TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Working with Jaeger Brothers for 2010+ Shelby front splash gaurds

Ecrissman

After seeing this thread a while back I contacted Jaeger Brothers and had them do some of these with the GT500 side stripe logo and Shelby American logo. Feel free to take a look and let me know what you think.

2010+ Shelby GT500 Stone Guard

2010+ Shelby American Stone Guard

God johnathane why didn't you do this 2 weeks ago when I bought these???

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me personally I wish I didn't need front or rear splash guards in the first place. I wouldn't want to draw any attention to them.

They acutally look pretty inconspicuous (spelling?) when on the car plus it's a very simple and quick thing to put on and take off. Depending on the state of your tools you could probably spend more time looking for a flat head screwdriver then actually putting them on.

Plus once you get to a car show you can easily pull them off to not distract from the lines of the car if you like.

After seeing this thread a while back I contacted Jaeger Brothers and had them do some of these with the GT500 side stripe logo and Shelby American logo. Feel free to take a look and let me know what you think.

2010+ Shelby GT500 Stone Guard

2010+ Shelby American Stone Guard

Yep, I saw these on my Facebook page this morning. I didn't realize they had the logo on them though (can't see it in the pic). l was going to add these to my shopping list but after svt13 inquired about my Roush side splitters keeping rocks at bay, I went out and closely inspected my rockers for chips. NONE, so I'm not so sure I need these now.

I suppose the term, "they can't hurt" comes into play....

Phill

Yep, I saw these on my Facebook page this morning. I didn't realize they had the logo on them though (can't see it in the pic). l was going to add these to my shopping list but after svt13 inquired about my Roush side splitters keeping rocks at bay, I went out and closely inspected my rockers for chips. NONE, so I'm not so sure I need these now.

I suppose the term, "they can't hurt" comes into play....

Phill

Check under the splitters to see if those have chips. If they do then they are keeping the rocks at bay because they are hitting your splitters intead :). Though I still would want all the protection I could get since I'll be putting CF rockers but then I have to drill in them apparently to put the roush side splitters (makes me nervous).

but then I have to drill in them apparently to put the roush side splitters (makes me nervous).

Umm, no. The splitters use the same holes as the rockers. Roush gives you longer push pins so when you take out your origianal ones, you have a extra set.

And someone makes CF side splitters if you want them to match. I think it was JLT who was selling them. WARNING: They ain't cheap.

He was also selling the REAR side splitters that just showed up on the Roush site. I plan to get a set after seeing a '13 Roush Stage 3 with a set on it. They match the front/side splitters real well.

Phill

Umm, no. The splitters use the same holes as the rockers. Roush gives you longer push pins so when you take out your origianal ones, you have a extra set.

And someone makes CF side splitters if you want them to match. I think it was JLT who was selling them. WARNING: They ain't cheap.

He was also selling the REAR side splitters that just showed up on the Roush site. I plan to get a set after seeing a '13 Roush Stage 3 with a set on it. They match the front/side splitters real well.

Phill

I read on the instructions there is drilling? You didn't drill anything? I read you had to use 3m tape and some push pins but you had to drill holes for the push pins. JLT sells trufiber stuff. That stuff is bad. I got some custom ones being made by raceskinz now :). No vietnman crap on my car. They do have roush CF side splitters which idk if I want those or just get the roush ones and paint them black to match my car. But again I don't know how black, CF, then black again would look. I just really don't want to get that poorly made vietnam stuff.

I read on the instructions there is drilling? You didn't drill anything? I read you had to use 3m tape and some push pins but you had to drill holes for the push pins.

I don't remember having to drill anything. I'll double check when I look under my car for those pics of the rear control arms.

The Roush side splitters come with the 3-M tape already applied and a bag of longer push-pins.

I'll check on the drilling question but I have league bowling this eve. so I can't play in the garage or I won't be able to bowl too (WAY BAD back problems).

I'll get under it tomorrow.

Phill

Edit: Nevermind, I just order the SPP ones for the front and rear. I had to try something.

The 255s on the front of my GTS are picking up rocks and hitting my lower side stripes.

Do these actually cure such problem?

That was fast, they arrived this morning.

Can you get a better pic of the shelby logo than is on the SPP site? I can't see it in their pic.

TIA,

Phill

It's an impression in the material. Very hard to see even in person.

Let me see if I it will appear in a photo.

I will have to back it out of the garage, they are already installed.

It says Shelby and has a snake.

The picture at SPP is about like mine.

It's hard to know it's there even in better light.

Which is fine by me.

Snake with the words Shelby American.

Logo.jpg

I just installed the SPP GT500 ones on my 2010 and only took 5 mins each side. No drilling and just pop out the pin, push the new ones on and put the pins back in. I think they look great and arent noticeable unless you know what "wasnt" there to begin with. Havent had the car on the road yet but like 2010 Kona Blue GT says "they couldnt hurt". I would recommend them to anyone and couldnt be easier to put on.

• 2 months later...

Is anyone discounting the splash guards?

I would call and ask them at Jaeger Brothers, really good guys to work with. If they will do a "holiday" discount please report back so others can take advantage of the savings.

You will be amazed when you look at the guards how many impacts they saved. I have only put about 300 miles of fair weather "Sunday driving" on mine and when cleaning you can just see all the impacts. All the marks just wipe off BTW.

I would call and ask them at Jaeger Brothers, really good guys to work with. If they will do a "holiday" discount please report back so others can take advantage of the savings.

I called Jaeger Bros about a holiday sale and they said there would not be one. There main business is manufacturer/distributor and althought they have a website that sales to retail customers, it is more as a convenence for us the end user. I tried to find a lower out the door price for a pair of the 2013 front splash guards, but Jaeger Bros beat them all and without an additional discount.

If anyone can find a better deal, let us know.

Ecrissman,

John says Hi and thanks for your help.

I called Jaeger Bros about a holiday sale and they said there would not be one. There main business is manufacturer/distributor and althought they have a website that sales to retail customers, it is more as a convenence for us the end user. I tried to find a lower out the door price for a pair of the 2013 front splash guards, but Jaeger Bros beat them all and without an additional discount.

If anyone can find a better deal, let us know.

Well it was worth the phone call, I would doubt you would find a better deal than manufacture direct. Buy them you won't regret the purchase.

Ecrissman,

Jonathan says Hi and thanks for your help.

Thats cool, I am suprised he even remembered me.

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. I installed them after washing the car this morning. The process took about 10 minutes, for both sides. As Snoopy49 discovered, Jaeger Brothers (direct) pricing can't be beat. Shipment was FAST. Installation was a snap, and, the Stone Guards look almost factory-installed (i.e., great).

Bottom line: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Ordered mine today! I have a stripe delete black gt500 and previously had clear bra on the lower door from the crease line down which has protected the paint. However, the rocker panel is still getting sandblasted by the Goodyear g2s so looking forward to putting these on.

• 1 month later...

Archived