TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension upgrade ideas?

Bish

I'm looking for ideas to upgrade the suspension on the 07 GT-H.

As a prior owner of a 10 GT500 coupe (which handled like it was on rails) and 01 cobra vert (IRS?) I'm looking for a ride that is somewhat comparable. I realize that these are all completely different vehicles, but if I could get rid of the "looseness" I feel from the rear when entering the expressway, going over bumps on the road and over RR tracks, that would be a step in the right direction for me. But I don't want the harshness of a suspension that would be associated with a track car.

Thanks!

I'm looking for ideas to upgrade the suspension on the 07 GT-H.

As a prior owner of a 10 GT500 coupe (which handled like it was on rails) and 01 cobra vert (IRS?) I'm looking for a ride that is somewhat comparable. I realize that these are all completely different vehicles, but if I could get rid of the "looseness" I feel from the rear when entering the expressway, going over bumps on the road and over RR tracks, that would be a step in the right direction for me. But I don't want the harshness of a suspension that would be associated with a track car.

Thanks!

If SPP doesn't have what you are looking for, you can always call Eibach, they always have something up their sleeves...

AJ

It is my understanding that the FRPP suspension used on the 2006 GT-H was not tataly used on the 2007 GT-H because it was a convert and not approved by FRPP. Not sure how much that affects the ride. That being said, BMR and Griggs makes good stuff.

• 4 months later...

On the 08 SGT vert Shelby put the Blue Ford Racing springs but not the Blue Ford racing struts or shocks. A couple years ago SPP was clearly out the basement and had the blue Ford racing shocks and struts for nearly nothing so I bought them and installed them now the car handles really well.

I asked a good friend at Shelby why they didn't put the FULL Ford racing suspension on the 08 SGT Verts and he answered that Most people with the Vert are not going to track it and most vert owners would perfer a softer ride.....he said "Chad you are an expection"

My Vert SGT handles really well with the Full Ford racing suspesion.......I would highly recommend buying the Blue Shocks and Blue Struts.

On the 08 SGT vert Shelby put the Blue Ford Racing springs but not the Blue Ford racing struts or shocks. A couple years ago SPP was clearly out the basement and had the blue Ford racing shocks and struts for nearly nothing so I bought them and installed them now the car handles really well.

I asked a good friend at Shelby why they didn't put the FULL Ford racing suspension on the 08 SGT Verts and he answered that Most people with the Vert are not going to track it and most vert owners would perfer a softer ride.....he said "Chad you are an expection"

My Vert SGT handles really well with the Full Ford racing suspesion.......I would highly recommend buying the Blue Shocks and Blue Struts.

Ditto - those or Tokicos are the only way to go on a vert.

Archived