TEAM SHELBY FORUM

True Forged Billet Jacking Inserts Available at Revan Racing, Inc.

Steve at True Forged and I spoke this afternoon and decided we would work together to get these inserts up available through Revan Racing, Inc.

Another great product Made in the U.S.A.!

http://www.revanracing.com/products/true-forged-billet-jacking-inserts.html

Van

www.revanracing.com

561-445-7702

van@revanracing.com

Yes. It works on all S-197 Mustangs and Shelby's. The demand has been huge and there are more being prepared now. Over 30 sold in less than 2 days.

I had to have a few for my garage.................... :happy feet:

These little things are great! I just painted/hydro dipped my rocker panels too, so these puppies couldn't have come at a better time!

I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I had to powder coat mine in an anodized red. Should make it a little harder to lose.

img1498li.jpg

img1509xa.jpg

The piece fits right onto the pinch weld making it MUCH easier to raise the vehicle.

dsc08858sz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The pinch weld will not necessarily go all the way to the bottom of the groove in the jacking pad. The object of the pad is to NOT lift the car from the pinch weld, but disperse the weight of the car around the pinch weld and onto the chassis. The pinch weld would crush if you jacked on it or put pressure on it. The jack pad enables you to jack the car up from the edge of the chassis (keeping you from having to stick the jack far under the car) without crushing the pinch weld itself.

This is what its supposed to look like:

B0ADF895.jpg

20066C61.jpg

Here's the clearance I have between the jack and the pad with the car on the ground.

D960B860.jpg

You'll eventually collapse or at the very least bend the pinch welds if you place the jack flat against them. If you don't care that's your choice, but the other problem is that the GT500 has a rocker panel that wraps around the bottom of the chassis and covers most of the jack rail. If you were to use a regular jack and try to lift the car by the rail, you'd crush the rocker panel. I'm not sure if your car has that type of rocker panel, but if you crush that pinch weld or slip off of it, your running a HUGE risk of making a Freddy Flinstone power hole in the floor panel of your car. I've seen it happen and it aint pretty.

S197's are designed to be lifted by the recess in the pinch weld. If you lift in the recess in the pinch weld you should have no problems. Don't lift by the area outside the recess. I have been doing it for years and my pinch welds and rockers are fine.

Mine fits fine at the rear like the pictures shared. Its the front that it does not. Have you tried the front one?

The second picture I posted is of the front passenger side. I used the that same jacking pad to lift ALL four corners of the car just to make sure that it was 100% solid and fit was perfect all the way around. Steve asked me to do that before he put them on the market for this very reason. He wouldn't have put them out if there were any issues and I can guarantee you that if I had a fit problem or a suggestion for change, he would have listened and in many cases puts me on the phone with his machinist to make sure that there is no misscommunication or missunderstanding. Trust me, Steve wouldn't put ANYTHING on the market with his name or "True Forged" on it, if it wasn't tested in the real world first.

Post up a pic of your jack pad and if possible, where your having a problem with it. Its possible that during the machining process there was an error or something was missed in QC when it was packaged up for distribution. I can look at pics of it and tell right away if there is anything wrong with it. If the pad is machined correctly though, I can't see how there would be any fitment problems with any S197 chassis Mustang.

The second picture I posted is of the front passenger side. I used the that same jacking pad to lift ALL four corners of the car just to make sure that it was 100% solid and fit was perfect all the way around. Steve asked me to do that before he put them on the market for this very reason. He wouldn't have put them out if there were any issues and I can guarantee you that if I had a fit problem or a suggestion for change, he would have listened and in many cases puts me on the phone with his machinist to make sure that there is no misscommunication or missunderstanding. Trust me, Steve wouldn't put ANYTHING on the market with his name or "True Forged" on it, if it wasn't tested in the real world first.

Post up a pic of your jack pad and if possible, where your having a problem with it. Its possible that during the machining process there was an error or something was missed in QC when it was packaged up for distribution. I can look at pics of it and tell right away if there is anything wrong with it. If the pad is machined correctly though, I can't see how there would be any fitment problems with any S197 chassis Mustang.

I will try to post up some pictures. The rear fits perfect and I do understand how the item works. Thanks.

Steve at True Forged and I spoke this afternoon and decided we would work together to get these inserts up available through Revan Racing, Inc.

Another great product Made in the U.S.A.!

http://www.revanraci...ng-inserts.html

Van

www.revanracing.com

561-445-7702

van@revanracing.com

Van,

Your site lists the product at $65.oo.

Is that for a PAIR or EACH? It doesn't say but it does say "packaged individually" so I'm kind of *assuming*, ea..

It looks like something I can't live without!

Phill (how on EARTH have I gotten this far in life! <lol>)

Phil - Its sold as each, you need to order two if you jack both sides like I do 90% of the time. B)

Does not seem to fit on the front pinch weld of the GT-H. Rear is perfect as shown in the picture. Appears that the opening is not as deep. Any thoughts

The problem appears to be the rocker panel which may be specific to SGT & SGT/H

At the front pinch weld is an attachment point for the plastic pin that fastens the rocker panel at that point, which keeps the jacking pad from seating properly on the outboard side

Where at the rear pinch weld, the rocker panel is open with a cutout & the jacking pad fits in nicely

Any ideas?

Thanks

OK, here are pictures of the issue with the front jacking point & why the billet jack pad doesn't seat

Front jack point on pinch weld

SGT Rocker panel attachment prevents jack pad from seating properly

frontjackrail.jpg

Rear jack point on pinch weld

SGT rocker panel is cutout & jack pad fits perfectly

rearjackrail.jpg

Still looking for ideas that may lead to a solution, so that we may use the cool billet jacking pad on the front of a SGT

Polishing project last night

jackingpadcopy.jpg

Thanks

Larry

OK, here are pictures of the issue with the front jacking point & why the billet jack pad doesn't seat

Front jack point on pinch weld

SGT Rocker panel attachment prevents jack pad from seating properly

frontjackrail.jpg

Rear jack point on pinch weld

SGT rocker panel is cutout & jack pad fits perfectly

rearjackrail.jpg

Still looking for ideas that may lead to a solution, so that we may use the cool billet jacking pad on the front of a SGT

Polishing project last night

jackingpadcopy.jpg

Thanks

Larry

Thank you Larry for posting. I was going to check another GT-H but have not had the chance. Seems to be the issue I was referring too. Shared this on GT site.

That sucks I ordered mine already, not as useful knowing it only works on the rear.

Friend has used his jacking pad on the front of his SGT

Assume there must be enough flex in the plastic as it compresses when force from jacking

I'll check it out tomorrow

• 9 months later...

Nice product!

I use the "poor man's" method - a piece of cardboard, trimmed to fit the jack "cup"' wrapped in duct tape. No damage to the pinch point in 5.5 years!

Archived