TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 S197 Shelby Meet at Mid-America. Tulsa, OK

Staff

SUMMARY OF EVENTS

WEDNESDAY: FORD OF TULSA AND ROUSH RACING WELCOME YOU

Early registration upstairs in the Redbud Room at the Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills from 5:00 p.m. to

8:30 p.m. Taking the time to pick up your registration packet and other necessary credentials will really

expedite your admittance to the tracks and other events, i.e., the car show. It is extremely important not

to wait until Sunday morning to enter your car in the popular ballot show.

The S197 Shelby Owners Assoc. will have someone at the registration area for any questions.

THURSDAY: FORD MUSTANG OPEN TRACK—HALLETT

Arrive Hallett 8:00 a.m. Look for the motorhome. Schedule of events and approximate timetable will

be available at registration. The track will close at 5:00 p.m. Pre-registration is strongly advised to

insure your place in the event. Cruisin’ Tulsa in the evening, sponsored by Latemodel Restoration,

leaving from the hotel parking lot about 6:15. Registration from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hallett, then from

4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Redbud Room at the Marriott.

FRIDAY: FORD MUSTANG OPEN TRACK—HALLETT

Open Track continues at Hallett, 8:00 a.m. Regular sessions, track tour (speed-controlled, with pace

car), and on-track vintage car exhibition, and on-track latemodel car exhibition, at speed. Track closes

at 5 p.m. Pre-registration is very strongly recommended.

Registration from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at Hallett, then from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Redbud Room at the Marriott.

Informal reception usually a array of snack food and a cash bar is avalaible during this roundtable seminars along with guest speakers, art and memorabilia show/sale from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., in the hotel ballroom. The S197 Shelby Owners Assoc will be on hand to purchase products or ask questions. . Outdoor concert to follow.

SATURDAY: GOODYEAR EAGLE DAY—TULSA RACEWAY PARK

HALLETT MOTOR RACING CIRCUIT OPEN TRACK

Open Track continues at Hallett 9:00 a.m., regular sessions. Registration and gate opening at 9:00 a.m.

Tulsa Raceway Park. Due to safety considerations, gates will open for track personnel and vendors at

7:30 a.m. Gates open for racers 8:00 a.m. Practice from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. The schedule for

the rest of the day will be given out at tech-in. The FE Shootout, a trophy program, and powderpuff

program will be available.

That evening after Returning to the Marriott, Happy Hour in the banquet room from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., with our

banquet, evening program with guest speakers, exciting entertainment, and our impressive array of

door-prizes to follow. S197 Shelby Owners Assoc. will be offering up lots of good goodies for the door prizes along with the already impressive array of door prizes. The banquet is well worth the 30 dollars. It is a full sit down meal. Last year Ford was a guest speaker and talked about the GT500. I know that Ford will be there this year. Who knows what we will see.

SUNDAY: ALL FORD SUPER SHOW SPONSORED BY CLASSIC DESIGN CONCEPTS

Shelby Owners Assoc. BBQ/lunch from 12.30-1.30 members and guests can come by and have some lunch on the S197 Shelby OA

Registration at the Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills, in the parking lot at 8:30 a.m. Look for the

motorhome!!! Popular ballot show and SAAC level concours for Shelby and Boss Mustangs. The

concours event is judged. CONCOURS PARTICIPATION IS BY PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY! Please

note that balloting for the car show will end no later than 1:00 p.m. Lunch break from 12:30 to 1:30.

Awards for the car show and the concours are scheduled to begin at approximately 2:30, in the hotel

banquet room. Also, we ask you to please leave your cars parked in place at the car show area until

1:30 p.m.

33rd ANNUAL MID-AMERICA FORD PERFORMANCE AND SHELBY MEET Pricing

REGISTRATION FEES: Participation & Admission to all events is by registration only!!!

Registration Fees = admission to all events. Fees are per person. Children under 12 free with adult.

Pre-Registration Fee: @ $35 each ,$40 at the event

BANQUET TICKETS:

Pre-Registration Tickets $30 each , $35 at the event

Children (under 10) Tickets $15 each

HALLETT OPEN TRACK FEES:

Pre-Registration Open Track $135 each, THURSDAY $145 at the event

Pre-Registration Open Track $135 each, FRIDAY $145 at the event

SATURDAY $155 at the event

DRAG RACES:

Drivers must be registered participants

Pre-Registration Drag Race $ 35 each , $40 at the event

Entrants may elect to fun for “time only” and not participate in the elimination races.

CAR SHOW: Complimentary with pre-registration, $30 Sunday day of the show.

Concours Registration for SHELBY and BOSS cars only!!! For concours information and entry sheet,

please contact Jeff Yergovich (816) 246-9093, ASAP

ACCOMMODATIONS: Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills, (918) 493-7000 and Tulsa Hilton Southern Hills, 918-492-5000.

Make arrangements directly with the hotel. Rooms will be at a premium! Please be sure to mention that you are coming

for the car show. A block of Special-Discount Room rate is available on reserve while supplies last.

We would like to know who is going to attend this show. We would like to have an idea so we can plan accordingly. I have called the head of the show and he told me that he has around 20+ new Shelbys coming. So if we could get a list together. If you have any questions you can contact Robert or Sharon.

If you are interested in attending this MEET then follow this link to register http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...p;p18_eventid=1

I need to know who is going to Oklahoma Meet. Please post here. Thanks Sharon

I am planning on driving my Shelby and attending the AAI summer event at Flatrock. I am thinking of attending the Oklahoma re-union but I plan to either fly down or ride down with someone in New England who may want to drive, but split the costs. My question is Mr. Shelby planning on making an appearance at either Oklahoma or Flatrock? I want to meet him in person and get his autograph. If he plans to attend Oklahoma and not Flatrock I would need to change my thinking about my Shelby.

Guest admin.stangs
I am planning on driving my Shelby and attending the AAI summer event at Flatrock. I am thinking of attending the Oklahoma re-union but I plan to either fly down or ride down with someone in New England who may want to drive, but split the costs. My question is Mr. Shelby planning on making an appearance at either Oklahoma or Flatrock? I want to meet him in person and get his autograph. If he plans to attend Oklahoma and not Flatrock I would need to change my thinking about my Shelby.

Carroll Shelby has not attended the Oklahoma meet in many years. It is probably to hot. So if he is your reason for coming , I would not count on him coming.

:hyper: I'm going! Will be there Wednesday thru Sunday at the Marriott. :hyper:

Tim

Cool I will have more information later. I want to see how many of us are going to be there to plan BBQ for the Members. I know alot of people are waiting for the AAI tour and I am working my best to try to get dates down and final details. I am hoping in the next couple of weeks I will have them. Robert and I are also staying at the Marriott Wed- Sunday. We look forward to meeting you.

My wife and I will be there with our GT500. We will also be staying in a motorhome nearby. Your schedule did not include the driving school at Hallet on Wed. We are signed up for that event, open track thurs and the car show.

Thanks I will add that to the schedule later today.

My wife and I will be there with our GT500. We will also be staying in a motorhome nearby. Your schedule did not include the driving school at Hallet on Wed. We are signed up for that event, open track thurs and the car show.

I'm also signed up for the driving school at Hallet on Wed. along with the open track on thursday.

I am going and staying at the Hilton Tulsa Southern Hills June 13-17. Is there a way to pre register on line? Is there an opening for the driving school? I emailed but have not gotten a response?

I am going and staying at the Hilton Tulsa Southern Hills June 13-17. Is there a way to pre register on line? Is there an opening for the driving school? I emailed but have not gotten a response?

I will check tomorrow and let you know about the driving school I think that they had a limited amount of space, not sure if they are sold out. I don't think that there is a way to register on line. I know that you can pre-register. However they make it pretty easy to register when you get there.

Just do a search for the Mid-America Ford and Shelby Perfromance Meet to find their web site. You can register on-line just check off everything you want to participate in and add up the price and submit it. You won't get a reply, everything will be included in your registration packet when you pick it up at the event. When you do pick it up check it over and make sure they included everything you wanted. I've attended for the past 15 years and this is how they handle registration.

Just found out this is fathers day weekend! Going to take some real schmoozing from now till then

Going to this event is the perfect fathers day gift! :shift:

I will check tomorrow and let you know about the driving school I think that they had a limited amount of space, not sure if they are sold out. I don't think that there is a way to register on line. I know that you can pre-register. However they make it pretty easy to register when you get there.

Sharon,

Did you hear back from SAAC/SVT about the driving school? I registered (& paid) back in January. The initial e-mail I received from someone in Tulsa said that I should receive a confirmation e-mail about the school but I have heard nothing. It would be nice to know if I'm in, when to show up, etc.

Any help communicating with them would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived