TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500M, Rental, RARE, 1 of 1

Cali_KR

Yes, boy and girls...Here it is!!! A RARE 1 of 1 GT500M (M stands for Midway Rental Car) :hysterical2:

On my way to the San Diego airport late today, I happened upon this sight, and snapped a pic of this Red SVTPP GT500 at a rental car place called Midway.

Certainly cool that you can actually get one of these to rent. Place was closed when I drove by otherwise I would've asked what the rates were, and I cannot seem to find the rate on their website, although, they do list the car on their menu. They had a number of speciality cars (Euro) on their lot.

Rental.jpg

sign.jpg

GT500 for rent!!! this is something new ..but its shows that GT500 one of this dreams cars that you can test drive it by rent it if you cant buy it ....but its hard to stay there i mean GT500 its not that easy drive cars ,if someone rent it to drive it for the first you know what can happen :drop:

But I think its maybe a test to see how is GT500 do in rent cars market.

I want to be there when the Renter is filling out the Paper Work and the person asks "Would you like to get the Insurance?" Imagine the Renter, looking up at the Person with out raising His Head and saying in a low tone......."Oh yeah, I'm going to need that"....... :hysterical2:

The rental companies make their money when you wreck the car. They can charge you for the down time and the inflated price of the repairs.

Heck I would think the rental company would rent the car for $100 for the 1st day and $500 for everyday after that. The "renter" (a non-Shelby driver) might wreck the car within the 1st few hours and then pay $500 a day plus repairs for weeks till it's back on the road. :fear:

• 3 weeks later...

When I was living in Hawaii ('94-97), there was a place in Waikiki that rented everything from a '32-ish Ford street rod to a Lamborgini Diablo. I always wanted to rent that Diablo, but at 1100 bucks a day, I decided against it.

That rental rip off is still there with rotating inventories of everything from pink 1963 Caddy convertible to 2010 Viper. No Shelby cars though. Most popular for years had been thered 308 GT Ferrari for all the Thomas Magnum, P.I. wanna bees. Most of the rentals are pretty well worn out and poorly maintained. I am surprised that they never picked up a used GT500 convertible to rent.

Yea, that is kinda strange. I don't remember there being any Mustangs or Camaros when I was there, but I really wasn't interested in the new ones at that time so I wasn't looking. I do remember a Viper and Vette, which I think was a ZR-1.

But that Diablo sticks in my mind. Firt time I had evet heard a Lambo, and I wasn't expecting it to sound so mean.

There's a 2011 SVTPP GT500 (gray w/ red stripes) at a rental car place in Santa Monica near 3rd street. I believe the price is $350 a day and it includes 500 miles

500 Miles a Day? Thats it? Heck, i can put that many Miles on it in the Parking Lot and not go anywhere. can you say Burn Out Contest? :hysterical2:

• 7 months later...

My Range Rover was in the shop for a new transmission and decided this was the perfect time to rent the 2012 GT500 from Midway Car Rental in San Diego. I know it's not the 2013 but boy oh boy...this thing is FUN!!! I will complain that when I got the car...the tires were pretty shot...so I really couldn't get much traction down for hard launches! The good part...I paid $175 per day which is not too bad for such a beast. After driving the shelby I am really considering trading in my Range Rover for a new 2013 Shelby! Here are some shots I took....Cheers!

561845_10102072590463927_460869854_n_zps350364c6.jpg

552287_10102072591696457_2068016052_n_zpsbb5f3a6b.jpg

553969_10102072592759327_1143174811_n_zps59e1b825.jpg

My Range Rover was in the shop for a new transmission and decided this was the perfect time to rent the 2012 GT500 from Midway Car Rental in San Diego. I know it's not the 2013 but boy oh boy...this thing is FUN!!! I will complain that when I got the car...the tires were pretty shot...so I really couldn't get much traction down for hard launches! The good part...I paid $175 per day which is not too bad for such a beast. After driving the shelby I am really considering trading in my Range Rover for a new 2013 Shelby! Here are some shots I took....Cheers!

561845_10102072590463927_460869854_n_zps350364c6.jpg

552287_10102072591696457_2068016052_n_zpsbb5f3a6b.jpg

553969_10102072592759327_1143174811_n_zps59e1b825.jpg

Welcome to TS,

Cool you rented that car and found my post here for your first post.

We've had a Range Rover HSE too, and they are great for what they are, but go ahead, trade it, I promise you won't miss it.

They don't happen to have a red convertible, do they?

Unfortunately, I don't think they do. I believe they only have the 2012 red/white stripes coupe available. I would love to test out the 2013! One thing is for sure...after driving it for two days...I went through two full tanks of gas! LOL! Addicting to say the least....but extremely fun and way too easy to get into trouble with the law haha.

Welcome to TS,

Cool you rented that car and found my post here for your first post.

We've had a Range Rover HSE too, and they are great for what they are, but go ahead, trade it, I promise you won't miss it.

Appreciate the welcome :D

Cheers

I wonder how successful a business would be if they had a few cool Cars like a Shelby GT 500 Super Snake, a Lamborghini and a Ferrari on hand to take People to and from the Airport. Charge them a $100.00 Fee for the Service. You do that 3 to 5 times a day you could average $9,000.00 to $15,000.00 a Month.

I appreciate all the kinds words. Currently I have two Range Rovers: 1) 2008 Full-Size Supercharged 2) 2001 4.6HSE P38 with a 2" lift and 32" BFG KM2 mud terrain tires. I am glad that I purchased the extended warranty for my 2008 (when new) back in 2007 because after ONLY 47,000 miles...my freaking transfer case and transmission are caput! Anyways...I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the Shelby GT500's...I am really considering trading in the Rover early to mid next year when the 2014's come out and finally have some fun! I guess it helps that I don't have kids yet...not married yet either...but will have to convince my fiance hahaha. She wants to buy a house which is understandable...but I always ask her...why not both?

Cheers

Is this guy for real or it the whole story a joke?

It's a joke :hysterical:

Archived