TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch gone at 17k... Now what???

thale622

I just got my car in 10/2011, the clutch started slipping on the interstate last night. In 6th, at 1500 rpm, I could accelerate with a little boost and it sounded like the tires were breaking loose. I'm sure it's the clutch, but we're do I go from here. At 17,500 miles do I go aftermarket clutch or call the local dealers to see what Ford can do??? I understand it's 5 years old, but for Pete's sake... IT'S A SHELBY GT500!!! What do I do???!!! And yeah, I'm thinking McLeod clutch kits. Thanks guys.

thale

Is the RXT pretty stiff on the pedal? What about shifting in general, is it kinda "jerky" I guess is what I'm thinking? I'm bone stock right now, but WAS getting ready to start on my motor mods. I don't want to drag it, but I'd like to have at least 550-575 at the rear wheels. Will the RXT still let me have my Sunday drive feel when I take it easy?

Is the RXT pretty stiff on the pedal? What about shifting in general, is it kinda "jerky" I guess is what I'm thinking? I'm bone stock right now, but WAS getting ready to start on my motor mods. I don't want to drag it, but I'd like to have at least 550-575 at the rear wheels. Will the RXT still let me have my Sunday drive feel when I take it easy?

No stiffer than, and probably easier than, stock. Until broken in, you'll get a little chatter. The RXT will handle up to 1000 hp. If you're not going to drag, you could get by with the RST.

Archived