TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Track Package Surprise

Madlock

I ordered a 2013 based upon the Order Guide specifications including the Track Package which read:

SVT TRACK PACKAGE (55S) – Only available on Coupes with 821A

• External engine oil cooler

• Differential cooler with pump

• Transmission cooler with pump

I was VERY surprised to read the following description on the Ford product website:

The SVT Track Pack includes:

• External engine oil cooler

• Transmission cooler pump

• Differential cooler

• Fog lamp delete

• Brake cooling ducts

On ONE hand, the brake cooling ducts are phenomenal. On the other, I wish like hell an option existed for adding them WITHOUT being at the expense of the fog lamps by making them an either/or proposition.

Granted, the other items are all reasonably-easy and inexpensive adds (though perhaps not as cheaply as the Track Package offers them and certainly without a factory warranty), but, unlike past years when retrofitting ducts could be accomplished with intake bezels in the lower grille, the 2013's "open" design won't accommodate such a modification, and retrofitting fog lamps in a cosmetically-acceptable way is one hell of a lot tougher than duct intakes.

Not that any sane person would let fog lamps stand in the way of up-rating such important systems' performance and durability but, like heated seats and a backup camera, having to make such trade-offs on a $70K Mustang only stands to piss-off people. (Yes, I know heated seats are now available, but NOT with Recaros. Arrrgh!)

Am I the only person to stumble upon this discovery so late, and has/will it cause anybody to alter his ordering decision? You can count on most dealers NOT to realize the difference when ordering showroom stock.

Hopefully a Duct Relocation and Fog Lamp Retrofit package will soon be forthcoming from the aftermarket.

Archived