TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New York / Long Island PhotoShoot Proposal

VitoScilla

Hello folks. Hope all is good and trust everyone is doing well. I just wanted to give a quick update on what hopefully will be a great turnout. If anyone can think of a unique location, please chime in.

I spoke with a photographer last week and she asked if we would have objections to the following:

1. 6 Glamour Shots of everyone’s car individually.

2. 1 Glamour Shot of the car with the owner.

3. Also, she will also walk the overall meet, taking candid shots of us talking shop.

4. As she comes across “items of interest” requiring her to go inside, under, or over the car, she would ask the owners first if it would be ok to sit inside, “hang over” go under body, etc.

5. If folks want to position cars in a certain way, do group shots, etc. she will do so with no issue either.

6. Finally, she will post everything on a “shared sight” for us to access and download whatever photos we choose to save for our own libraries…which I thought was nice since we will not be limited to “a package.”

Please note: She is working on giving me a price based on a showing of (minimum) 20 cars…give or take a few. I think this should be easily attainable given that our initial meet last year had as many (if not more) cars than 20. I know her for well over 12 years now. She has photographed my kids’ parties, Holidays, etc. with no issues whatsoever. I’m sure her price will be more than reasonable - I will get back to everyone once I hear from her.

The goal here is to simply enjoy a nice morning/afternoon and "document" a snake-pit of Shelbys...of course anyone is welcome to join us with whatever rides they choose to. I have interest from some folks outside this forum, but would like to know who is seriously interested so I can propose a few dates and location that work for all of us. Also - the amount of cars affect how much and what type of equipment is required by the photograoher to have on hand.

If the interest is low, then I am simply not going to “push the issue” further. The last thing I want is to waste anyone’s time and/or money…things we seem to have less of these days.

Thank you,

~Vito

I was thinking maybe Eisenhower Park...? I've hosted a few "meet and greets" at the Paparazzi Trattoria on Jericho Tpke off Glen Cove Rd, but was thinking something a bit more suitable/picturesque for this event. Eisenhower Park has a few spots/lots with decent backdrops...but what do I know? I'm no photographer by any stretch of the imagination. I've also tossed the idea in my head to do The Brooklyn Navy Yard. But the latter may require permission from NYC and might be a bit of a hike for most folks out East. That being said, I'm open to suggestions - so please fire away.

Thanks,

~Vito

Thanks for the suggestion jerseygator...I'm going to have to take a ride there and see what its like.

I am placing a call to the photographer this evening to see what her schedule is like come Late April / Early May. I'll keep everyone aprized on developments. The goal is to have a showing of at least 20 cars...although I think more than that will easily be achieved.

Aside from Zvair - who here is really interested?

Thanks again,

~Vito

Thank for the suggestion jerseygator...I'm going to have to take a ride there and see what its like.

I am placing a call to the photographer this evening to see what her schedule is like come Late April / Early May. I'll keep everyone aprized on developments. The goal is to have a showing of at least 20 cars...although I think more than that will easily be achieved.

Aside from Zvair - who here is really interested?

Thanks again,

~Vito

GW is 15 minutes from my house..........count me in!

Hello everyone.

Please take the time to read this and let me know what y’all think?

Proposed Date: Sunday – May 6, 2012

Proposed Rain Date: Sunday – June, 3, 2012

Time: 9:00am to whenever we get tired of each other.

Location: State Line – Exit 3 off Palisades Parkway http://www.njpalisad...looks.htm#State

After interest from our Jersey and Connecticut brothers and sisters, I looked into Fort Lee Park under the GW Bridge and spoke with someone at Palisades Interstate Park Commission. In short, permits are required to occupy the Fort Lee Park, and take photos. The reason for this is simple. They consider this a “group event” once the number of people exceed 25. The kicker in all of it – we may not be guaranteed a spot as everything is a still a “first come first serve basis.” I wasn’t too pleased, but he said this is the nature of the beast when it comes to historic sites and tourists.

Without going crazy and not having to go through a bunch of red tape, the gentlemen I spoke to will, for $200 have No Issue giving us a permit to secure (all for ourselves) a lot at the State Line overlooking NY. There will be access to restrooms and food since the rest stop is in the vicinity and within sight of our vehicles. The photo opportunities in his opinion at the State Line are much nicer and more suitable for what I described. We can occupy the lot however we choose. His suggestion was to line up all the cars on one side of the lot overlooking the border – there will be plenty of room in the lot for us to move cars around, position them, etc. I will take a ride there this weekend to scope it all out just to be sure and report my findings.

The restrictions he placed on the event I am not concerned with. They had to do with Vendor (merchandise) set-ups, Catering, Music, etc.

Cost: The photographer and I spoke yesterday and came to the following agreement: She will dedicate her entire day (if need be) to make sure the entire meet is covered. She will basically document the meet, take candid shots, still shots - including glamour shots of our cars individually, with the owners, in groups, etc. She said “you guys have me for the entire day to do whatever is you ask of me” – that is of course as it pertains to photography;) She will not place a “limit” on glamour shots…which was something she proposed in our first conversation. To quote her, “there WILL BE PLENTY of photos taken” – all in digital format. She will provide me with copies of all photos on discs for everyone with NO Copyright restrictions whatsoever. She will also host everything online - In other words, we can do as we choose through whatever vendor we choose…ie: Kodak, ImageShack, Photobucket, etc… Total cost for her services are $500….which of course we will divide by however many of us participate. Based on a showing of 20 cars, this comes out to $35 per car…it’s a freaking bargain if you ask me. Now, the only thing I have to figure out is how many folks will attend? I honestly believe a showing of 20 cars is no issue whatsoever. In fact, the more of a showing we have, the cheaper it is…economies of scale at its best!

For what it’s worth, our first meet last year was just a “meet and greet” at the Paparazi Trattoria on Jericho Tpk off Glen Cove Road in Long Island with a showing of 18 cars – See video attached. I personally like the ideas of the State Line on the Palisades Pkwy. For one, it gets us NY guys away from CapTree, Jones Beach, Bellmore, etc. Add to that, a cruise North on such a picturesque road during a nice day to meet some new folks – I am in.

Note: The photographer did not seem too worried about location. She told me to leave it up to her – she will make wherever we choose work. This is my first crack at something like this – and like I said earlier, the goal is to relax, have fun, make new friends, share our hobby, etc. I am hopeful for a good turnout.

Please let me know who is still seriously interested so we can all plan accordingly.

~Vito

This sounds like a great event and I will love to attend on May 6 but June 3 will not work for me (and I am sure for many others) in part of 50th Celebration East Carlisle, PA event.

Also, what would be the grand total? Is it ($2000 + $500)/#of attendees?

It would be also a nice ride up Palisades Parkway to Bear Mountain.

Zvair,

You are the 1st confirmation I received since I sent the info out last evening. And to answer your question: Yes the cost of this is $700 / #of cars. Based on 20 vehicles, it is $35... Based on 25 vehicles, it is $28...and so on.

I am giving this a few weeks to develop further - If I do not get confirmation (commitment via payment) from at least 20 participants by end of month, I am simply going to drop the whole plan. Please do not take this the wrong way, But I'm not here to waste anyone's time, nor do I want mine to be wasted either...I'm sure everyone can appreciate this. To be honest though, I have received interest from over 20 folks already…just need confirmation from everyone on date and location – I agree BTW with the Palisades being a nice drive.

I will of course reimburse folks 100% of their payment if we do not achieve the 20 vehicle goal by the end of the month. If the # of participants exceeds 20 by the time May 6th rolls around, I will reimburse everyone the difference the day of the event. In other words, if 25 participants attend and pay me $35, each will be reimbursed $7.

Does all this make sense folks? I will try to set up a "payment system" in the next few days through Paypal so all parties are protected.

Thank you,

~Vito

Picking up a little steam - would be nice to get at least 20 folks confirmed. Below is the updated list reflecting folks that have showed interest one way or another. Note: Not everyone listed below is from this Forum.

Thank you,

~Vito

1. Jay - "In" (2010 Black GT500)

2. Melissa

3. Geoffcin - "Out"

4. Stangdog - "In" (2012 Black GT500)

5. Simonesezgt500 - "In" (2011 Silver GT500 Convertible)

6. Racered500

7. Silly Snake

8. Chrakaknox

9. Landsteam

10. Jack - "In" (1965 Superformance A/C Cobra Replicar)

11. Ray - "In" (Superformance Daytona Coupe)

12. Johnny - "In" (2010 Grabber Blue GT500)

13. Rob - "In" (2012 Orange Boss 302)

14. Eddie - "In" (2004 Black Terminator)

15. gtguyonli - "In" (2010 White GT500)

16. Torisdad - "In" (2011 Sterling Gray GT500)

17. Zvair - "In" (2011 Kona Blue GT500)

18. MywickedShelby - "In" (2007 Black SGT)

19. dancecap3286 - "In" (2010 Kona Blue GT500)

Giancarlo, As you are aware, I am looking for a total of 20 cars for this to make it worth all the "trouble." Below is the updated list reflecting Giancarlo's reply. Come on guys (and gals)...a few of you said you were interested - so please let me know either way so I know to move forward on this. Going to give it until the end of this week before I make a decision.

Thank you.

~Vito

1. Jay - "In" (2010 Black GT500)

2. Melissa

3. Geoffcin - "Out"

4. Stangdog - "In" (2012 Black GT500)

5. Simonesezgt500 - "In" (2011 Silver GT500 Convertible)

6. Racered500 - "In" (2011 Race Red GT500)

7. Silly Snake

8. Chrakaknox

9. Landsteam

10. Jack - "In" (1965 Superformance A/C Cobra Replicar)

11. Ray - "In" (Superformance Daytona Coupe)

12. Johnny - "In" (2010 Grabber Blue GT500)

13. Rob - "In" (2012 Orange Boss 302)

14. Eddie - "In" (2004 Black Terminator)

15. gtguyonli - "In" (2010 White GT500)

16. Torisdad - "In" (2011 Sterling Gray GT500)

17. Zvair - "In" (2011 Kona Blue GT500)

18. MywickedShelby - "In" (2007 Black SGT)

19. dancecap3286 - "In" (2010 Kona Blue GT500)

20. OATHKPR - "In" (2009 Performance White GT500)

Vito,

I asked some members from the Garden State Mustang Club if they were interested......to help get to the minimum 20......

I have gotten some positive reaction.......however it has been mentioned that the June raindate doesnt work cause it conflicts with the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle PA,

an event heavily attended by area Mustangs...........

can people still sign up even if only the May date works?

Michael

Ok folks – here’s the skinny. Because of low-interest, I am forced to cancel the May 6th / June 3rd photo shoot session with the photographer. I’ve had this “event” out in the open since October, 2011 in several threads and/or forums. Here I am over four months later and commitment from 20 folks is next to impossible…which I am fine with. I understand the difficulty in getting something like this organized and understand we all have busy, hectic lives that put something like this on the low-end of the priority scale.

I’d be willing to wait longer for more commitments, but please understand that I must also be fair to the photographer. She has been kind enough to reserve both days at no cost to me/us. She is a professional at what she does and has turned away several affairs awaiting my follow up on the GT500 photo shoot. She now has the opportunity to grab last-minute Communion and Wedding bookings. This coupled with the low interest/commitment are enough reasons for me to be considerate of her circumstances. I know her too well and have had a working relationship with her for too long to “pull the plug” last minute on her… that’s just not how I roll.

My apologies and many thanks to the members and friends of this and outside forums that have expressed interest. For what it’s worth, I am still holding those two days open in my schedule.

Does anyone have objections to a casual, less formal (no photographer), “meet and greet” instead? I would like to keep all the arrangements the same…but of course will have no objections if a different location is proposed. After all, most folks interested in the photo shoot were from the Long Island/NYC area. That’s right, we can thank our NJ brothers and sisters for expressing interest early and never committing wink.gif Of course the latter comment was in jest.

Let mw know what ya’ll think and I’ll go from there. Thanks for taking the time to read through this.

~Vito

Vito,

I asked some members from the Garden State Mustang Club if they were interested......to help get to the minimum 20......

I have gotten some positive reaction.......however it has been mentioned that the June raindate doesnt work cause it conflicts with the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle PA,

an event heavily attended by area Mustangs...........

can people still sign up even if only the May date works?

Michael

Michael,

I was not ignoring you...unfortunately the 6/3/12 date was the only other date the photographer had slotted for us. So, I had no choice but to work around her as well. No worries - maybe we can make something of this nature work in the September/October - capture some autom foliage as a backdrop.

~Vito

hey vito this sounds like an awesome event I am in thanks I am sure I have at least 3 other shelby owners that would also be attending

Read Post #22 - event was cancelled due to low interest/commitment. If folks want to still meet up, I am in...just no photographer.

~Vito

Archived