TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amy Boylan KR on ebay

ShelbyEra08

Speedy, seriously? I'd love to have a pysch profile worked up on you. I'm thinking either you were ran over by a 68 KR as a kid or your boss blew your bonus money on an '08 KR.

Why do you constantly obsess over KRs. You seem to drool at the chance to rag on them. Just drop it already...

It is very odd. The whole thing is just so......odd.

The President of a legendary company selling her car on.....eBay. Odd

The car looks like crap in cleanliness. Odd.

Exorbitant price. Odd.

She should have bought a hood. Put the new hood on. Sold that fancy one at a high level auction somewhere. Or just keep it and do it later. But get the hood off the car.

It's all just......odd.

eBay?

Why is an Ebay listing so odd? There are times when Ebay has 15 KRs looking for a home. Percieving a KR as "too good" for Ebay is ridiculous.

No, obsessing over a car that you don't own is ridiculous. But every site has to have a resident troll so it looks like you are useful for a few laughs.

No, obsessing over a car that you don't own is ridiculous.

why being obessives about Shelby's a bad thing? Should be an awesome thing :rockon:

also i am surpised the listing isnt more "professional" since WCC listed it. On my laptop the listing has huge capitalize letters, i think that is annoying

why being obessives about Shelby's a bad thing? Should be an awesome thing :rockon:

also i am surpised the listing isnt more "professional" since WCC listed it. On my laptop the listing has huge capitalize letters, i think that is annoying

Matt, obsessing over Shelbys is a good thing!! I should know... LOL if you read Speedy's posts you'll find that he is 100% negative towards Shelbys in general but more so towards KRs for some reason. It just gets so tiresome after a while. Over priced land yacht,overpriced carbon fiber, and on and on and on...

Oh and yeah on my laptop the listing size is all out of whack. For a listing coming from WCC I would also agree that it should be more professional. I also think it's way overpriced but I'll bet if you had WCC build you a custom car that 100K price would seem cheap in comparison! I don't see how he gets six figures for some of those ugly creations he makes.

Matt, obsessing over Shelbys is a good thing!! I should know... LOL if you read Speedy's posts you'll find that he is 100% negative towards Shelbys in general but more so towards KRs for some reason. It just gets so tiresome after a while. Over priced land yacht,overpriced carbon fiber, and on and on and on...

Oh and yeah on my laptop the listing size is all out of whack. For a listing coming from WCC I would also agree that it should be more professional. I also think it's way overpriced but I'll bet if you had WCC build you a custom car that 100K price would seem cheap in comparison! I don't see how he gets six figures for some of those ugly creations he makes.

Flame away! Hope it makes you feel better. Sorry to see that a perspective which differs from yours causes you the need to compensate your distress with personal attacks. Thats OK, takes all kinds.

who cares about what Speedy says, best thing is to ignore it, or block him - if that is a feature :shrug:

i do like some of WCC stuff, i liked their WCC Shelby they did, but they had too many lights on the front, and the wheels were ok, but everything else i liked. The thing is with 100,000+ with those cars, he probably has some kind of WCC name mark up

Agreed, there has to be serious "brand" mark up involved. The one-off complete custom cars I can see generating that kind of $$$. The "repaint,new wheels and a new stereo" cars that they build are certainly not worth that $$$.

Back to topic, I really don't see the KR selling for 100K but I've been surprised before on final selling prices. What are the ebay fees for the seller if it goes for 100K?

Really can't see why this car would be worth any more than any other used KR. Who is Amy Boylan at this point other than someone who was booted out the back door.

As per your statement, what factual information do you have that she was booted out the back door? Were you in Shelby's upper management during this time? I don't recall you being at any Shelby staff meetings?

You don't know why this particular GT500KR is worth any more than and other used KR because you simply don't have the facts.

Agreed, there has to be serious "brand" mark up involved. The one-off complete custom cars I can see generating that kind of $$$. The "repaint,new wheels and a new stereo" cars that they build are certainly not worth that $$$.

Back to topic, I really don't see the KR selling for 100K but I've been surprised before on final selling prices. What are the ebay fees for the seller if it goes for 100K?

i think ebay commission for automotives is around 9 or 10%. So if they did sell it for $100,000 probably only getting less than $90,000 but since its WCC selling the car

plus you have to add an listing fee, fees for mutliple pictures

probably WCC and Ebay has some kind of dealing with eachother and they might not get that high of commission.

i think ebay commission for automotives is around 9 or 10%. So if they did sell it for $100,000 probably only getting less than $90,000 but since its WCC selling the car

plus you have to add an listing fee, fees for mutliple pictures

probably WCC and Ebay has some kind of dealing with eachother and they might not get that high of commission.

What? A $10,000.00 fee to sell a car on Ebay? Are you on crack? The fee for a successfull sale of an auto over $2,000.00 is only $125.00 for a low volume seller and $60.00 for a high volume seller.

I don't usually get involved in these kind of discussions, because it does nothing to promote our hobby. But a Shelby KR that sells for $100;000 makes all Shelbys more collectible. I wouldn't care if it sold for 50 grand or 100 grand I'd love to get behind the wheel of that Baby for an hour or two.

It seems odd because:

- Amy was the PRESIDENT of a legendary company. Notice I said company.....not KR.

- Amy, I would think, swims in high car circles as a result. Listing a car on eBay somehow seems beneath her. To me, it seems....odd. Thats all I can use to describe that sentiment.

-Amy should pull that hood off and out a factory one on. Keep the hood. Sell it separately, whatever. Then list the car on eBay. Without the signature hood.

- Amy should take off the highlights of being SAI President. I find this also, odd.

One thing I know for sure is Amy hasn't been calling asking for my advice! :). So she has a plan obviously. Wish her well and all that.

Speedy, don't know what to say of your constant harangue(s) other than that. Has nothing to do with a kr being on eBay.

Archived