TEAM SHELBY FORUM

upgrading Stereo

39Mustang

My 08 Shelby GT came w/ the factor Shaker 500 system but the radio itself had an internal malfunction and died well thats the rated G version. I am upgrading the head unti to a Kenwood GPS unit and while at it I might as well install much better speakers and I do not have access to my car at this very moment so can anyone tell me what the speakers are and size in the Door's? I know the rear deck are 6x8's but not sure on the door? And in the door is it a seperate Tweeter and what size is it?

The door speakers on my '05 are 6x8's - replaced the stockers with Infinity 6832cf's and the factory subs have made way for the Shelby Kicker ones. Along with the greater control afforded by an aftermarket HU the sound quality is infinitely better than stock - in fact after installing this set up in the CS I couldn't stand how bad the stock speakers were in my Escape so put the same infinity's in that too....both my vehicles have Kenwood double DIN HU's.

The door speakers on my '05 are 6x8's - replaced the stockers with Infinity 6832cf's and the factory subs have made way for the Shelby Kicker ones. Along with the greater control afforded by an aftermarket HU the sound quality is infinitely better than stock - in fact after installing this set up in the CS I couldn't stand how bad the stock speakers were in my Escape so put the same infinity's in that too....both my vehicles have Kenwood double DIN HU's.

so in the doors are 6x8's and not a plate speaker combo? what's in bottom speaker and what's in top?

so in the doors are 6x8's and not a plate speaker combo? what's in bottom speaker and what's in top?

Both the stockers and replacements have a tweeter mounted as part of the main speaker housing. The lower speakers are the subs (8" - not much for choice here so went with the Shelby Kickers) - the uppers are the mids & highs.

make sure its shelby authorized speakers !! or your value will go down

I doubt that installing a speaker upgrade that doesn't involve altering the structure of the vehicle would adversely affect the vehicles value in any way.

Here's what they look like,

P1020686_disp512.jpg

I made plates and went with Focal Three way's...

photoq_disp512.jpg

P1020691_disp512.jpg

Archived