TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT350 arrival???

rwerner

does anybody know when a 2012 GT350 would be completed if the base vehicle was recieved at shelby in early Feb. 2012

Mine arrived at Shelby june 12th 2011 and was delivered to my house december 1st 2011. Just in time for the snow! Weather is calling for rain tommorow, that should wash the salt off the road.So tuesday #101 of the 2012 GT350s is going to meet the asphalt!!!

Fellas -

2012 GT350 #155 got to Shelby in late July 2011 (from Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas)

basic production completed 12/30/11, but "inspections" and "test drives" would take another week or so beyond that

Museum Delivery 2/3/12, and then off to the Shelby Speed Shop for some mods

still at the Speed Shop - so my delivery date in New Jersey will be some time in April 2012

i would say budget at least 6 months for basic GT350 production, given all the 50th work going on at Shelby these days

Pat

• 1 month later...

Just talked to Shelby today. Car was dropped off last week to them. Talked to Rich in customer service he said 6 months or MORE. There still working on GT350's from October 2011 still. Ouch.

As others before had helped me through my arduous wait, I feel I owe future GT350 owners the following...... It will be worth it! I was in your shoes (twice) and each day turned into a week. Then each month turned into two, etc, etc. My frustration really showed, and I even made it known here in T.S. Trust me, the wait will be worth it! Keep the faith, and plan on how you will handle all the "thumbs up" and "paparazzi" that pull along side you to take your picture :camera:

As others before had helped me through my arduous wait, I feel I owe future GT350 owners the following...... It will be worth it! I was in your shoes (twice) and each day turned into a week. Then each month turned into two, etc, etc. My frustration really showed, and I even made it known here in T.S. Trust me, the wait will be worth it! Keep the faith, and plan on how you will handle all the "thumbs up" and "paparazzi" that pull along side you to take your picture :camera:

I agree 110%. Hang in there! I’m still waiting for my psychiatric bill from Roger at SA.

• 4 months later...

Gran Turismo is enroute! Kona blue vert with automatic and a kenne bell s/c put on by Frankie at the speed shop. This will be the longest 5-7 days waiting for this.

Pictures are a must on delivery! It brings the excitement back to all of us!

• 3 weeks later...

Yea guys production is a little slow. But understand guys there kinda hand built. Plus building a awesome flat takes time. But th great news is she will be perfect also correct. I ordered 1 for customer 11 #25, took near 9 months. But the car was and still is awesome in every way! Trust what there saying, there good people out at Shelby American.

• 3 weeks later...

It took 10 months for my 2011. Worth it? You will know the answer everytime you take a ride and drop the hammer! And attention? I just returned from the fourth car show that I have put it in in the year that I have had the car and got my fourth award!

Car fans love it as much as you will.

B)

i got the call yesterday from richard valdes yesterday the 25 th of oct, that my 2013 gt-350 is done.. the car was delivered to S.A.I. sept 18th, i have the museum delivery set up for nov 9th. the car looked good in the pics, the wait was short.... i have never driven a mustang , i hope its fun!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. I have been completely buried with life and work. I only put on 600 miles on the GT350 the last two months. Too much rain and cold on the days I could ride.image.tiff

Very nice collection you have! So, was the wait worth it like we all said?

Thanks i enjoy them both equally. I wanted a vert auto that my wife could drive. First time she drove it she hammered the throttle gave it a good go. Stopped. Looked at me and said "Now I GET IT!!" smiled and drove another hour smiling. The wait was worth it. I really enjoy the auto tranny as well. I ordered it with a KB 2.8 blower and this trans shifts very nice. There both in storage and it is now time for more waiting.

Archived