TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Revell 25th scale '08 Super Snake custom build.

I thought I'd post a picture of my (finally) finished Super Snake here in this section. It started from the GT500KR coupe kit and did some minor work to get the hood turned into a SS. THen I decided to take it further and make it a convertible by cutting off the roof, making the interior qtr panel corrected to vert stryle and adding the light bar. I had the decals (a complete set with stripes, emblems, logos, ect) made by Keith Marks and they now should be available to everyone interested. I hope you guys like it. I have to put the pics in seperate posts due to the size limit.

PS; I've already started work on the concept SS red coupe.

post-31184-0-40592700-1332092372_thumb.jpg

I thought I post a picture of my (finally) finished Super Snake here in this section. It started from the GT500KR coupe kit and did some minor work to get the hood turned into a SS. THen I decided to take it further and make it a convertible by cutting off the roof, making the interior qtr panel corrected to vert stryle and adding the light bar. I had the decal made my Keith Marks and they now should be available to everyone interested. I hope you guys like it. I have to put the pics in seperate posts due to the size limit.

back view

post-31184-0-30015400-1332092489_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks everyone for all the positive comments!

MySS500;

It might be a while before you see red coupe finshed, but I promise to post it here when it is done. I have to look for some more pictures of the concept car to see what is different from the production versions. I've noticed a few differences in the side stripes, and of course the concept has the dark tinted headlight and taillight covers.

JWZ,

Hey that's a great picture of the real one. My car was built to replicate one I've seen from California at varoius show with the plate "67 AGAIN". THe only thing I didn't copy was the billit gas door since I prefer it body color. Would you mind if I use your picture as a backdrop for my build?

In comparing the two I should have toned down the chrome plated rims and emblems to look more like polished aluminum. Other than that I don't see much else I missed. :)

MySS500;

It might be a while before you see red coupe finshed, but I promise to post it here when it is done. I have to look for some more pictures of the concept car to see what is different from the production versions. I've noticed a few differences in the side stripes, and of course the concept has the dark tinted headlight and taillight covers.

JWZ,

Hey that's a great picture of the real one. My car was built to replicate one I've seen from California at varoius show with the plate "67 AGAIN". THe only thing I didn't copy was the billit gas door since I prefer it body color. Would you mind if I use your picture as a backdrop for my build?

In comparing the two I should have toned down the chrome plated rims and emblems to look more like polished aluminum. Other than that I don't see much else I missed. :)

Richstang: There are other pix in my Album. You might take a look when you get a moment. Or, I can e.mail you hi-res pix if you like. That's a really nice looking model! Congrats!!

that is awesome, are ya willing to build me one? :rockon:

I wish Shelby collectibles would make a SS convertible

I could be swayed to build one, but it would not be cheap. They do take a lot of time and effort to get them right. It's a labor of love as they say.

A diecast version would be nice to see. I don't understand why they passed it up.

+1....

Alexandros

Thanks!

OMG..... that is just awesome. Great work.......

Thank you. The grabber orange is definately a striking color. (Very nice coupe you have there!)

I've got an SS coupe in the cue, just haven't made a descision on the color yet.

I could be swayed to build one, but it would not be cheap. They do take a lot of time and effort to get them right. It's a labor of love as they say.

A diecast version would be nice to see. I don't understand why they passed it up.

I hear ya, i would probably need to put my collectibles spending on hold for abit, since i found out i need tires for my truck

That is awesome and you did a wonderful job. Having built models myself I know the amount of work just to do a stock one let alone a custom one. I'm currently in the process of doing a mock up of my '70 Mach 1, but because I have parts from a Boss 429 and a few other cars, I'm having to take parts from 3 different models to make it look exactly like mine. I hope it turns out looking as good as yours does. Great job and can't wait to see pics of the next one.

That is awesome and you did a wonderful job. Having built models myself I know the amount of work just to do a stock one let alone a custom one. I'm currently in the process of doing a mock up of my '70 Mach 1, but because I have parts from a Boss 429 and a few other cars, I'm having to take parts from 3 different models to make it look exactly like mine. I hope it turns out looking as good as yours does. Great job and can't wait to see pics of the next one.

I know this isn't a supersnake but I thought I'd share another grabber orange build for inspiration to your '70 Mach 1 build. (I've got lots of other years too.) :)

post-31184-0-84054400-1332984929_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-91393400-1332985329_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-84054400-1332984929_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-91393400-1332985329_thumb.jpg

MySS500;

Well worth the wait. :worship:

• 1 year later...

The Twister Special looks awesome. Ever since I got my Mach 1 I've always loved the Twister Special and wished that I could have found one 23 years ago when I got mine. I still haven't gotten much farther on my model than I have the 3 models to make the one. I've been too busy working around the house painting rooms and now finishing the garage out in preparation to start a full scale restoration of an R code '69 Mach 1. That is going to be a several year project.

Very Cool!!

R

Thanks

The Twister Special looks awesome. Ever since I got my Mach 1 I've always loved the Twister Special and wished that I could have found one 23 years ago when I got mine. I still haven't gotten much farther on my model than I have the 3 models to make the one. I've been too busy working around the house painting rooms and now finishing the garage out in preparation to start a full scale restoration of an R code '69 Mach 1. That is going to be a several year project.

Thank you, your yellow Mach 1 looks great in the avatar pic. I understand getting busy. That's why it's taking me a few months to move this build along. Having a full size project is way more exciting than a 25th scale model. Good luck with the restoration. Here's another picture in progress. The interior is finished and added to the chassis.

post-31184-0-78018300-1364928208_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-78018300-1364928208_thumb.jpg

I thought I'd post a picture of my (finally) finished Super Snake here in this section. It started from the GT500KR coupe kit and did some minor work to get the hood turned into a SS. THen I decided to take it further and make it a convertible by cutting off the roof, making the interior qtr panel corrected to vert stryle and adding the light bar. I had the decals (a complete set with stripes, emblems, logos, ect) made by Keith Marks and they now should be available to everyone interested. I hope you guys like it. I have to put the pics in seperate posts due to the size limit.

NICE job!

I used to build a lot of plastic models when I was a kid and have the talent to make highly detailed models but somewhere along the line I lost the patience!

My step-dad worked for Revell in the early/mid '60's when we lived in Venice CA so I got a LOT of free models and a couple that were proto-types (along with much of my slot-car stuff).

My wife bought me the Revell large scale 2010 GT500 for Christmas and Amazon screwed up and sent two. Actually, the USPS delivered the first one to the wrong address, Amazon over-nighted her a replacement and then the mail carrier dropped the first one my front porch a few days later (I assume the people it got delivered to got it back to him and he realized the mistake). So anyway, I have two but I have yet to even open the box on one of them! I figure I can either keep one boxed up in the original box (for "collector value") and build the other one, or use the second one for extra parts so I can 'modify' them (make a Super Snake hood, etc.).

I just don't have the patience to even START one let alone finish it, which is why I didn't buy one myself when they came out (and told her so!).

That and I'm just too F*ck*ng 'anal'. It has to be PERFECT or I do it over. And I'm a detail freak too. So what would take most people a day, takes me three....

Again, NICE WORK.

Phill

and the interior and finished chassis / engine.

You remind me of me......

If you want it done RIGHT, do it yourself 'cause ain't nobody gonna do it as well as YOU (or I) want it done.

Phill

You remind me of me......

If you want it done RIGHT, do it yourself 'cause ain't nobody gonna do it as well as YOU (or I) want it done.

Phill

I am impressed that even the bare metal axle tubes look "correct", as found on the 2007-2010 GT500's..............again, Very Cool!!

Much easier to do with spray on a plastic model axle, than to rust remove and duplicate in the "real world" for the correct original look.........

0019-1.jpg

...........but in the end, it is all about the detail.......

R

Archived