TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amy's KR relisted on ebay for 85k....

still surpised they dont clean up the description, its very annoying with the huge letters....very unprofessional in my opinion

i asked one of the threads to be closed due to some certain comments

no problem 08....just thought the relisting would be of interest.

Hopefully there wont be any personal comments....just about the car.

Wouldn't it make more sense to wash the car, relist starting at around 40 grand and let the bidding take it to where current market value is for this particular vehicle. Attempting to force a price level is not going to work.

"Super Snake carbon fiber side skirts"?

Didn't ALL GT500KR's come with Plasan carbon fiber side skirts (rockers)?

EDIT: Upon thinking about it, I think Plasan supplied the front splitter, the hood and the mirror caps. Not the CF rockers, which are readily available to the General Public (GP) now.

Phill

"Super Snake carbon fiber side skirts"?

Didn't ALL GT500KR's come with Plasan carbon fiber side skirts (rockers)?

EDIT: Upon thinking about it, I think Plasan supplied the front splitter, the hood and the mirror caps. Not the CF rockers, which are readily available to the General Public (GP) now.

Phill

nope on the rocker panels

Wouldn't it make more sense to wash the car, relist starting at around 40 grand and let the bidding take it to where current market value is for this particular vehicle. Attempting to force a price level is not going to work.

+1 It is a very cool car however, especially considering Roberts explanation of the build at Ford.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me check my bank account and see if I have that much just laying around........

Nope.......

It would have been much better if it was cleaned up. It looks like it needs a good buffer gone over it. If they would have taken more time to arrnge the stuff in the trunk better and have better pictures, it might get more towards the $60K mark. I just think $85K is way too much for this car at this point in time. Maybe in a few years down the road it might be worth more but not now.

What's it really worth? I say someone would buy it for about 65.

The *only* "claim to fame" it has is, it belongs to the EX President of Shelby American.

Not to the CURRENT President...Not to Carroll Shelby himself...But to the EX PRESIDENT of Shelby American.

I don't know why *anyone* would pay a premium for that car, especially in light of the poorly kept condition it is in.

I surely don't think a hood full of signatures makes it any more valuable than a blank hood either.

JMHO,

Phill

I would say the hood is more valuable IT was signed by the entire build team and Ford exec's as well as Carroll!! The history of the carshould of made it hold its value, BUT the condition its in has nullified its uniqueness detracting from its real value.

What's it really worth? I say someone would buy it for about 65.
There's a serious buyer for that car, out there somewhere... He'll probably deal directly, so no need to list it again. It is a special KR, and that car with its signed hood would be cool, in my garage. That could be the king (or queen) of all the KRs. Sadly, no spare $$$ right now.

The *only* "claim to fame" it has is, it belongs to the EX President of Shelby American.

Not to the CURRENT President...Not to Carroll Shelby himself...But to the EX PRESIDENT of Shelby American.

I don't know why *anyone* would pay a premium for that car, especially in light of the poorly kept condition it is in.

I surely don't think a hood full of signatures makes it any more valuable than a blank hood either.

JMHO,

Phill

Agree 100%

Hmmm... It's got the KR sill plates, carbon rockers, prototype NAV system, CS signed dash, big brake kits, and the hood signed by the whole crew. It's also got a very low production #, lucky/unlucky 13.

The car is dirty, but still has more history behind it, than most other KRs. Personally, I couldn't care that Amy owned the car, but the whole crew having signed the hood for her, is pretty cool. I don't see the car going for the big $, but it still should be a desireable KR.

• 1 month later...

High bid $60,000 no sale....

Better luck next time.

http://www.mecum.com...D=SC0512-125932

At least they detailed it this time!

That's probably a realistic price for the car ($60K).

Phill

Archived