TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got the Griggs suspension stuff!

mauijim

Earlier I posted a topic here and listed the considerable mods my "new" 07 GT500 convertible came with when I bought it and asked you guys where I should go from here. A couple of you said "Griggs Suspension" which I honestly had never heard of so I started looking into it. At first glance the Griggs stuff looked out of the question due to cost but after doing my research it seemed the Griggs suspension was indeed the best out there so I bit the bullet and bought the Torgue Arm, Watts link, and Koni Coil overs. At the same time I replaced all 4 rotors and pads, BMR LCA's, and added the heavy duty cooling to match the Kenne Bell 2.8, Shelby guage pod, alluminum drive shaft and a custom tune. All told it was almost $15,000 (don't tell my wife). Anyway I just wanted to give an account of how this all went down and thank the guys who took my money because they all did a great job. It was very expensive but I don't mind paying for quality when I get exactly what I asked for... my car is now amazing!

Thanks to Van at Raven Racing for guiding me through the process of choosing the Griggs stuff and selling me the parts at a fair price as well as going the extra mile for me when I had to ask him for a favor that he didn't want to do, and didn't have to do, but he came through for me.

Thanks to Ed at Rizza Racing in Thornton Colorado for being so thorough and meticulous. Anyone in our area that needs work on their car or a custom tune I can't say enough about Ed and his tuner james. These guys really went beyond the call of duty to do a great job and they came in on time and on budget. Two things I really appriciate! Thanks guys!

The car rides very firm and the suspension is a little noisier than stock but it is literally on rails! And the tune is awesome! Very smooth power. The Dyno numbers were 630 rwhp and 560 lb ft with a conservative tune.

Anyone interested in disucssinng the journey let me know.

mauijim - Congrats on all those great mods you've had done! Great to hear Ed from Rizza came through for you as this reinforces what I already heard from others. I'm in the front range and it sure is nice to have someone knowledgeable and experienced to work on our cars.

Cheers,

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Can I talk you into posting some close up pictures of the Watt's link and the connection points to the frame and Axle?

I have the system and the car is up on the lift. The limited instructios are just that, LIMITED. It would be a great help to see how they place the spacers between the Heim joints etc.

Mucho gracias

Archived