TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350H Restoration

Hey TS,

My Dad and I are in the middle of the restoration on his GT350H, and have come across a few technical electrical questions...

1. Who do you guys recommend to rebuild/restore the original factory dash mounted tachometer? It works sporadically at best, and it just needs to be gone through electrically and cosmetically.

2. When the headlights are on, should the front turn signals also be on? I know when you have the switch pulled out in "park", the orange indicators are on, but when we pull the headlights full on, they go off. I've seen it both ways on other Mustangs from this vintage, and we want to make it correct.

Thanks in advance for any insight/suggestions.

Best,

Sudguy4

Hey TS,

My Dad and I are in the middle of the restoration on his GT350H, and have come across a few technical electrical questions...

1. Who do you guys recommend to rebuild/restore the original factory dash mounted tachometer? It works sporadically at best, and it just needs to be gone through electrically and cosmetically.

2. When the headlights are on, should the front turn signals also be on? I know when you have the switch pulled out in "park", the orange indicators are on, but when we pull the headlights full on, they go off. I've seen it both ways on other Mustangs from this vintage, and we want to make it correct.

Thanks in advance for any insight/suggestions.

Best,

Sudguy4

Cannot help but please post some pictures if you can. Good luck

• 7 months later...

Check with MoMa Manufacturing in Albuquerque , New Mexico phone is (505) 766-6661 ask for Margaret . That's for the tach. As far as the turn signals go (fronts) they are a single filament bulb which are off when headlights are on ( I believe exported models were different due to European law) and the rear tail lights are a dual filament bulb are on with the lights - both are fed through the turn signal switch which has the power fed to the t/s switch from the head light switch . So a different or aftermarket turn signal switch may be what is causing the difference that you see from car to car. Getting too old to remember all this stuff.

Archived