TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Driver visor

The factory was no help so I am planning on buying a new spare from the Ford dealer and measureing, cutting and gluing. A used one isn't too feasible as the model series is fairly new and it would have to come from a totalled GT. I will post the results of the effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved. It turned out the the crease at the corner of the visor was faulty (not fully scored). With some extra scoring with a butter knife and encouragement by gently rocking the edge back and forth, I got the visor to work as intended and it clears the gauge pod without problems.

Problem solved. It turned out the the crease at the corner of the visor was faulty (not fully scored). With some extra scoring with a butter knife and encouragement by gently rocking the edge back and forth, I got the visor to work as intended and it clears the gauge pod without problems.

Hawaiian field engineering at its finest...

Getting a Ford approved butter knife was impossible. Not even Snap-On Tools had the correct item. So I had to raid the kitchen, then sneak it back. Hope the wife doesn't check this message.

B)

Archived