TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recaros

denohew

I pre-ordered my 2013 with Recaros. I have an 11 shelby and I like the seats that came with that car. My brother has a Boss and I am not so sure I like the Recaros. I am a big guy 38 waist and I feel a little constricted in them. I am not going to track the car and frankly I think the standard seats are more comfortable. Also it is harder to enter and exit the car with Recaros. I just called my Ford guy and told him to change the Recaro's to the standard seats. Am I making a mistake? I do like taking fast corners but mostly I am pretty conservative with my Shelby. Opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Denohew

Having had both the Recaro's and the stock seats, the Recaro's have better comfort over the long haul. I’m a big guy too and the Recaro's are the best seats that I have ever had in any car. I honestly would never buy one without them. I have put 9,000 miles on set of them in 9 months and could not imagine not having them. First impressions are not always wright especially with the Recaro's. The standard feels more comfortable at first but after you put some miles in the Recaro's that changes fast. You do not slide around all the time as the standard seats allows. The Recaro's put less stress on your body because they hold you in place. Because the standard seats do not hold you in place as well your body has to make up the difference while driving which results in fatigue on you. Believe me the second impressions are more important than the first in this case.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a big guy as well 6'-2" 280 42" waist. I love the seats but man they put a serious smoosh on your sack. With the thigh bolster you have to sit with your legs together and well enough said.. e-brake lever could have been in a better location as well. Doesn't help the cause. As far as being a mistake not getting recaros.. less options is never a good thing.

Recaros are the only way to go in my opinion. I sat in a standard seat Shelby and 30 seconds later a Boss with Recaros just to test the difference before giving my dealer the green light on what to look for. It seemed to me as though the standard seat bottom was shorter front to back and the last 6" of my thigh was unsupported. The other thing I didn't like was the headrest coming too far forward hitting me in the back of the head. Conversely the Recaros fit my torso like a glove and came all the way to the bend in my knee. The seat back came up high and would provide better support if rear ended. Recaros are one of my favorite things about the car. They look great just looking in the window and set even better. I am 6' and 215 with about a 38" waist. It's as if they were made for someone just my size.

LMAO, yeah you gotta get the recaro's and deal with it. It's like highschool all the cool kids got 'em.

Lose weight.

Seriously. If you can't get the best seats because you are too fat - lose weight while waiting for your car to be built.

LMAO, yeah you gotta get the recaro's and deal with it. It's like highschool all the cool kids got 'em.

Haha. Not hating on anyone, I used to be a fatty. I got tired of having to sacrifice because of my gut. If you have to select car options based on your girth, it's time for some soul searching! =)

Since I am the only one complaining about it cramping "my style". I just bought one of those stripper thongs. Looks like I am packing a grapefruit but its better than sitting on'em High and tight!, Now my wife gets confused she doesnt know if we taking the car out for a spin or if I'am going to take her for a ride. It's complicated

I was just making a joke. Recaros hug you like a glove just like Jaz or any others. Great addition to the car! Although now that I think about it ....

:doh: TMI..........but hilarious! :hysterical:

I've had the standard seats in my 2011 and Recaros in my 2012. There's no question I prefer the Recaros overall despite being manual. They at least have mechanically-repeatable positioning which the electric seats don't have since they inexplicably lack programmable positioning.

" I love the seats but man they put a serious smoosh on your sack...... "

ROTFLMAO!

Ohhhh, MAN. I think I just pissed myself <LOL>

Good one,

Phill

Archived