TEAM SHELBY FORUM

From the OTHER Shelby Forums, Carroll Shelby noy doing well

David Hawkins

Last night at the bash the first thing that was done in the banquet room was to say a prayer for Mr. Shelby. Many people bowed there heads to say a few words in prayer to the man upstairs for Carroll. Towards the end of the banquet the president of SA John Luft gave a brief update on Carroll and told everyone that he has been in the hospital the last 6-8 weeks and he is improving little by little now. He is talking to people and getting better. John also mentioned the Lord in his talks and hope for Carroll to make it through and be with us during the coming year. Prayers do work....and many were said last night at the 50th Bash.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Rob, my prayers continue for Carroll and his family

That is all we can do is keep praying for Carroll and praying that the meds and doctors efforts to help Carroll have the healing power to allow him to get better.

My two cents - I find it unconscionable that the word would now come down to this site that Carroll had been in the hospital for the last 6 to 8 weeks (which is it 6 or 8) ! How rude that no one in the know could inform this site so that we could send cards and well wishes because I seriously doubt that Carroll reads Team Shelby. I too, like most of you, have silently had Carroll in my prayers. Why weren't we kept up to date? Don't say it is a matter of privacy - we are suppose to be a team and I would think that Carroll appreciates everyone that honors his name and legacy by purchasing his cars - aren't we all suppose to be a family? I, for one, am really disappointed with the leaders of this site.

Last night at the bash the first thing that was done in the banquet room was to say a prayer for Mr. Shelby. Many people bowed there heads to say a few words in prayer to the man upstairs for Carroll. Towards the end of the banquet the president of SA John Luft gave a brief update on Carroll and told everyone that he has been in the hospital the last 6-8 weeks and he is improving little by little now. He is talking to people and getting better. John also mentioned the Lord in his talks and hope for Carroll to make it through and be with us during the coming year. Prayers do work....and many were said last night at the 50th Bash.

Thanks for sharing Luft's update from the Bash.

My two cents - I find it unconscionable that the word would now come down to this site that Carroll had been in the hospital for the last 6 to 8 weeks (which is it 6 or 8) ! ...

There's something in that sentiment, BUT: in the language of today, "it is what it is". You do the best you can with what you got, and I expect the "leaders" have done just that. It's obvious from what has gone before on the forums, Team Shelby "members" certainly have. Perhaps with these data points to consider, next time - there will be others, eventually - we'll see different decisions.

Meanwhile, there is a strong flow of positive, healing, recovery sentiments in the direction of Mr Shelby, and support for his family. Which really should kind of include us, don't you think?

There's something in that sentiment, BUT: in the language of today, "it is what it is". You do the best you can with what you got, and I expect the "leaders" have done just that. It's obvious from what has gone before on the forums, Team Shelby "members" certainly have. Perhaps with these data points to consider, next time - there will be others, eventually - we'll see different decisions.

Meanwhile, there is a strong flow of positive, healing, recovery sentiments in the direction of Mr Shelby, and support for his family. Which really should kind of include us, don't you think?

If you read my statement you will see that I do feel that Team Shelby is doing all they can, but I feel that the leaders could have done more to keep us informed or allow us an address to send cards to - even if they got delivered to the hospital by someone we sent them to. Pretty poor support I think.

If you read my statement you will see that I do feel that Team Shelby is doing all they can, but I feel that the leaders could have done more to keep us informed or allow us an address to send cards to - even if they got delivered to the hospital by someone we sent them to. Pretty poor support I think.

Wayne,

Now that we do know, let's pray for Carroll and his family. Being critical of who should have done what - at this point is non-productive...

My two cents - I find it unconscionable that the word would now come down to this site that Carroll had been in the hospital for the last 6 to 8 weeks (which is it 6 or 8) ! How rude that no one in the know could inform this site so that we could send cards and well wishes because I seriously doubt that Carroll reads Team Shelby. I too, like most of you, have silently had Carroll in my prayers. Why weren't we kept up to date? Don't say it is a matter of privacy - we are suppose to be a team and I would think that Carroll appreciates everyone that honors his name and legacy by purchasing his cars - aren't we all suppose to be a family? I, for one, am really disappointed with the leaders of this site.

I agree, however...you must remember, Carroll Shelby is not just a man...he is and has been an institution for many years and in lending his namesake to products etc, shareholders and investors unfortunately come first.

It is not uncommon in any area of business to conceal illness especially a serious one until the powers to be sort out long term directives.

If and when Mr. Shelby goes horizontal it will affect SAI. the foundation, Ford, sales of everything he has ever touched (past, present and future)...we have already seen a simple autograph for which there hundreds of thousands trying to sell for $5,000.00...

Any time something like this happens, there is an immediate gag order placed on the whole establishment...so don't be too hard on the TS group......I 'd be the first one to pounce if it was deserved but I think in this instance we have to cut them some slack.

This was posted on the Club Cobra forum by one of the members:

Just wanted to share this...Cleo is my "friend" on Facebook...

Cleo Shelby

To all of you who attended the Embassy Suites at LAX North on Tuesday evening, I am really sorry I was unable to attend but I really needed to be with Carroll and I can tell you now he is getting stronger and he is now off the sedation and we hope to have him out of the hospital soon. Thank you to all of you for your concern. I hope you all have a great time in Vegas and we wish we could be there with you and hope to see you at future events. Best wishes Cleo

Perhaps some one will be able to comment further

Thanks for posting up this note from Cleo.

The man is a Legend ,and Legends live on ,,my prayers are with him each day ,and may the Lord heal his pain .Grabber is right ,,Prayers do work .Lets us all keep Carroll in our hearts each day now and always and never forget what the man has given us all .

Agreed...........Prayers do work and I say them every morning.

Prayers and good thoughts for a full and speedy return to good health Mr. Shelby.

I know it is a policy here on TS to not use religion in any of our posts, so forgive me if this bothers you and just ignore my post.

I figured since Carroll told everyone that he made a "deal with the man upstairs" (God) that it would be OK. That deal was that if he lived thru his transplants that he would strive to raise money for kids that needed similar operations. Remember Carroll got his heart transplant in 1991 and his kidney in 1996.

Most know that I have been a member here since 2006 when the site was Stangs Unleashed and I share the same passion for the cars and most importantly the people that I meet that drive the cars...just like you guys do. I just returned from 4 days of fun celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Shelby American and Carroll is very much on my mind and heart. With out him, the many many friendships that I have made would of never of happened. That is a *fact* and I'm sure many of you would agree with me. Those friendships make my life full and meaningful.

That being said I thought about some of the comments that people have made to me about wanting to send Carroll a card wishing him to get well and letting him know that we care. That has been on my mind the last 2 days. Today at Church I did some praying for a couple people that are sick. Carroll being one of them, and the other one is a girl named Susan that has a lump on her breast. At the end of the service I went forward to the cross where some prayer warriors were praying with people and told one of them that I needed prayer for someone sick and elderly. They wanted their name and I said it is for a man named Carroll Shelby. The man said "you mean the Carroll Shelby that is on your jacket?", I said yes and told him of the situation. That man prayed out loud with me in front of the cross for Carroll's health. The prayers he said were very powerful.

I also prepared a prayer at church today and want to share it with you guys so if you desire to send it to the "man upstairs"....you will, or send your own.

Lord, I gather with my brothers and sisters with all our trust and faith in you. Thank you for using Carroll to heal some of your broken hearted children that are very sick. Your healing powers are awesome and powerful. Please Lord, our prayer is that your awesome healing powers rein down on Carrol. Please Lord heal him and continue to use him to do your work in others. Lord, please comfort Carroll and remove his pain. We ask these things in the name of your son Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Lord, I gather with my brothers and sisters with all our trust and faith in you. Thank you for using Carroll to heal some of your broken hearted children that are very sick. Your healing powers are awesome and powerful. Please Lord, our prayer is that your awesome healing powers rein down on Carrol. Please Lord heal him and continue to use him to do your work in others. Lord, please comfort Carroll and remove his pain. We ask these things in the name of your son Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Grabber -

Your prayer is very well put, and along the lines of what I expected the prayer to be on Friday night at the Bash dinner. The prayer that was said was fine, and helped to keep the mood light while talking of a situation that none of us gathered there wished was the case, but I was expecting something a little more reverent and spiritural.

After the prayer was said, I wanted to yell out "God Bless Carroll Shelby", but when I opened my mouth, nothing came out...I was too choked up thinking about Mr. Shelby to make a sound.

I too had Mr. Shelby in my thoughts and prayers today at church, and was going to add his name to our prayer request list, but got distracted after Mass and left without adding his name to the list. I will be sure not to get distracted next week.

Z-man

I know it is a policy here on TS to not use religion in any of our posts, so forgive me if this bothers you and just ignore my post.

I figured since Carroll told everyone that he made a "deal with the man upstairs" (God) that it would be OK. That deal was that if he lived thru his transplants that he would strive to raise money for kids that needed similar operations. Remember Carroll got his heart transplant in 1991 and his kidney in 1996.

Most know that I have been a member here since 2006 when the site was Stangs Unleashed and I share the same passion for the cars and most importantly the people that I meet that drive the cars...just like you guys do. I just returned from 4 days of fun celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Shelby American and Carroll is very much on my mind and heart. With out him, the many many friendships that I have made would of never of happened. That is a *fact* and I'm sure many of you would agree with me. Those friendships make my life full and meaningful.

That being said I thought about some of the comments that people have made to me about wanting to send Carroll a card wishing him to get well and letting him know that we care. That has been on my mind the last 2 days. Today at Church I did some praying for a couple people that are sick. Carroll being one of them, and the other one is a girl named Susan that has a lump on her breast. At the end of the service I went forward to the cross where some prayer warriors were praying with people and told one of them that I needed prayer for someone sick and elderly. They wanted their name and I said it is for a man named Carroll Shelby. The man said "you mean the Carroll Shelby that is on your jacket?", I said yes and told him of the situation. That man prayed out loud with me in front of the cross for Carroll's health. The prayers he said were very powerful.

I also prepared a prayer at church today and want to share it with you guys so if you desire to send it to the "man upstairs"....you will, or send your own.

Amen.

Brilliantly put, and Amen, brother.

Absolutely.......

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

+1... :grouphug:

Amen.

Thank you Grabber for being obedient to the promptings on your heart. We'll all need to realize that our time on earth is limited and God's desire for us is to use our time effectively...living with purpose... and Carroll has relfected that desire in his life. I will contuine praying for him daily...not only for healing but that others may be touched in a deeper way by his tranformed life and committment to God.

We know a lot of you have been thinking of and praying for Mr. Shelby. If you would like to send a card or a message I will make sure they make it to him.

You can send your message to

The Carroll Shelby Foundation

19021 South Figueroa

Gardena, CA 90248

or jenni@cscf.org

Thanks

Jenni

We know a lot of you have been thinking of and praying for Mr. Shelby. If you would like to send a card or a message I will make sure they make it to him.

You can send your message to

The Carroll Shelby Foundation

19021 South Figueroa

Gardena, CA 90248

or jenni@cscf.org

Thanks

Jenni

Thank you Jenni for reminding us that we can always communicate to Carroll thru the Foundation and that you will see that he receives the cards and well wishes!! Your committment to the Foundation and Carroll has really spoke volumes!

Archived