TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Still on top

Well, looks like Chevy once again is having difficulty delivering. I hate to see them struggle as they have been, but maybe they should be looking for pointers from the GT500 in order to get the ZL1 right.

http://www.autoweek....RNEWS/120309867

Yeah if I had one ordered I wouldn't be a happy camper for sure.

Well, looks like Chevy once again is having difficulty delivering. I hate to see them struggle as they have been, but maybe they should be looking for pointers from the GT500 in order to get the ZL1 right.

http://www.autoweek....RNEWS/120309867

Ehh the 2011 GT500 had similar delays. My original car had it's delivery delayed over 2 months due to issues with the frikin radio of all things.

I guess it's nice that they don't just ignore a problem that they find (mostly like some imports) but still, seeing that is kind of a pride hit. The Camaro and the Mustang were going to be leading the horsepower wars uninterrupted, but apparently the Camaro is going to be late.

Hopefully nothing like this occurs when the Mustang comes out.

....speaking of horsepower wars, where is Dodge? Is the Challenger ever going to respond, or did they just give up and say the Viper will have to be their competitor.

I think it is AWESOME that both Ford and GM don't do like in the old days. It used to be, they didn't give a crap and just shipped the cars anyway and let the customer suffer with fighting it out with the dealer in the warranty process. Holding the cars means the cars are still on GMs dime, and that costs a decent penny. BUT, its the right thing to do.

I had ordered a Solstice when they came out. Fun little car. Those were held for 2 months at the very begining of production because the supplier of the front nose piece got the contour wrong. When installed, it had a gap in one spot on each side. GM had to send back (or eat, I don't know) several hundred nose pieces and wait for them to change the molds and send proper ones. Honestly, I was surprised GM did it, as I saw photos of the screwed up nose. It sucked and needed to be changed, but in years past they would have shipped that sucker in a heartbeat!

Don't buy your Cars OFF the auctions and expect it to be Brand New and not abused..

If you knew anything about these cars you would be aware of the severe clutch/flywheel problems with the first generation models. There were more than a few owners who were forced to shoulder the cost of rectifying this problem out of pocket.

I feel kinda bad for Chevy cause they stopped production of the Volt which suppose to been their $45,000 money maker electric car but now suffering from the batteries catching fire after a low to mid impact accident. Now they have to deal with delays on their top of the line Camaro. There was so much positive information about their Camaro a while ago and now it seems they're stuck in a rut. I was really looking forward to seeing R&T or C&D making a video of the side by side comparisons of these two. My only piece of comfort here in Afghanistan hahaha.

If you knew anything about these cars you would be aware of the severe clutch/flywheel problems with the first generation models. There were more than a few owners who were forced to shoulder the cost of rectifying this problem out of pocket.

Ha-Ha.. :poke:

Archived