TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Spacers?

AH64DFlyboy

I have known road-racers who road-raced on quality spacers with no incidents. I have run the H&R 1-inch (25mm) spacers on the street and in autocross without incident. If you are doing it for looks, it's questionable: good spacers are expensive, and no one will appreciate the change that much. If for function ( the stock SGT-GT/CS-Bullitt wheels won't fit over GT500 front brakes without them [it takes a stud-reduction by 5mm in length, even then]) it doesn't hurt that much, if at all.

When I was first interested in cars it was "common knowledge" that running wide wheels and or spacers would ruin your vehicle, no question. The wheel bearing couldn't stand it, and your brakes would fail, too. I have never, ever, seen a confirmed instance of any of that attributed to wide wheels or spacers. "Most" means half of all plus one, right? I bet there is no count to back that up.

My buddy just did his 2011 M3 and it looks awesome. I am thinking of either spacers or wider tires. I am not trying to track this car. I just want it to go fast in a straight line.

I have researched the topic and found it can be used safely but you should do the read up online and here. Then make your mind up, I going to put a 5/16 spacer plate on my front wheels to take up the gap

My buddy just did his 2011 M3 and it looks awesome. I am thinking of either spacers or wider tires. I am not trying to track this car. I just want it to go fast in a straight line.

Then go with wider tires over spacers more grip with more rubber

Archived