TEAM SHELBY FORUM

M2007-FR3SVT Handling Package

After receiving my 07SS0079 and driving it a little, I found that the dampers were set a little to firm and not finding any paperwork to tell me anything on settings, I started the email investigation. Shelby American was kind enough to point me in the direction of Ford Racing who in turn sent me to Tokico/Multimatic. Below is the info from Multimatic. If you don't have the adjuster tool a 3mm allen key will do.

Viewed from the top of the strut (ie from under the hood) screwing the adjuster all the way into the shaft (increasing damping force), there is a positive stop. This requires clock-wise rotation of the adjuster. When adjusted to the positive stop the damping force will be at its maximum level.

Backing the adjuster out from the full-in position by rotating the adjuster counter-clockwise when viewed from above will reduce the damping force. There is no positive stop for the adjuster in the 'soft' direction (ie unscrewing from the shaft, and the adjuster screw can be backed right out of the shaft but there is no reason to do so. If you do back the adjuster right out, the only risk is losing the screw, no ill effects to the damper internals will result.

The 'full soft' damping force position is achieved with the adjuster backed out 6 turns from the full stiff position. It is unlikely that you would want to run your car that soft and my preference for general road driving was with both front and rear dampers set to around 3 turns out from full stiff. Your preference may differ from mine, of course!

Viewed from the top of the strut (ie from under the hood) screwing the adjuster all the way into the shaft (increasing damping force), there is a positive stop. This requires clock-wise rotation of the adjuster. When adjusted to the positive stop the damping force will be at its maximum level.

Backing the adjuster out from the full-in position by rotating the adjuster counter-clockwise when viewed from above will reduce the damping force. There is no positive stop for the adjuster in the 'soft' direction (ie unscrewing from the shaft, and the adjuster screw can be backed right out of the shaft but there is no reason to do so. If you do back the adjuster right out, the only risk is losing the screw, no ill effects to the damper internals will result.

The 'full soft' damping force position is achieved with the adjuster backed out 6 turns from the full stiff position. It is unlikely that you would want to run your car that soft and my preference for general road driving was with both front and rear dampers set to around 3 turns out from full stiff. Your preference may differ from mine, of course!

Your font size was tiny and I couldn't see it. I fixed it for you.

Phill

Thank you Phil, I also went back and adjusted the original.

I have the instruction sheet for that kit from Ford Racing if you need it. I have it in hard copy but can scan it into a PDF file and post it. It says the same thing and incluedes a bunch more on intallation so it's a little long just for the adjustment method.

But just in case....

Phill

Archived