TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealers With Integrity

I've previously posted responses to many of the complaints about dealerships with poor business practices that broke contractual agreements. However, I would like to sound the trumpet for a dealership with integrity--Richard Haney Ford--located in Carrollton, Georgia. They sold me a new 2007 GT500 for only $1500 over msrp. They were well aware of the ADM many other dealerships were asking, yet they stuck by the deal! Not only did they sell the car at a great price, they said they would sell the 08 Shelby the same way--just $1500 over MSRP. My salesman is Joel Bagby and he was great to work with. I told them they have my future purchases if we can come to terms on trade-in allowances. Prior to the GT500 purchase, I had not bought a car from them. Some of my family members had, but not me. The dealership where I had bought about a dozen new cars from in as many years wanted 15K over MSRP for a GT500. I went to school with the owner's son, who now is the GM, but he woudn't budge from the high mark-up. Richard Haney, however, did a GREAT DEED for a GREAT PRICE!!! They have earned my trust and loyalty and I hope they get a lot of sales based upon what they did for me on this Shelby GT500. Happy Easter everyone. God loves you!

Not a dime. I think it is just as important to tell about good dealerships as much as it is the crooked ones. In fact, the good ones should be promoted more so consumers know where to go. No kidding!

I agree 100%.....The dealer I rec'd mine from, Van Bortel Ford in Victor NY was the same, and have earned a customer for life. Thanks Paul :beerchug:

Not a dime. I think it is just as important to tell about good dealerships as much as it is the crooked ones. In fact, the good ones should be promoted more so consumers know where to go. No kidding!

Not even an OIL CHANGE? :hysterical:

Uggggghhhh!!!! The PAIN!!!!!

I just called them. They "have a deposit for their 2008 allocation, but if the guy backs out you are on the list". No direct contact with Joel, but I left him a subsequent voice mail.

THANK YOU GEORGE (svtbird) for the assist....

dtharmon633, I thank you too for the heads-up, but it looks like I was a little late.... :banghead::banghead::cry::cry::drop:

Thats great info! I wish there were more sales managers like him and dealerships that could see past the immediate buck. I am sure owners and managers set the ADM's, not so much the sales guys.

Blayne

Somebody talking about us !

( Bay Harbor Ford ??)

Thats great info! I wish there were more sales managers like him and dealerships that could see past the immediate buck. I am sure owners and managers set the ADM's, not so much the sales guys.

Blayne

Oh for sure its the owner looking to line his pocket.

I bought my GT500 at California Ford in California MO. They sold me the car for MSRP because they didn't want to sell it to someone that was just going to try to make a quick buck on it. I have bought all of my new vehicles there since 2000 or so. They treat their customers like family.

I'm going to send the dealership gm a link to this thread and maybe get a free oil change or two for my shelby.......

CB

I bought my GT500 at California Ford in California MO. They sold me the car for MSRP because they didn't want to sell it to someone that was just going to try to make a quick buck on it. I have bought all of my new vehicles there since 2000 or so. They treat their customers like family.

I'm going to send the dealership gm a link to this thread and maybe get a free oil change or two for my shelby.......

CB

You got a dream car for msrp and you want a free oil change for bragging on the dealership? You ought to be offering them your time as an oil change technician for giving you the deal of a lifetime!

I am sending them a hand written letter letting them know of the fact that word is spreadingot them being a good place to work with. I can't promise I will ever buy anything from them being in IN but knowing people in GA I will be passingon the praises because it is proven a rare thing thet a dealer passes up the quick easy $ and lives up to their word.

I dealt with Mike Castruccie ford in Cinci (milford) OH and had the same type of exp. but at 8K over last Dec. so I try to pass the word about them too. It's good to hear of places living up to their word. Be it MSRP, 1500 over. 10K over etc. Just honoring their word makes them a place to want to work with. Good for you for sharing!

I am sending them a hand written letter letting them know of the fact that word is spreadingot them being a good place to work with. I can't promise I will ever buy anything from them being in IN but knowing people in GA I will be passingon the praises because it is proven a rare thing thet a dealer passes up the quick easy $ and lives up to their word.

I dealt with Mike Castruccie ford in Cinci (milford) OH and had the same type of exp. but at 8K over last Dec. so I try to pass the word about them too. It's good to hear of places living up to their word. Be it MSRP, 1500 over. 10K over etc. Just honoring their word makes them a place to want to work with. Good for you for sharing!

KUDOS to you! It is greatly appreciated!

My dealer, (Bill Russell, Panhandle Motors, Beaver, OK), stuck to his word and sold me mine for MSRP+$1500), even though the dealers around him were getting mark ups. Thanks Bill!

Uggggghhhh!!!! The PAIN!!!!!

I just called them. They "have a deposit for their 2008 allocation, but if the guy backs out you are on the list". No direct contact with Joel, but I left him a subsequent voice mail.

THANK YOU GEORGE (svtbird) for the assist....

dtharmon633, I thank you too for the heads-up, but it looks like I was a little late.... :banghead::banghead::cry::cry::drop:

Perhaps you will keep them in mind on some other purchases. I felt so lucky to get one at a fair price. The car has been a joy to drive! It now has about 288 miles on it. I drove into to my town yesterday to be in a classic car show. Their were four stangs there, but mine was the only Shelby. There was one Shelby GT350 clone present and it was my first opportunity to get a good look at the rear quarter louvers to talk about there purpose. What a treat!

I got mine for MSRP. Ennis Ford in Ennis Texas. Brent Gunter is the General Manager and has been a pleasure to deal with. I will buy all my Fords from him. I like your avatar. I am at the academy and just last week went to see the admiral and passed my nuke interview, so i will be joining the sub force as soon as i graduate. Just thought you would like to see another shelby submariner

I have to give praise to the dealership that I bought my Shelby from.

To Alexander Ford in Franklin TN (my, not so local dealership), and to the owner/general manager Barry A. that didn't back out of the deal.

I put the deposit down in December 2005, before FoMoCo even decided on what the name of our Shelby GT500's would be.

I had everything in writing, so that may have helped me some. :yup:

I spoke with Barry in early February this year, and we talked about his brother (the Busch? or NASCAR? series racer/champion), Amy B., Mustangs, and Carroll Shelby. He even showed me the Shelby GT that they just received.

I received my Shelby GT500 mid March, paid MSRP.

Kudos. :banvictory:

DLW

I got mine for MSRP. Ennis Ford in Ennis Texas. Brent Gunter is the General Manager and has been a pleasure to deal with. I will buy all my Fords from him. I like your avatar. I am at the academy and just last week went to see the admiral and passed my nuke interview, so i will be joining the sub force as soon as i graduate. Just thought you would like to see another shelby submariner

KUDOS to you! The road ahead is not the one well traveled. There will be challenges that surpass all your expectations, much like the academy. However, you will be handsomely rewarded once you reach you complete your training and move through the ranks past O-3.

Archived