TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FR-3 Pack for 2013

Madlock

I wonder how the FR-3 handing pack will differ for 2013 from previous generations given the adjustable dampers that are now integrated into the electronics, especially in terms of bars and springs that favor performance, but also work well with the adjustable ride in EITHER mode.

I wonder how the FR-3 handing pack will differ for 2013 from previous generations given the adjustable dampers that are now integrated into the electronics, especially in terms of bars and springs that favor performance, but also work well with the adjustable ride in EITHER mode.

If by "electronics" you mean the car's computer the dampers are not integrated in the vehicle's electronics. The Bilstine electronically controlled dampers are controlled by a stand alone Billstine module calibrated to preset settings specifically for the GT500 by Ford engineers. There will be two modes sport and comfort.

Lowering the car should be interesting.

A set of springs will lower the car. You don't need to change shocks to lower it.

But the front end geometry may change which is why I asked about dropped spindles....

Phill

If by "electronics" you mean the car's computer the dampers are not integrated in the vehicle's electronics. The Bilstine electronically controlled dampers are controlled by a stand alone Billstine module calibrated to preset settings specifically for the GT500 by Ford engineers. There will be two modes sport and comfort.

That's my understanging too. You can toggle between two modes, Sport and Comfort. Driver controlled. not computer controlled.

People seem to be confusing "Electronic" and "Electric" with each other.

Phill

Archived