TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gauge Pod Installation

Elgin Black

i am considering ordering the Gauge pod kit for my 2007 SGT/SC. Has anyone done the install themself? If so, any tips or advice. It looks like the fuel pressure connection could be a bear.

I bought the pre-wired version and did the install myself and it was pretty easy - hardest part for me was wriggling under the dash and digging around for the proper wire(s) to connect! No problem with either the fuel pressure, oil pressure, and boost connections. The instructions are good and straight forward. Make sure you order the correct gauge pack and accessories, i.e., supercharged versus normally aspirated.

See page two of this thread: http://www.teamshelb...__1#entry978832

Sam

Thanks Sam. I ordered the prewired SC kit along with the SC oil pressure adapter today. Did you have any problems with the fuel pressure adapter as far as clearance with the cold air intake tube? Or am I looking at the wrong picture?

Thanks Sam. I ordered the prewired SC kit along with the SC oil pressure adapter today. Did you have any problems with the fuel pressure adapter as far as clearance with the cold air intake tube? Or am I looking at the wrong picture?

No, no issues, but then again, I installed a Edelbrock E-force S/C - the Kenne Bell / Whipple install may be different!

Sam

I talked to Jer and he was world of help. There is a issue with the Whipple supercharger as far as clearance with the cai. It seems as though you either have to purchase an adapter from Whipple or change the fuel rails out for ones that have a port on the end for the fuel gauge sending unit to screw into. The adapter($180) is the easiest way to go but the fuel rails look the best($300+)from Shelby. Decision time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have everthing installed except for the oil gauge line from the filter housing to the oil manifold. For whatever reason I couldn't get the lines threads started into the filter housing. I may need to put the car on a lift so I can get at the right angle to start the threads. Anyone else have a problem with this?

I have everthing installed except for the oil gauge line from the filter housing to the oil manifold. For whatever reason I couldn't get the lines threads started into the filter housing. I may need to put the car on a lift so I can get at the right angle to start the threads. Anyone else have a problem with this?

I did mine with jack stands without much difficulty, (except SAI forgot/doesn't supp/y the bolt to attach the manifold to the engine block!) - and yes, make sure you're at the proper angle or else you will cross-thread the line!

Sam

I put the car on a friends lift and had the oil line installed in less than 10 minutes. I to had to go and get some bolts to install the oil manifold to the block. Job is complete and all gauges work.

Archived