TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best way to jack or lift a 40th to change tires

Get yourself a floorjack from Harbor Freight. $90. Makes it so much easier and safer than scissor jacks. While your at it get a couple short jack stands

http://www.harborfre...-html-7814.html

I am using the low profile jack that Harbor sells. I needed that extra low profile to clear the rockers. And not to scar the pinch welds I made inserts for the cup on the jack.I made my own from a sample piece of carpet that I got at Maynards. A piece of 3/4 inch ply would also work.

I would like 2 as well.

Nice to see a practical item like that, and there should definitely be a market for it.

Anyone with newer Mustang or Shelby that does their own maintenance could certainly use one, or any other vehicle with a pinch weld lift point for that matter.

I am guessing that your woodworking expertise helped pulling that off too, always making jigs and guides etc.

You could even get into various colours if that is an option.

If you don't have a paypal account yet, set one up and let the $$ pour in.

Note: The base diameter is 2-1/2". My low profile jack has a flat surface so the 2-1/2 gives it stability. If your jack has a cup. Measure it and make sure 2-1/2" will fit. If not send me a PM with the size and I will see what I can do to make some to fit the cups. I don't think putting it on top of the cup is a good idea. I think it could slip off.

You guys better get those out to market before some far east manufacturer starts pumping them out at $15 ea or so with free shipping :)

Once they get a money making idea like that, they are pretty good at running with it.

Came across these recently, and would be great for lifting on the points like Grabber posted in one of his threads with the red dots:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PTP-19-1403/

Just line up the red pad to the red dot and you can't go wrong :)

They also have various sizes to fit your style of lift jack, and even have these neat jack stand pads to protect your freshly painted axle tubes etc:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PTP-19-1412/

Jegs carries them as well, just checking on American Muscle as they offer free shipping to the U.S. and currently offer 10% off on selected items when you use the discount code MARCHTAG0510 at checkout.

Be nice if someone offered a kit with all that stuff in it, along with a decent jack handle padding/guard, something almost everyone could use.

I'm still looking for the best spot to lift the rear of a 40th with both cf rockers and rear brake cooling ducts if any one has a suggestion. Please include photo if you can.

The best way without a custom piece is to use a small flat piece of metal. Put it on the jack and then lift it on the pinch weld. It shouldn’t touch the rocker. Even if it does the carbon fiber will flex

Been using hockey pucks for as long as I can remember for lifting, shims, compressor isolation etc.

One of the benefits of living in cold climates is that they are easy to find.

A trip out back a few times at the end of the season can yield 30 or 40 of them :)

They are fairly easy to cut to shape too, with a chop saw or hack saw.

Out Back2.jpg

Out Back2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been using hockey pucks for as long as I can remember for lifting, shims, compressor isolation etc.

One of the benefits of living in cold climates is that they are easy to find.

A trip out back a few times at the end of the season can yield 30 or 40 of them :)

They are fairly easy to cut to shape too, with a chop saw or hack saw.

Talk about a Field of Dreams...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I still have a couple left if anyone is interested. Mine work both in the front and back but not the back if you have the brake cooling ducts.

Hi Bob,

Do you still have ant of these?

• 2 weeks later...
I can vouch for the ones Bob makes, they're the right shape and are perfect for protecting the pinch-weld and not damaging your rocker panels. They put the jack's stress exactly where it's intended to be... Anton

:yup: Yup. Just bought some.

• 2 months later...

Bob,

Your pucks work great! My wife bought me a new low profile long reach floor jack for my birthday and was able to finally put the puck to the test.

All GT500 owners should get one or two of these.

floorjack2.jpg

floorjack.jpg

Are the rear brake ducts easy to take off? Could I take off and put back on easily or should I just lift the rear by the pumpkin ? Just need to lift a couple of inches to remove wheels for cleaning. The block of wood method didn't work to well. Don't ask#*/?$!!!!!

Are the rear brake ducts easy to take off? Could I take off and put back on easily or should I just lift the rear by the pumpkin ? Just need to lift a couple of inches to remove wheels for cleaning. The block of wood method didn't work to well. Don't ask#*/?$!!!!!

I have the same issue on the Super Snake. The puck works great on the front lift points, but the rear brake duct is in the way. I was debating on whether or not to notch the brake ducts at the lift point on both sides to allow for the puck to fit the lifting point. Just not sure if that's going to turn my brake duct into some strange whistling instrument???

I have the same issue on the Super Snake. The puck works great on the front lift points, but the rear brake duct is in the way. I was debating on whether or not to notch the brake ducts at the lift point on both sides to allow for the puck to fit the lifting point. Just not sure if that's going to turn my brake duct into some strange whistling instrument???

Had the same thought about a notch, but didn't even cross my mind about a possible noise. Plenty of noise from the rear between gear howl at 60 mph and clunky suspension. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying there's a lot of noise.

Archived