TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Percentage got Factory Superchargers?

What percentage of S-GT's got FACTORY Superchargers? Does anyone have any idea? I would love to see the performance specs on this (ie: 0-60, 1/4 mile, slalom). Also, for those of you who did get one, was the speed limiter raised?

Just wondering...

My guess would be around only 2%-3%.....

I got one. I'll let you know what I find out when I go to SAI next week.

Son of GT.....

....Is your's going to be ready???????

Crispy,

I don't think anybody has taken delivery of one yet.

No Jaffy, my car just got there today. I'm going to there to see my car and have a sit down with Amy and John about many, many different things. I'm just doing a one day fly in thing. Besides your car, do you need anything while I'm there?

No Jaffy, my car just got there today. I'm going to there to see my car and have a sit down with Amy and John about many, many different things. I'm just doing a one day fly in thing. Besides your car, do you need anything while I'm there?

I need to know. I drove mine 500 miles this weekend. It is a spirited ride, but after driving my GT500 I feel like I have a HP shortage. Please post when you know.

John

Son of GT.....

....Is your's going to be ready???????

Crispy,

I don't think anybody has taken delivery of one yet.

I picked mine up from SAI on Feb 19th...I was the first, but I doubt will be the last. Don #56 Here is a picture of us with John Walker.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you figure out (roughly) how many are getting S/Cs? Now my curiosity is piqued! :hyper:
First S/C car was delivered on April 27. Check out the story on Shelby forums. Great story. Don't know percentages for S/C, but would guess it would be under 200.

First S/C car was delivered on April 27. Check out the story on Shelby forums. Great story. Don't know percentages for S/C, but would guess it would be under 200.

Dave...these are all Shelby Forums :hysterical: I did check the 'arrivals' section in the GT500 forums, but most are labeled 'It's here!' or "Finally got it!'. Any idea who got it or what the title is? I am really interested to read about this car! :headspin: Can ya tell???

Thx,

Chris

What percentage of S-GT's got FACTORY Superchargers? Does anyone have any idea? I would love to see the performance specs on this (ie: 0-60, 1/4 mile, slalom). Also, for those of you who did get one, was the speed limiter raised?

Just wondering...

My guess would be around only 2%-3%.....

I was not aware that you could even get a "factory" S/C on this car. Isn't the S/C a add on through SAI?

Oh, and to add to that...

What a GREAT sendoff Shelby American, Inc. gave him!!! I would have got dizzy with excitement if I were him, HOLY COW!!! Talk about a send-off!!! Special cars built for special folks by special folks!!!

Great read, thanks for the link :beerchug:

• 5 months later...
Dave...these are all Shelby Forums :hysterical: I did check the 'arrivals' section in the GT500 forums, but most are labeled 'It's here!' or "Finally got it!'. Any idea who got it or what the title is? I am really interested to read about this car! :headspin: Can ya tell???

Thx,

Chris

Hi Chris, It was me. I picked up the 1st SGT S/C I guess in april. John was nice enough to even give me documentation as to it being the first. I was shocked when he told me. I had no idea until I picked the car up. I have never been first at anything so it was kinda cool. Then to recieve documentation was extra special.

There is a guy who got his done at Tasca, another very special thing.

I have tried unsuccessfully to hook up with anyone in my area (san Francisco) with sgts to no avail. Maybe next year.

I did hear from Bud that there will be about 12-14 Whipples on the initial 5600 +. Most are polished.

Mine is one of them. Again I know...I will get pictures once I see the car.

I owe Crispy a lot of them I have been promising for a long time.

:waiting:

I would still like to find out if anyone knows the number of s/c's installed on the '07 and '08 GT's by SAI (Whipple and/or Paxton).

When I did my pickup a little over 3 weeks ago, John was guessing about 50 SC cars total for 07, and Bud said he had done about 17 or 18 and had another 20 or so to go (so maybe 40 total?). (No clue on the number of Whipples vs Paxtons) I don't think that would count any cars that would be sent back in later to the Mod Shop, just cars that stayed and waited for SC's after the initial conversion to an SGT. John said that they would post numbers as soon as his IT guy could pull them out of the system after they were done. Disclaimer: John and Bud gave me those numbers off the tops of their heads so no fair busting anyone's chops if those numbers are way off!!!

Archived