TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT500 what is the list price

1970boss302

Hey guys,

No Shelby pricing is out as of today Feb. 22nd. I am a huge supplier of Shelby's.

I can factory order you a Shelby OR I can get your specific car from Ford.

Once pricing is out let me know what you want for a car and i will quote you a price. I can usually do MSRP. That allows me to make a few bucks and still get you your dream Shelby.

Have a good one guys!

Regards, ShelbyGuy

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome-you're right...that's about as long as you can drive in the lower 48: Washington to Florida!

Who is the top Shelby seller in the US, any idea? I assume they'd have the most far pricing.

I was hoping to stay within a couple thousand miles if I'm gonna do the "fly to buy" route.

Thanks again!

Lots of cars come to Shelby American through Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas.

Roger

There is absolutely no way they raise the base price of this car by ten thousand dollars.

I wouldn't be so sure of that...They are really pushing this car as the greatest Shelby ever and yes they have made

alot of improvements $10,000 dollars worth!!..Maybe not but people will buy into that...Look what they done when the

07 came out some dealers were selling them with a $10,000 plus ADM and they were selling at that price if Ford feels

they can sell they will do just that I'm sure.

I wouldn't be so sure of that...They are really pushing this car as the greatest Shelby ever and yes they have made

alot of improvements $10,000 dollars worth!!..Maybe not but people will buy into that...Look what they done when the

07 came out some dealers were selling them with a $10,000 plus ADM and they were selling at that price if Ford feels

they can sell they will do just that I'm sure.

It was a different economy in 2007 and look at all those guys who paid the ADMs only to have a car that doesn't hold its value different than anything else. You can pickup 07-09's now dirt cheap.

February 23, 2012

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC01169DC 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Dealer Enrollment

The purpose of this communication is to ensure dealers interested in being eligible for the 2013 & 2014 Model Year Shelby GT500 complete the certification enrollment process on FMCDealer no later than, March 11th, 2012.

SHELBY GT500 CERTIFICATION & ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS

Sales Certification: Dealerships will be required to maintain at least one Shelby GT500 certified sale consultant. Training requirements will be similar to those in the past and include web-based training. Specific training requirements and courses will be the topic of a future communication.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

A $2,000 enrollment fee will be billed to your P&A code in (2) annual installments of $1,000. This enrollment fee will provide your dealership the following materials:

• Product Brochures, Hero Cards, Technical Data Cards and all Shelby GT500 specific marketing materials
  • Web based product training and product update Fordstar Broadcasts.
  • Event Support
  • Dealer/Consumer assistance through the Ford Performance Group

SHELBY GT500 ALLOCATION AND DISTRIBUTION PLAN

Dealers who complete the certification process will be eligible for the following allocation:

• One unit for any dealer that completes Certification Requirements
  • Remaining production will be based on Mustang Share of Nation formula. This will be determined once dealer certification has been completed.

Enrollment process must be completed on FMCdealer by Sunday, March 11th, 2012 in order to be eligible for allocation in the 2013 and 2014 MY's.

ACTION REQUESTED

All enrollments must be competed via the FMC Dealer electronic enrollment process.

Complete the electronic enrollment form located on FMCDealer.com. Once logged in, continue to the sales tab. Select “Vehicle Sales Program” on the left side of the page and then click on “Shelby GT500 Dealer Program Enrollment

Only the Dealer Principal will be able to complete the enrollment process.

QUESTIONS

Questions can be addressed to the Ford Performance call center at 1-800-367-3788

I was told today by my local SVT dealer the 013's would be in the mid $60,000 area in Canada.

I can tell you if the GT500 is $59,000 in the US it's going to be at least $69,000 in Canada.

I don't understand his reasoning? The '12 GT500's were already mid 60's with a couple of options. At best this car will be 70k in Canada, at least that's my guess.

It was a different economy in 2007 and look at all those guys who paid the ADMs only to have a car that doesn't hold its value different than anything else. You can pickup 07-09's now dirt cheap.

It's a different economy but those who have the kind of coin to buy these cars aren't truly effected by the economy. They've got the money and the dealers know they do and nearly everyone of them is going to try for an ADM.

This confirms the 2014 Model Year GT500 !

I have read these documents each year and I don't remember them addressing multiple model years like this. My read on this is that the current car will be sold as a 13 and into 14 as they prepare to bring out the new car. I doubt we see a full year 14 run of cars.

There is absolutely no way they raise the base price of this car by ten thousand dollars.

They have to make it a significant price bump over the '12 for several reasons. First is all the improvments, that doesn't come cheap. But perhaps more importantly is- if the price was close to a '12 model then who in their right mind would buy any of the remaining '12's?

I know those looking to buy a '13 are hoping that MSRP is pretty close to the '12 but I just see that happening. Since I'm not looking to buy one perhaps I can be a little more objective then someone looking to buy one.

They have to make it a significant price bump over the '12 for several reasons. First is all the improvments, that doesn't come cheap. But perhaps more importantly is- if the price was close to a '12 model then who in their right mind would buy any of the remaining '12's?

I know those looking to buy a '13 are hoping that MSRP is pretty close to the '12 but I just see that happening. Since I'm not looking to buy one perhaps I can be a little more objective then someone looking to buy one.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. It may come as a surprise but Ford knows quite a bit more on the subject of pricing than the enthusiasts of their performance products. Model years are constantly upgraded, sometimes profoundly in one year with little to no price increase. Forget about the 12s, they are dead in the water, the manufacturer knows this and will dump them out with whatever level of rebates are needed. American's disposable income has evaporated to a great degree for a multitude of reasons. 70 thousand dollar toys are virtually DOA in the market place and Ford is well aware of this issue. There will be no huge price increase for '13. The hard core enthusiast or current owners perspective on these pricing or market value are almost always wrong.

A 100hp increase over the 2012 plus other improvements should normally justify a price increas that is more than just inflation based. That being said, and looking only at canadian prices, a Camaro ZL1 starts at $60090. The current GT500 is around the same price. I don't think that Ford can justify a $10K difference between the two cars. The additional horsepower may justify a slightly higher price, but not $10K. Unless Ford prefers to limit production volume through higher pricing and appeal to Shelby fanatics only, Ford has to take the Camaro's pricing into the equation, People that are not brand loyalists will cross shop the GT500 and ZL1 and a $10K difference may be a dealbreaker for them.

I don't understand his reasoning? The '12 GT500's were already mid 60's with a couple of options. At best this car will be 70k in Canada, at least that's my guess.

I don't either...Like I posted before a 2012 SVTPP GT500 is $64,000 so yeah I can't see the 013 beeing in the mid $60,000 area

at all...I said all along this car was going to be in the $70,000 dollar range in Canada and I don't think i'm to far off with that price.

I have read these documents each year and I don't remember them addressing multiple model years like this. My read on this is that the current car will be sold as a 13 and into 14 as they prepare to bring out the new car. I doubt we see a full year 14 run of cars.

The fee was for 2010 to 2012. Now the fee is for 2013 to 2014. The GT500 will have a 2014 model year and from what I have been told...it is the same as the 2013.

The fee was for 2010 to 2012. Now the fee is for 2013 to 2014. The GT500 will have a 2014 model year and from what I have been told...it is the same as the 2013.

Sorry Grabber, I got confused...

"It is the same as the 2013"

Are you saying that the dealer fee for 2014 is the same as 2013?

or

The actual car for 2014 is the same as 2013?

Thanks,

-Pockdog

I was told by my SVT Sales Rep that as soon as Carroll Shelby dies, production of the GT500 will CEASE.

I asked if it would cease immideatly (mid year) or if it would cease for the following MY.

They couldn't give me a answer to that question but I *suspect* it will be the following year. Otherwise, if Shelby were to leave us today, they wouldn't be able to produce the already announced 2013 models.

I asked if it was just a "respect" type of deal or a licensing type of deal and same thing, no idea. I suspect a little of both because from what I know, Shelby holds the licensiing rights to the GT500 moniker (but not the Cobra).

So if what I was told is accurate, there may or may not be a 2014 GT500 in *any* form, let alone the new body style that is being talked about. I bantered with them about that and they had the same suspicion I have, that a GT500 may not be available but a "Cobra" (such as the old Cobra R) COULD be.

Only time will tell,

Phill

I was told by my SVT Sales Rep that as soon as Carroll Shelby dies, production of the GT500 will CEASE.

I asked if it would cease immideatly (mid year) or if it would cease for the following MY.

They couldn't give me a answer to that question but I *suspect* it will be the following year. Otherwise, if Shelby were to leave us today, they wouldn't be able to produce the already announced 2013 models.

I asked if it was just a "respect" type of deal or a licensing type of deal and same thing, no idea. I suspect a little of both because from what I know, Shelby holds the licensiing rights to the GT500 moniker (but not the Cobra).

So if what I was told is accurate, there may or may not be a 2014 GT500 in *any* form, let alone the new body style that is being talked about. I bantered with them about that and they had the same suspicion I have, that a GT500 may not be available but a "Cobra" (such as the old Cobra R) COULD be.

Only time will tell,

Phill

This really surprises me. I would have though that Ford would have made a licencing agreement that addresses this particular issue. After all, Mr Shelby was already in his '80s when the GT500 was reintroduced. Marketing plans are generally not something that you would want to change on a very short notice, especially considering the lifecycle of products in the automotive industry. I could see Ford reverting back to the Cobra name for the next gen car, but for a 2014 model that is identical to the 2013, a change of name would not really make sense.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. It may come as a surprise but Ford knows quite a bit more on the subject of pricing than the enthusiasts of their performance products. Model years are constantly upgraded, sometimes profoundly in one year with little to no price increase. Forget about the 12s, they are dead in the water, the manufacturer knows this and will dump them out with whatever level of rebates are needed. American's disposable income has evaporated to a great degree for a multitude of reasons. 70 thousand dollar toys are virtually DOA in the market place and Ford is well aware of this issue. There will be no huge price increase for '13. The hard core enthusiast or current owners perspective on these pricing or market value are almost always wrong.

I'm neither....but my info came from a well placed SVT employee....and Im not talking about a rep either. Believe me, I hope he is wrong!!! As stated before for....your mileage may very

"SVT Sales Reps" are idiots that know nothing. Cease production my ass. The car will cease production as soon as Ford wants to or their ALREADY AGREED UPON licensing agreement ends. Quit believing all this BS guys. Ford dealers know LEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS about these cars than we do.

"Otherwise, if Shelby were to leave us today, they wouldn't be able to produce the already announced 2013 models.

"

ROFL. Ford will sell the 2013 as is, named the GT500, for the entire 2013 model year regardless of the life status of Mr. Shelby. Take that to the bank. Where do people come up with this crap? Perhaps "SVT Sales Rep" are trying to SELL CARS. =)

Hey, believe whatever you want but there is no way this car is going to be close to the price of the '12. Does Ford have to price the car close to the ZL1? I'm not sure they do. Base price will probably be close but there is the Trac Pack and Performance Pack, those two options are going to push the price tag well north of the ZL1. 65k US is going to be my guess for this car.

OK guys, how about some insight for the new guy that only wants a 'vert!?!?

I know convertible production numbers are WAY lower than coupes, but I live in florida...I'm all about 'verts.

What's the word on the price of the '13 Convertible? Any educated guesses from your connections?

Thanks

Archived