TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Grabber Blue Paint Code

Sudguy4

Hey TS,

Did any notice that within the 2013 Shelby GT500 ordering guide, Ford placed an asterisk (*) next to the color Grabber Blue, which denotes it as a new exterior color for 2013. Has something about this color changed? Was it not available for 2012?

Any further explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sudguy4

The color code in the 2012 GT500 order guide is the exact same as the one in the 2013 order guide. If the colors were different in any way wouldn't there be a different code or are there other numbers that would distinguish between the two?

I had stripe problems when I bought my '08 GT500 and almost ended up with one bright white stripe and one not so bright because the dealer had a hard time distinguishing between the two different model years. If the paint tone has changed I could see the same thing happening with the '12 and '13 models if they don't have a different codes for the different years.

The color codes do match up but also seeing the 2013 Boss in person at the auto show it is darker than your 2011 and 2012 grabber mustangs. But as seen on the order guide it does state that it is a new color this year. Time will tell when they start to arrive.

The color codes do match up but also seeing the 2013 Boss in person at the auto show it is darker than your 2011 and 2012 grabber mustangs. But as seen on the order guide it does state that it is a new color this year. Time will tell when they start to arrive.

I wish I could see one in person. I am leaning towards the Grabber Blue but at times they look like a powder blue to me which I am not a fan of. If it is darker than I am sold.

Yeah we have a 2011 GT500 here and the baby blue doesn't do it for me either, the Boss that I saw is much darker. pm me your email and I'll shoot you a pic I took at the car show. Won't let me put up here for some reason.

I was dead set on getting a grabber blue '13, but after seeing that deep impact blue with white strpies I think that's the color I'm getting.

It really reminds me of the Cobra roadsters colors. There's so many colors to choose from, that's my biggest hang up right now.

I want to make sure I get the "perfect" color for me.

I was dead set on getting a grabber blue '13, but after seeing that deep impact blue with white strpies I think that's the color I'm getting.

It really reminds me of the Cobra roadsters colors. There's so many colors to choose from, that's my biggest hang up right now.

I want to make sure I get the "perfect" color for me.

You are not alone in that...... :headscratch:

You are not alone in that...... :headscratch:

I was going to get Black with Red stripes until I saw the new Grabber Blue with Black Stripes. But over the Weekend I saw a 2011 Sterling Gray Metalic with Silver stripes and it just glowed in the sunshine! Tough decision.

Vinny

Archived