TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT500 what is the list price

1970boss302

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Gang, i'm brand new to the forum.

I own a GT 'vert that I'm going to trade in for a '13 GT500 'vert.

What is the best dealership to buy from?

I live in Florida, but i'm willing to travel to get the best deal/dealer experience.

I honestly think it would be fun to fly somewhere, buy my new baby and drive it home!

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome-you're right...that's about as long as you can drive in the lower 48: Washington to Florida!

Who is the top Shelby seller in the US, any idea? I assume they'd have the most far pricing.

I was hoping to stay within a couple thousand miles if I'm gonna do the "fly to buy" route.

Thanks again!

Welcome to TS.

There is agreat dealer here in WA that will sell you one for MSRP.

It would be a little bit of a drive home for you.

Grabber: I was into my Ford SVT dealer the other day and the saleswoman (very knowledgeable lady) said the GT500 Order GUIDE was out but the Order BANK was not open yet so she still didn't have any prices. I asked her if she was possibly confusing the GT500 order guide for the (already released) Mustang Order Guide and she said, 'no, that one has been out for awhile and we already ordered a Boss from it" so I know she's not confusing the two.

You seem to have a Dealer or insider contact; Can you check and see if you/he/they can find a GT500 Order Guide?

TIA,

Phill

Thanks guys, I used to live in Canton GA, so I know Atlanta pretty well and have some friends there.

Never been to Raleigh NC.

Do both of those dealerships move a lot of Shelby volume?

I've gotta think there are a few dealers out there willing to sell my my new toy (in the spring hopefully) for a reasonable price if they put a lot of them down the road. I'm hoping if I wait til they are out for a few months the 'mania' will die down a bit.

Thanks again, Melford

Thanks guys, I used to live in Canton GA, so I know Atlanta pretty well and have some friends there.

Never been to Raleigh NC.

Do both of those dealerships move a lot of Shelby volume?

I've gotta think there are a few dealers out there willing to sell my my new toy (in the spring hopefully) for a reasonable price if they put a lot of them down the road. I'm hoping if I wait til they are out for a few months the 'mania' will die down a bit.

Thanks again, Melford

I was told to expect $30K ADM's on the first few 2013 GT500's!!!

I told the sales staff they were NUTS and they said "wait 3 months and they'll be gone" (the ADM's). They expect a lot of people that "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW/TODAY" to want the new engine and will be willing to pay the ADM. Just like when they came out in '07 and just like when the KR's came out.

"There's a sucker born every second" - PT Barnum

Phill

With the price of gas shooting up it will kill some interest in the car. The biggest problem is a lot of us know there is a whole new Mustang right around the corner. Some will pay top dollar for a 2013 but I'm sure we'll see these sitting months later just like 2011 & 2012's are.

Honestly I don't think anybody shopping for a car like this will be affected by gas prices.

Now the new model coming out in 2014 may indeed cause a few guys to wait (hopefully).

Ah well, screw depreciation... I need a 650hp mustang with a warranty! If the 2014 has 800hp, i'll have to have that. My wife considers it a disease :rockon:

Honestly I don't think anybody shopping for a car like this will be affected by gas prices.

When I first bought my 2010 GT500 I was in COSTCO filling up. The attendant (a Ford/SVT/Shelby fan) was drooling all over my car. He eventually asked me "what kind of gas mileage does this thing get...."

I was kind of thinking about it and "mmmmmmm-ing" but before I could give him a answer he said "well, I guess if you drive a car like this you really aren't concerened with GAS MILEAGE!".

I agreed. And that was before I started modifying it.

Fact is, it gets WAYYYYY better gas mileage than any of the hot-rods I had (or friends had) in my youth, and we always THOUGHT they were 500HP engines but after driving this one, it's clear they were NO WHERE near 500HP! Maybe, on a GOOD day....300-350 HP!

I remember a guy in High School (Art Farrow) that had the baddest-ass Baby Blue 55 Chevy Bel Air with a dual-quad 327ci small block/4-speed up on a straight-axle ("Gasser" style) with Laker plugs (Lake Style headers). It was THEE baddest car in town and it was SUPER QUICK for its day...I asked him how many miles per gallon he got and he said "It doesn't get MILES per GALLON, it gets GALLONS per MILE!

And it was probably a 11 or 12 second car, maybe even 13 seconds!

We're very lucky to be living in the age of modern day hot-rods and you don't realize how lucky you are unless you lived in the days of "Old/Classic/Retro Hot-Rods".

Phill Pollard (Class of '73)

Now the new model coming out in 2014 may indeed cause a few guys to wait (hopefully).

Ah well, screw depreciation... I need a 650hp mustang with a warranty! If the 2014 has 800hp, i'll have to have that. My wife considers it a disease :rockon:

When it starts getting to $4 to $5 dollars a gallon, which it looks like it will this summer, it's going to take a lot of those who daily drive out of the equation. Not everyone lets these sit in a garage and barely drives them. I certainly don't think gas prices are going to kill this car or anything but as they go higher it certainly doesn't help.

If you're willing to be patient I guarantee you'll be able to get your 2013 for under MSRP. You don't need to buy one at a special dealership, there are quite a few in Florida who can sell you one. What I did when shopping was called every dealership 3-4 hours away who sold them and made them an offer for less than MSRP. Finally a dealership accepted and that is who I went with. There was a lot of the same hype for the 2011 with the aluminum block and SVT PP that we're seeing with the 2013, but there were people getting deals at INVOICE(although rare) before the spring was finished.

Also you should know the first cars wont make it to the dealerships until early late April/ early May and none of those are going to be customer orders. If you're willing to wait until July/August to get yours the odds of getting a deal are much better.

Same here and my wife says the same thing. I've been this way for a long time.

The 2011 didn't have anywhere near this level of hype. It was nowhere near the improvement over the 10' that the 13' is over the 12'.

I disagree, but that is our opinion. Hype is just that. I didn't really see any Hype on the '12 since there really wasn't any changes other than the Recaro option but the '11 had a ton of hype and enthusiasm. I know because I was around during that time soaking it all up. People were telling me I wouldn't get one at MSRP, most people said the dealers would bring back the ADM as well. Regardless of hype this car may be a much bigger performance upgrade but it is also going to be a decent price increase as well (no way they've done all those changes for free), and at the end of the day they are still going to make over 5000 of these babies which coupled with the horde of other GT500s out there will ensure these cars are sitting on lots everywhere. I know the dealer I originally ordered mine from now only gets Boss mustangs because they don't feel like paying the $2000 SVT license every year to get 1-2 cars that sit on their lot and can't even sell for MSRP.

Ford Dealerships aren't like Mercedes or BMW dealerships, used to having $60,000+ cars sitting around on the showroom floor. Realistic dealers are going to price these cars to sell with your usual suspects demanding an ADM no one but a fool would pay.

Ezareth,

You make some very compelling points. In fact, I think many current Shelby GT500 owners that have expressed interest in buying the 2013 since it was introduced in LA, will actually pass on actually buying one when they realize the can have similar performance for a much smaller investment...

Ezareth,

You make some very compelling points. In fact, I think many current Shelby GT500 owners that have expressed interest in buying the 2013 since it was introduced in LA, will actually pass on actually buying one when they realize the can have similar performance for a much smaller investment...

There are also many of us that already spent our wad and don't want to drop anymore coin or go in debt when the economy is not doing well.

There are also many of us that already spent our wad and don't want to drop anymore coin or go in debt when the economy is not doing well.

Count me on on this croud. My GT500 was a big purchase for me, so the plan is to keep it a long time. Not even thinking about spending the $30,000+ it would probably take to go from my 8000 mile 08 to a new 13.

Archived