TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Pricing here...

Crushinator

Thought I'd list the pricing for those that haven't seen it yet.

Base - $54,995

SVT PP - $3,495

Glass roof - $1,995

Cover - $375

Paint - Candy Red - $395

(all other colors, no extra cost)

Electronics package - $2,340

Shaker Pro - $1,295

Recaro seats - $1,595

So a fully loaded Candy Red coupe is $66,4850 + dest and any other color loaded will be $66,090.

No mention of the Track Package? What's going on there? Did they decide not to offer it?

Pricing is out on the Ford website but not on concepts where the orders are placed, nor is it on fmcdealer the account we use for order guides and pricing??? So we'll see when those show if they match up.

When comparing to other cars for what you get, it is a steal. IMO when comparing to a 2012 retail I think they are crazy. I think they are going to price it put of range for folks other than true Mustang fans. To the commoner it is still a Mustang. The way my math works this car same options is going to cost you about 13k more than same options on a 12. I don't think they made 13k in improvements.

Truthfully, if you think about what you're getting for the money, it's definitely worth it.

When you compare the cost to everything else in the same performance category, this car is a flat out steal!

I can't wait to get mine! Cost be damned!

If you don't mind me asking what did you get for your 11'?

Jimmy

2011 Shelby GT 500 SVTPP

Comparing base price only, the GT500 is in the same ballpark as the ZL1, which was to be expected. The difference is with the options. Adding every option, the ZL1 is still below $60K but some options don't seem to be available (I didn't see navigation on the option list). Personally, I would certainly be willing to pay more for the GT550 than the ZL1, but I agree that a fully optioned car in the high 60s is a bit steep.

The Z06 also offers a 3150 lb curb weight, world class handing and balance, proper brakes, and proper tires.

Just sayin!

For $60B of failure - with countless billions foisted upon creditors, bondholders and taxpayers and every vehicle GM sells being a tax upon every LEGITIMATE car maker, I'd expect one hell of a lot more than brakes and tires.

Just sayin!

In the meantime, my order is ready to go. And with MY luck, 2014's going to cost me a heap all over again.

Comparing base price only, the GT500 is in the same ballpark as the ZL1, which was to be expected. The difference is with the options. Adding every option, the ZL1 is still below $60K but some options don't seem to be available (I didn't see navigation on the option list). Personally, I would certainly be willing to pay more for the GT550 than the ZL1, but I agree that a fully optioned car in the high 60s is a bit steep.

You got to do better than an outdated Navigation system...

I did some calculations based on the 2012 GT500 Coupe to give an idea of invoice pricing. As I said, this is just an idea but should be pretty close.

The Base MSRP of a '12 is $49,605 while invoice is $44,956. Multiply $49,605 x .9061 = $44,947. Close enough to use the same percentage.

The '13 bases at $54,995 and using the same percentage will put the invoice at $49,831.

A fully loaded '12 MSRP is $61,200. Fully loaded invoice of a '12 is $55,045. (Use 90% of total MSRP to get 55080)

A fully loaded '13 MSRP is $66,090. Fully loaded invoice of a '13 should be $59,485 using the same math.

Breakdown of the '12 is as follows, SVTPP - Invoice 3476 MSRP - 3995

Electronics - Invoice 2036 MSRP - 2340

Recaros - Invoice 1388 MSRP - 1595

Cover - Invoice 326 MSRP - 375

Glass Roof - Invoice 1736 MSRP - 1995

Shaker Pro - Invoice 1127 MSRP - 1295

Of course, we still don't have a price for the Track Pack so that has to be figured in when it comes out.

Bondurant uses Corvettes in their classes so I got 3 days of unapologetic seat time in one last year. We did not use Z06s but regular cars optioned up to the same level of the Z06 except with the regular (non-dry sump) engine.

They were most awesome shabbily built cars I've ever driven.

The car ran and handled on the track very well. But the interior was falling apart. Yeah, they'd been rode hard and put up wet but I don't think interior panels should fall off and the electric door opener on my car would trap me inside and take 3-4 times to release.

Power train/handling - thumbs up. Build qualty - big thumbs down.

Bondurant's personal ZR1 was a different story though. But it should be for $150K+.

I did some calculations based on the 2012 GT500 Coupe to give an idea of invoice pricing. As I said, this is just an idea but should be pretty close.

The Base MSRP of a '12 is $49,605 while invoice is $44,956. Multiply $49,605 x .9061 = $44,947. Close enough to use the same percentage.

The '13 bases at $54,995 and using the same percentage will put the invoice at $49,831.

A fully loaded '12 MSRP is $61,200. Fully loaded invoice of a '12 is $55,045. (Use 90% of total MSRP to get 55080)

A fully loaded '13 MSRP is $66,090. Fully loaded invoice of a '13 should be $59,485 using the same math.

Breakdown of the '12 is as follows, SVTPP - Invoice 3476 MSRP - 3995

Electronics - Invoice 2036 MSRP - 2340

Recaros - Invoice 1388 MSRP - 1595

Cover - Invoice 326 MSRP - 375

Glass Roof - Invoice 1736 MSRP - 1995

Shaker Pro - Invoice 1127 MSRP - 1295

Of course, we still don't have a price for the Track Pack so that has to be figured in when it comes out.

The Track Pack price is $2995 (MSRP)

Wow, pricing is high, but you can ask what you want, whether it sells is another story. $68,000 for a loaded convertible is crazy!

I agree, that is $6K plus higher than the 2012's that are not selling. With the amount of discount you can get on a 2012 it is $12-15K more, I would get a 2012 or wait until they are sitting on the lots and get some rebates.

I personally think almost $70K for a loaded Vert is Crazy.

Time will tell if it sells.

I agree, that is $6K plus higher than the 2012's that are not selling. With the amount of discount you can get on a 2012 it is $12-15K more, I would get a 2012 or wait until they are sitting on the lots and get some rebates.

I personally think almost $70K for a loaded Vert is Crazy.

Time will tell if it sells.

Yeah I'm very interested in a new vert but I'm going to wait until I can get one for close to invoice.

Random thoughts.....

The base price of $55,000 MSRP is actually not TOO scary. Once you can get them around invoice its not too bad. However, once you start adding options....Damn. It makes my EYES water. SVTPP and Track Pack pushes the price up to heart attack levels. The thing that will work out for Ford is, this car will only be available for 2013 and 2014, then its gone. You are also only needing to move 5,000 per year. SO, you will get the "First On The Block Collectors" that will pay any price and will absorb the first 6 months of production. Then, the average selling price begins to drop over time and you end up with the same thing we saw with the 2011 and 2012s. At the end of the second year, the selling prices are at invoice or below with some cash on the hood.

For a BUYER, the smart money would be to wait 6 months and go pick up "yesterdays Super Car"......a 2011 or 2012 GT500. You just read where a member let his 2011 go for $42,000. Think about THAT for a moment. 550hp, aluminum block, TR6060 badass for $42,000. As people trade "up" to a 2013 and 2014, those 2011 and 2012 cars will show up in higher and higher numbers.

Yes, boys, its a hell of a time to be "a car guy".

Archived