TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Intake Manifold

Yes, there are several people who have. they had to lower the engine with new adjustable motor mounts. I just bought the ford racing bullit style STB. you can see it in my avatar photo. look at the prothane motor mounts post and you will see Andrew's engine bay he has the stock STB w/FR intake.

Jeff

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/72933-prothane-motor-mounts/

post-30105-0-38006900-1329849330_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-38006900-1329849330_thumb.jpg

Has anyone installed the Ford Racing Intake Manifold for the 4.6 underneath the Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace? If so were there any mods required to make it work

You have 2 choices lethal has adjustables or the prothane mount and cut off 3/4 off the top with a sawall or a cut off wheel. Do not try and use a grinder you use the grinder to just flat the cut out.

Your friendly Kmart automotive Tech

Thanks Jeff, thats perfect. I dont want to lower the motor mounts but do you know if the bullitt STB will fit underneath the GT-H hood?

Unfortunately I’m not sure about the bullit STB fitting under the GTH hood. I’m would think that someone has tried it or posted about it before though. If I knew someone close to me that had the GTH hood I’d do a quick swap test for ya, but I don’t know of any in my area. Sorry

Jeff

Archived