TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Working with Jaeger Brothers for 2010+ Shelby front splash gaurds

Ecrissman

Breaker Breaker 1-9 can I get a lame check please? 10-4. Yeah I know splash guards fancy name for mud flaps. But like anything else to each their own rock chips. Anyway I called Jaeger up to see if they were working on anything for the new Shelby cars maybe something that mimicked the factory rear splash guards. If your not familiar with Jaeger Brothers the manufacture splash guards, unique splash guards. For example on the Shelby the front splash guards will use a rubber clip on the bottom and side that grip the plastic rocker trim and the side of the fender lip on the side of the vehicle. The guard utilizes the two factory push clips to hold it into place. You can put on and completely remove both sides in less than a minute per side. Here is a pair of front splash guards on my car and I wanted your opinion on what they look like, are they to big or two small and what improvements you think would make them better. They are not available to buy yet and your feedback may influence the finaly product. Right now they are almost a exact copy of the rear splash guards only smaller. The improvement of removing them or not to install them isn’t one of the questions. :hysterical3:

jaeger0393.jpg

jaeger0394.jpg

jaeger0396.jpg

jaeger03911.jpg

jaeger03912.jpg

jaeger03913.jpg

jaeger03914.jpg

Rear Splash jaeger03915.jpg

jaeger03922.jpg

jaeger03921.jpg

jaeger03920.jpg

jaeger03918.jpg

flex065.jpg

If I didn't get an angle that you wanted to see please let me know.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do not look bad and mimic the rears quite well. I know every time I drive my car I cringe as it sounds like rocks,sand ETC are hitting the car. I think on a black car such as mine they would hide just a bit better than other colors ?

My overall opinion, they look good because they blend in well. Most people probably will never notice them. Now for the constructive criticism. I believe they would look and fit better if they were mounted behind the rocker molding rather than over it. I assume your using the OEM hardware and holes anyways. Other than that, I think you nailed it and may be interested in a pair myself.

They use exsisting hardware and could easily be removed if you just wanted to use them during a car cruise or traveling to a show. Honestly other than starting this thread I dont even see them when I look at the car. It's 100% more protection than nothing at all.

Jaeger doesn't make them for our cars, the 2005-2009 will fit but don't look the same. No one but me has this exact same design... because they don't make them yet and may never make them if there isn't any interest. The 2005-2009 are rectangle gaurds that don't copy the body lines or factory rear gaurds, at least to me when I saw them. Thats why I was talking to Tim in manufacturing to see if they could come up with something that looked better. The 2005-2009 will give way more protection and are almost twice the size as the ones on my car. I have a pair of 2005-2009 to use if I messed up making templates.

jaeger03914.jpg

jaeger0393.jpg

post-35695-0-26373900-1330905240_thumb.jpg

post-35695-0-58541700-1330905252_thumb.jpg

post-35695-0-35619400-1330905266_thumb.jpg

post-35695-0-26373900-1330905240_thumb.jpg

post-35695-0-58541700-1330905252_thumb.jpg

post-35695-0-35619400-1330905266_thumb.jpg

I looked closer at your photos, Im sorry I just wasnt getting it. There is a difference between the 2009 ones I have and your prototype. However, I live in Nebraska and even on the best of roads we have little rocks so I am very cool with mine. I appreciate your quest to make them perfect but I wont be changing mine out.

I have the 2007 - 2009 Jager Brother guards on my car and am very pleased with them...although I can see why other's would prefer the prototypes you have posted. Keep us apprized on developments. For what it is worth, attached is a picture of mine on the car...worth the protection IMO regardless of what syle folks choose to go with.

~VIto

post-30797-0-98461700-1330917681_thumb.jpg

post-30797-0-98461700-1330917681_thumb.jpg

I have the 2007 - 2009 Jager Brother guards on my car and am very pleased with them...although I can see why other's would prefer the prototypes you have posted. Keep us apprized on developments. For what it is worth, attached is a picture of mine on the car...worth the protection IMO regardless of what syle folks choose to go with.

~VIto

If you want the most protection, without a doubt the standard size gaurd is the way to go. I bet you dont have a single chip with those.

I am going to get with Tim this week. I traced a template of them, I figured if they decide not to make them I'll have a copy of the template I could scan and send to people who want to trim the 05-09 mustang guards to match :rockon:

I am going to get with Tim this week. I traced a template of them, I figured if they decide not to make them I'll have a copy of the template I could scan and send to people who want to trim the 05-09 mustang guards to match :rockon:

That would work too, thanks!

I bet you dont have a single chip with those.

Not a single one!...thankfully.

One thing if I may add and not hijack your thread - THEY ARE A SINCH to install and remove. So if anyone is on the cusp, get the set from Jager Bros. If you do not want them on when at a meet or show, simply take them off. I installed both of mine in less than 5 minutes! Thank for taking the time doing all this legwork for the folks on this forum.

~Vito

Ok I have spoke with Jon (I know I incorrectly called him Tim in previous posts) he has the pictures. We alked about some minor mounting hole changes that could be made, and the overall design. I do need to drag the scanner out and send him the actual template. As far as looks you really dont even see them they blend nicely. I will update as soon as I hear back from him.

From my last conversation with Jaeger Brothers it seems they will produce the splash guards. He gave me an approx time frame of 2 weeks. I would imagine dropping by their site and dropping them a quick message may help move things along even quicker.

Archived