TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quantum Performance?

07SGT0546

Hello all, I am coming back from having been stationed overseas for about 3 years. Looking at doing the SGT/SC upgrade. My car has been stored in Dallas, and my understanding is that Quantum Performance in Farmers Branch is an authorized mod shop, i.e. they can do the modification and it will be registered with SAI. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of a website for Quantum Performance. Anyone from the area that can vouch for them?

I am thinking of going with the Whipple. Also looking at going with the CS69 wheels and some different rubber....car has been sitting around for about 3 years so probably want new tires anyway.

Any suggestions et.al. welcome.

Looking forward to getting back and taking a long drive.

Welcome back home! Thanks for serving & protecting the rest of us!

Quantum did the SuperSnake upgrade & other mods to my 07 GT500 'vert. Personally, I have not used another shop in MetroPlex area. My brother- also a former Quantum customer- took his 08 Shelby GT500 to 21st Century last week. He had uca/headers/exhausts/dyno tune done there & picked his car up yesterday. I'm thinking he slept with a grin! LOL! He was very impressed with 21st Century's management, shop, communications, quality, etc. They are not a Shelby Licensed Mod Shop. Quantum was. Your domestic choices are: Tasca in N.E. or Shelby- Vegas.

Have you read about the 2013 GT500? It should be a beast from the showroom!!

Again, glad you are home! God Bless you!!

Quantum is history and closed down. I sent my convertible to Las Vegas for the conversion, which is what I'd recommend. Go with the Whipple kit for the best "bang for the buck." Also, the CS 69 wheels were my choice too and they work with the larger brake set-ups. Two additional mods that I would recommend also - the Shelby Extreme brakes for the front and the Revan/Shelby heat exchanger for the Whipple. The larger heat exchanger makes for more power here in Texas with the summer heat. The brakes are must with the additional power.

After much research and conversations with those "in the know," I ended up with the Nitto Invo tires which offer decent traction on both wet and dry pavement.

If you want to test ride in a GT/SC, email me sometime and I'll take you out for a spin in mine. jacejfp@aol.com

jP

Welcome home Vegas is the way to go ,you will love the whipple,its a BLAST, might want to think about clutch upgrade.

Yes the clutch too - I forgot to mention that in my earlier post. A twin disc clutch is definitely a plus for these cars.

Archived