TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally got my personalized plate!

I logged on to the Maryland MVA website today to renew the registration on my '10 Focus, so on a whim I checked to see if the personalized plate I've always wanted for my GT500 was finally available...and to my shock, it was! I guess whoever had it sold his car and surrendered the plate.

So I am now the proud owner of...

CONDOR

(Well, it's "C0ND0R," because Maryland doesn't use the letter "O")

I had "07SHELB," which wasn't bad, but a little too...obvious (IMHO). I always wanted Condor, as only true obsessed enthusiasts would get it. And now it's on the way!!! I can't wait!!! :happy feet:

"Condor" was originally the internal Ford code name for the supercharged 5.4L Triton V8, which actually started life as the 2004 SVT Lightning development program. When that was canceled, it was moved over to the S197 Cobra program, which became the Shelby GT500. So "Condor" can either represent the code name for our engine, or for the 2007-2011 GT500 as a whole. When we did the tour of the Romeo Niche Line, most of the parts trays are labeled "Condor." Pretty neat stuff!

Moon,

Glad to see you on dude.

Will you be at the bash ?

Howdy, Grabber! It's been a while -- I guess with winter here my car is "out of sight, out of mind"...so is this forum, apparently! Unfortunately, my wife and I can't make it to the bash this year -- work travel interferes yet again. Hopefully Dearborn 2012? :)

Howdy, Grabber! It's been a while -- I guess with winter here my car is "out of sight, out of mind"...so is this forum, apparently! Unfortunately, my wife and I can't make it to the bash this year -- work travel interferes yet again. Hopefully Dearborn 2012? :)

sorr

y to hear you can't make the bash. I enjoy visiting with you and your lovely wife. Our cars have been in the garage layed up but getting special treatment with performance mods and some trick tasteful bling here and there. Have you seen Tana's thread lately ?

Archived