TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shipping back take off parts

That is correct. As of January 1, 2012 we are no longer returning take off parts on any package. As mentioned above, while cost have risen, the packages have stayed pretty consistant over the last year and a half, while content and raw costs have increased.

Roger

That is correct. As of January 1, 2012 we are no longer returning take off parts on any package. As mentioned above, while cost have risen, the packages have stayed pretty consistant over the last year and a half, while content and raw costs have increased.

Roger

Not sure how I would feel about this if I was doing a supersnake package. I guess if you have the funds to pay for the supersnake upgrade you probably wouldn't care. To me I would want to keep every single part that ever came on my car but I am a hoarder.

Not sure how I would feel about this if I was doing a supersnake package. I guess if you have the funds to pay for the supersnake upgrade you probably wouldn't care. To me I would want to keep every single part that ever came on my car but I am a hoarder.

Same here.

• 4 weeks later...

We had our '07 done in '09 and my wife and I drove to Vegas in our long box pickup and were able to get everything in box and back seat even though we have a tonneau cover on it. The hood was the only thing that wouldn't fit because Shelby had already boxed it separately and was too large. Probably would have fit if I had no cover or conventional shell. Cost to ship with insurance was $300. I drove pickup home and my wife drove her new SS home.

Just to add to this thread, my Supersnake is done and on the truck headed home as of today 4/6. Tom from Reliable carriers quoted me a price of $200 to bring the pallet back with the car. This is everything except the hood as I removed it before shipping the car off to Shelby.

That is correct. As of January 1, 2012 we are no longer returning take off parts on any package. As mentioned above, while cost have risen, the packages have stayed pretty consistant over the last year and a half, while content and raw costs have increased. Roger

Just to be clear, if I were to get the SC package on my GT-H, I would not get any of the original parts back? Is this correct Roger?

QSS

• 2 years later...

No way, mine was done for free…I established the deal before hand(2010) to ship the take-off parts(brakes, suspension, blower, trim) in the back of the car while in transport. I removed the hood, back tires(shipped with doughnuts), exhaust, and sway bars before hand…and test fit the front tires in the backseats! Obviously the Klowns didn't do it and it cost them to ship the parts to me that I had originally paid for…Hmmm. Take off parts for sale…Why? do it your self and keep them for another project.

08SS0350

Archived