TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alocas - what is a reasonible price to pay?

NMAv

• 1 month later...

Thanks.

Followup question. I currently have the SVT package on my 2011 so it is 20's in back, 19s in front. Alcoa's come 18 and 20. Should I get 20s all around or 18 front, 20 rear?

I would get the same size all around, if for no other reason than the different look of the Alcoa 18s and 20s. Alcoa 18s in front and 20s in the back would not really look good in my opinion.

In addition, the Alcoa 18s are the KR wheels and are even more difficult to find, as Shelby only sells those to actual KR owners, and requires proof of ownership. If you can find Alcoa 18s, they will probably be even more expensive than the 20s.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The title says it all ....

Have you seen the replacements for the Alcoa wheels? Shelby just posted pics on their Facebook page.

483181_10150994113342781_1581059959_n.jpg

All I will say is, I'm REALLY glad I bought my set of Alcoa SS wheels now!

Phill

Ho hum. Boring AND ugly.

Steve

LMAO...Like I said, "I'm REALLY glad I bought my set of Alcoa SS wheels now!"

Phill

Those are ugly. They also look like wheels you would buy at Pep Boys. Sorry but wow!

OP- fair price is what you are willing to pay. There is no fair price considering they where sold new for about 400 a wheel and now people are getting 1000 a wheel. It is all about how bad you want them and what you can afford.

Are those really the new Supersnake wheels??? Jeez it says Shelby & Supersnake on them so I guess they really are. What a god awful dissappointment those are. Man those are FUGLY. Looks like they should be on a Mitsubishi Galant!

They look like something that I would expect to see on a factory Dodge Magnum!

THAT'S where I've seen those wheels. Well, not exactly those ones but they sure do look a LOT like 'em.

Phill

Geez, I would think that SA would ask everyones opinion or take a poll before going into production with these.

All I can hope for is that this is the worst picture we will ever see of these wheels and that they look WAAYYY better in person!

This may impact sales more that the whole black only striping issue!

What a disappointment!!! (of course that's just my humble opinion).

• 3 weeks later...

While we working the Shelby Booth at the NY Auto Show my son was talking to a guy who when he found out we had a brand new boxed set of Alcoas sitting in my basement with center caps offered him 4k for the set, we politely declined. Supply and demand for sure but glad I have them when I look at the replacement.

Archived