TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weldcraft your Razors?

mr4teth

I'm looking to add some meat to my rear!

I know Alcoa guys are widening their wheels as much as 12 inches with little modifications for clearance. Does anyone have experience widening their Razors? If so you're input would be appreciated!

How wide did you got?

Did you have to mod anything for clearance?

What brand tires are you running and what size?

Thanks! :beer:

yes Eric VAUGHN widened my razors 11.00 is all you can go and you have to remove your bumpstop bracket and 315-35-20 is as big as you can go I used michellin SS all the way around with 275-35-20 on 9inch razors 428cj

Thanks 428cj! You wouldn't happen to have PICS for your rear would you?

yes Eric VAUGHN widened my razors 11.00 is all you can go and you have to remove your bumpstop bracket and 315-35-20 is as big as you can go I used michellin SS all the way around with 275-35-20 on 9inch razors 428cj

Did you find the Mich SS a substantial improvement? Also thinking about a 275 width in this tire for the front. How did you find it effecting the steering (better or worse?)

Did you find the Mich SS a substantial improvement? Also thinking about a 275 width in this tire for the front. How did you find it effecting the steering (better or worse?)

275 on front works great, big improvement in handling and traction on a warm day .I also like the tall tires alot better 428cj

I'm looking to add some meat to my rear!

I know Alcoa guys are widening their wheels as much as 12 inches with little modifications for clearance. Does anyone have experience widening their Razors? If so you're input would be appreciated!

How wide did you got?

Did you have to mod anything for clearance?

What brand tires are you running and what size?

Thanks! :beer:

This may help.

http://www.teamshelb...2-20x11-razors/

Don

GT67 used a differant offset wheel to widen to start with the offset that I have is different from the front wheel they set the tire inside the quarter panel about 3/8 of a inch I had to remove the bumpstop bracket and take shock covers off . Eric Vaughn adds another back to the wheels with only 1 complete weld it is not pieced togeather with several different welds and pieces 428cj

Archived