vista/tungsten but it really is the best die cast I have seen of the production GT500.

A bit pricey but maybe worth considering...

AD, thanks for the info. The Dublin, Ohio show for the Arthritis Foundation is a really nice event. Great variety of cars and lots of them. I am sure there will be one or two GT500' there this year. Dublin is just north west of downtown Columbus. Nice area and a great time over the 4th holiday weekend.

AD

After looking at those strut tower covers, you would have to cut some of it out to fit over the strut tower brace. Not sure I would want to pay that much money for them, then have to cut them up. I will wait until they make one for the GT500, if ever.

After looking at those strut tower covers, you would have to cut some of it out to fit over the strut tower brace. Not sure I would want to pay that much money for them, then have to cut them up. I will wait until they make one for the GT500, if ever.

Good point. I may play around this summer to see if I can custom make something for that area.

Over and out

Hey Ice,

SCGT500/Co-Pilot, Jay and myself are going to Mustang Week in Mytrle Beach. SCGT500/Co-Pilot, me and my Wife are staying at our family house at Cherry Grove. If you go let us know. Jay wants to get some of us users there to show our wares! Regards.

Stuart :victory:

Hey Ice,

SCGT500/Co-Pilot, Jay and myself are going to Mustang Week in Mytrle Beach. SCGT500/Co-Pilot, me and my Wife are staying at our family house at Cherry Grove. If you go let us know. Jay wants to get some of us users there to show our wares! Regards.

Stuart :victory:

I'm trying to give St Louis a test run this upcoming week end and see how my son does. If I can make it I'll stay with my sister in Murels Inlet and let you guys know. I think my wife would come but with the new baby (7 mo.) she wouldn't have muh fun and I could never fit everyone and baby crap in the car...so guys week for me and the 3 yr old if we can pull it off.

I'm trying to give St Louis a test run this upcoming week end and see how my son does. If I can make it I'll stay with my sister in Murels Inlet and let you guys know. I think my wife would come but with the new baby (7 mo.) she wouldn't have muh fun and I could never fit everyone and baby crap in the car...so guys week for me and the 3 yr old if we can pull it off.

Hey,

That's great. Hope it works out, let us know.

Stuart

Archived