TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealers With Integrity

dtharmon633 I just called Haney Ford in Carrolton and told Joel about your rant and recommendation on here-he was very thankfull! My business in Georgia is not too far so I wanted to check for more deals available there. He has sold what allocation he is getting for 2008 but if anything changes he will call me. Anyone else hear of more deals let me know.

I just talked to my dealer this afternoon. He just received his GT500 TODAY and is out on a drive when we talked. He is in seventh heaven.

He was to only receive three GT500's. I was number three on the list, he was number two. The first one went to someone out of state on September 13, 2006.

I not only got a good deal on mine but he moved me up to number two on the list, ahead of him, and I received mine on December 13, 2006. He just picked his up at his own agency this morning, April 16, 2007.

His is the Ebony/Tungsten coupe. Mine is the Ebon/Tungsten Convertible.

I think he is one of the most honest men I have ever met. I have met very few like him in the car industry.

I would recomend his company to anyone.

Butler Ford, Ashland, Oregon.

Rasmussen

IMHO, for all of you that paid over sticker, you did NOT get a good deal (fair maybe? but not good), and there is no integrity whatsoever in dealer ADM's no matter in how small or large. Plain and simple, ADMs are greed and nothing more. A car's true value or worth is what Edmunds, NADA, Ford (and other manufacturers) and banks state the value should be. ADMs + MSRP really isn't what the cars are worth, rather just a perceived value by the individual purchaser at the time of purchase. Also..., just because a dealer sells a car for MSRP, (and does not add ADM to the deal) it doesn't mean that he has done you any special favors and given you a sweet deal either. Now if the dealer gave you a deal less than MSRP, then you could say you got a good deal.

Kinda reminds me of some folks who think they deserve a pat on the back, check from the government, or special award for taking care of their children, when its something they ought to be doing in the first place. Some folks just have this mindset that everyone owes them something.

Integrity of a dealer has more to do with fair and honest treatment of their customers, insures that no one is ever overcharged, provides accurate information, and has a service department that does the the work right the first time.

That to me, is a dealer who has integrity. I'll step off my soapbox now

:soapbox:

dtharmon633 I just called Haney Ford in Carrolton and told Joel about your rant and recommendation on here-he was very thankfull! My business in Georgia is not too far so I wanted to check for more deals available there. He has sold what allocation he is getting for 2008 but if anything changes he will call me. Anyone else hear of more deals let me know.

Thanks a bunch!

IMHO, for all of you that paid over sticker, you did NOT get a good deal (fair maybe? but not good), and there is no integrity whatsoever in dealer ADM's no matter in how small or large. Plain and simple, ADMs are greed and nothing more. A car's true value or worth is what Edmunds, NADA, Ford (and other manufacturers) and banks state the value should be. ADMs + MSRP really isn't what the cars are worth, rather just a perceived value by the individual purchaser at the time of purchase. Also..., just because a dealer sells a car for MSRP, (and does not add ADM to the deal) it doesn't mean that he has done you any special favors and given you a sweet deal either. Now if the dealer gave you a deal less than MSRP, then you could say you got a good deal.

Kinda reminds me of some folks who think they deserve a pat on the back, check from the government, or special award for taking care of their children, when its something they ought to be doing in the first place. Some folks just have this mindset that everyone owes them something.

Integrity of a dealer has more to do with fair and honest treatment of their customers, insures that no one is ever overcharged, provides accurate information, and has a service department that does the the work right the first time.

That to me, is a dealer who has integrity. I'll step off my soapbox now

:soapbox:

Integrity of a dealer has more to do with fair and honest treatment of their customers<<<This is exactly what I mean. They treated me fairly and were honest by the extra money they paid to sell just one car and how they wanted to recover that money and sell the car for msrp.

insures that no one is ever overcharged<<<Again, comparing to the MARKET suggested retail price, I received an excellent deal. As in your example, buying for msrp is not a good deal if the MARKET suggested retail price is lower. However, the MARKET suggested retail price for a GT500 is about 53K-69K. I WAS NOT OVERCHARGED!

provides accurate information<<<They told me from the beginning that they didn't know when the car would be produced, but it was mine when Ford delivered it. They gave me the information that was provided to them by Ford. They gave me accurate pricing info, accurate allocation info, and accurate info about the car.

and has a service department that does the the work right the first time<<<The dealership is too far away from my home for me to rely upon them for all my service needs. My brother says they are the best Ford dealership he has ever been to for repairs and competitive prices.

Thanks for your response. But, I think you intended to bust my chops and what you really did was reinforce my point. Thanks for all the accolades!

nope, not trying to bust your chops. your points are all valid. I just wanted to point out that "integrity" is not as easy as it would seem to live up to. Your dealer may be king in your eyes, which is ok when they deserve the kudos, however many dealers expect kudos and simply do not deserve them. read some other forums and you'll hear nothing but complaint after complaint. To me, those dealers should get no special recognition while others who are deserving should get praises. You'll find that of the 4000 + Ford Lincoln Mercury dealers that are selling the GT500, that a majority of those selling dealers are over-charging for their allottments of Shelby's. When those dealers who are selling GT500s with ADMs attached treat you like they are doing you a big favor by selling the car to you with less ADM than others, they are not doing you a favor at all. And that fact in my opinion is not worth any kudos.

nope, not trying to bust your chops. your points are all valid. I just wanted to point out that "integrity" is not as easy as it would seem to live up to. Your dealer may be king in your eyes, which is ok when they deserve the kudos, however many dealers expect kudos and simply do not deserve them. read some other forums and you'll hear nothing but complaint after complaint. To me, those dealers should get no special recognition while others who are deserving should get praises. You'll find that of the 4000 + Ford Lincoln Mercury dealers that are selling the GT500, that a majority of those selling dealers are over-charging for their allottments of Shelby's. When those dealers who are selling GT500s with ADMs attached treat you like they are doing you a big favor by selling the car to you with less ADM than others, they are not doing you a favor at all. And that fact in my opinion is not worth any kudos.

Sorry but you are all wet on this one. Integrity has nothing to do with price charged as long as it was the price agreed. Integrty is honesty and follow through once a deal is reached. Fair market price on this car, as reported by Kelley Blue Book, is far above MSRP. Therefore any dealer that sells to you for a considerable sum less than fair market value, is doing you a favor.

The lack of understanding of just what integrity and professionalism IS is one of the downfalls of this country. This whole conversation linking price paid = integrity is a great example of the problem.

dtharmon633 Quote "I went to school with the owner's son, who now is the GM, but he woudn't budge from the high mark-up. Richard Haney, however, did a GREAT DEED for a GREAT PRICE!!! They have earned my trust and loyalty and I hope they get a lot of sales based upon what they did for me on this Shelby GT500. Happy Easter everyone. God loves you!" Quote

The more I sat and thought on this the more I wanted to post. I could not sit by and leave this post as it was. Yes, I did contact that dealer, but he told me you got a special deal and they were selling their cars (Shelby GT500's) at $20K over MRSP to anyone else. Yes, I did tell him to contact me if he knew of anything $5k or lower. I will write him up for a Great "DEED" too for that price. Always the little guys get stepped on. I doubt I hear from him now, but I was not holding my breathe. DT you got a "favor" and not a "deal"-these are seperate in my book. You know someone who took care of you and leave it at that! The owners son is who needs the thanks-wish I knew him......

Sorry dude, but you must be a CNN reporter. You failed to grasp the meaning of what is written and then you took the quote out of context to sell the lies you wanted to plant. My guess is you are affiliated with a rip off dealership and wanted to cover your tracks. The first sentence of your quote is in reference to a DIFFERENT dealership. It was this DIFFERENT dealership where I know the GM from which my family has purchased more than a score of vehicles. HOWEVER, the purchase of the Shelby GT500 was my FIRST car purchase ever from RICHARD HANEY Ford. Until the day I visited the dealership, I didn't know anyone there. YOU HAVE LIED when you say they are selling them at 20K over to everyone else. AGAIN, YOU HAVE LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 08 allocation is now gone and it sold for 1500 over msrp. :redcard:

Sorry but you are all wet on this one. Integrity has nothing to do with price charged as long as it was the price agreed. Integrty is honesty and follow through once a deal is reached. Fair market price on this car, as reported by Kelley Blue Book, is far above MSRP. Therefore any dealer that sells to you for a considerable sum less than fair market value, is doing you a favor.

The lack of understanding of just what integrity and professionalism IS is one of the downfalls of this country. This whole conversation linking price paid = integrity is a great example of the problem.

so in your opinion, if I rip you off to a tune of $25k or more, I still can have integrity? hmmm... I think you have missed my point :banghead:

example:

The whole order/purchase process for me was a complete mess, and my dealer tried to pull the deal from Fords order banks a few different times and stated he wanted to sell to another party for 20k more (somehow forgetting that we had a deal in writing). This took the regional Ford rep to step in and manage the order process from that point. For me the whole process was very frustrating. My dealer and I finally completed a deal for MSRP as previously agreed. And just because of that, I still do not rcommend them for a "high five" here or elsewhere - poor people skills, dishonesty = no special kudos deserved.

Overcharging/price gouging (greed) are only parts of the equasion when talking about a dealers integrity.

I am glad that your deal went smoother than mine

Wow...Sorry some of you had the hassle. I'm sure it was no fun.

Mine was just opposite. I couldn't have been treated better. (I'm not posting their name, but if interested, just PM me and I'll be glad to send you the info.)

I found an SVT dealer very early on in 05, just as rumors started rumbling around about a GT500.

I never met my saleslady, only through email for about a year. I asked if I could send in a deposit, she said yes, but I'd be 4 on a list of 3 cars they knew they were getting. That was ok.

Then they released the info that the "verts" were being released at about the same time. (of which the dealer didn't even know this) I called them the minute I heard and asked if I could place my deposit on a "vert"? She laughed and said of course and that I was #1 on the list and to send her 3 colors of preference. That was in '06, then the last part of 06 is when all the 15k over sticker stuff started, then it occured to me that I had never signed anything relating to the final price and just got sick. I called expecting the worst and held my breath, but she got on the phone along with the sales manager and they explained to me that would never happen at "their" dealership, that's not the way they do business. I can honestly say their word is GOLD, if not, it's at least worth about $13,000...at least to me.

But at delivery (when I finally met them) they did tell me they were pricing them a great deal over what I got mine for, but it's stated right up front. And not for near what some sharks are trying to get.

Needless to say, any new car I get, it will be from her/that dealership. They have about 4 dealerships and she will help with anything I'm looking at...(my girlfriend is jones-ing over the new Challenger)

When I took delivery, I was taken through the entire dealership and introduced to each manager and given their card. Any problems with the car or another dealership's service was to be called directly to them.

Which is another story...my local dealership wouldn't take the deposit to begin with, so I knew once I had to have service, there would be a problem. Again...I was completely wrong. I called and talked to the service mgr a couple weeks ago, then brought the car in. I did have them sign the little form I made which assigns responsibility to someone for the care of the car. (like not putting 40 miles on it to change a blinker bulb and that type stuff.) They were happy to do so, even thought I never left the dealership for a tire problem. But they were falling all over themselves to help in any way they could. The service man took me to parts and introduced me to the parts mgr and wanted to make sure I was very satisfied with any service or parts I may order. And I didn't even buy the car from them. Again...another great dealership.

I talked to the man on the phone and maybe he stuttered-who knows, and who cares. I am not a reporter nor am I a dealer. I did not post to flame you. Apparently you must know someone their because he said you got a "special" deal. More power to you!

Later.....

Wehmeyer Motors, Rosebud, Mo is an awesome small rural dealership that we worked with. We were long term customers and were treated like royalty. Great Price and loyal to the point of turning down better offers. They were as excited about our new Shelby as we were.

Charles is the sales/owner. I don't know what their allocation for Shelby GT or Shelby KR will be but they are great for all vehicles.

so in your opinion, if I rip you off to a tune of $25k or more, I still can have integrity? hmmm... I think you have missed my point :banghead:

example:

The whole order/purchase process for me was a complete mess, and my dealer tried to pull the deal from Fords order banks a few different times and stated he wanted to sell to another party for 20k more (somehow forgetting that we had a deal in writing). This took the regional Ford rep to step in and manage the order process from that point. For me the whole process was very frustrating. My dealer and I finally completed a deal for MSRP as previously agreed. And just because of that, I still do not rcommend them for a "high five" here or elsewhere - poor people skills, dishonesty = no special kudos deserved.

Overcharging/price gouging (greed) are only parts of the equasion when talking about a dealers integrity.

I am glad that your deal went smoother than mine

You misunderstand my point. Trying to change the terms of the deal, IE the 20k markup AFTER a deal was in place in writing was indeed very dishonest. If you had agreed to the 20k beforehand and that was the deal, then there would have been no dishonesty. I was trying to show that the price in and of itself is not the definition of integrity. The deal and its follow through is.

I was second on the list at Fusz Ford in Chesterfield, Mo. and received the second one they got allotment for. Bunch of stand up guys. A do a lot of business with them with service vans and other cars and trucks. Shelby at Sticker. W

I bought mine from Lally Ford in Tilbury, Ontario, Canada, off a gentleman named Lee Beckstead. They are not a STV dealer so they ordered it from a STV dealer in Toronto. When the car arrived I think the dealer in Toronto tried to up the pre agreed price ( agreed on 8 months earlier).I believe they had another buyer offering them more money, but Lally Ford after hours of negotiating made them stick to their original agreement of $7500.00 above MSRP.

Lally Ford then drove down to Toronto about 6-8 hours round trip to get my car in a covered trailer (much to the dismay of the delivery guy that wanted to drive it back.Ya right in your dreams buddy....lol :rant: ) They then sold it to me for exactly what they paid for it including shipping and all the other crap they add on after every car you buy. (Lee showed me all the invoices.) Now I know it sounds funny(exactly what they paid for it) but we buy allot of vehicle's off them plus send a ton of business their way. Lally Ford is by far the best dealer I have ever used and if your ever looking in this area for a new or used vehicle look no further then :stop: ..... LALLY FORDS 519-682-3434 ask for Lee :stats: ............One very happy camper :hyper: ...Mike Hart :shift:

Archived