TEAM SHELBY FORUM

11.5 inch alcoa with toyoR888

wheelin

• 1 month later...

Hello,

1) As these ALCOA wheels are forged, is the widening process (welding) not weakening their structure? Is there some heat treatening process applied after the welding process?

2) Are the wheels seen on the "SHELBY 1000" the next "Super Snake" wheels (as ALCOAS are being discontinued)? Although I do not like their look, they are three pieces wheels, so there would be no problem having the backspacing where we need it...

3) 2nd2none: Did you widen the rear wheels only or the four wheels?

THANK YOU and best regards from Switzerland!

Hello,

1) As these ALCOA wheels are forged, is the widening process (welding) not weakening their structure? Is there some heat treatening process applied after the welding process?

2) Are the wheels seen on the "SHELBY 1000" the next "Super Snake" wheels (as ALCOAS are being discontinued)? Although I do not like their look, they are three pieces wheels, so there would be no problem having the backspacing where we need it...

3) 2nd2none: Did you widen the rear wheels only or the four wheels?

THANK YOU and best regards from Switzerland!

1) I'd imagine widening has to weaken the rim at least a little. No idea the exact process they use. I know Weldcraft stopped working on these Alcoa rims because they were having problems with them getting distorted during the process. Eric Vaughn does it differently and have never heard of anyone having problems with his work.

2) No idea if those are gonna eventually be the default new Super Snake rims. Are you sure they are 3 pc. wheels? The 1 picture I saw I don't remember seeing any of the assembly bolts/rivets on the wheel face that I thought is what holds the pieces together on a 3 pc wheel.

3) Only widened my rears. Using the 20x9 Alcoas up front with 275/35/20 tires. Others have used the 20x10 Alcoa up front with the same size tire with no problems either

OK Thank you :)

On some 3pces wheels the bolts are bolted from the inside and you do not see them.

I think the billet or forged center part is threaded and that replaces the nuts found on the inside of the "normal" 3pces with visible bolts.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/new_york/2012/1203_2012_shelby_1000_and_1000_sc_first_look/photo_04.html

Zero mods? Just put my svtpp wheels on widened to 11" with 305's and had to remove fender insulation liners and cut out the bump stop brackets. Did you try jacking up the car to see if they fit with the axle dropped? Mine ground right into the brackets.

Zero mods? Just put my svtpp wheels on widened to 11" with 305's and had to remove fender insulation liners and cut out the bump stop brackets. Did you try jacking up the car to see if they fit with the axle dropped? Mine ground right into the brackets.

I'm sure it has to do with the wheel offsets. I already had my bump stock bracket removed as well as the shock dust boot but thats because I was running 345 Mickey Thompson on an 18" wheel. No other mods were needed when I put my 11.5" Alcoa on the rear with the 315/30-20 R888s. I may not have even had to do the shock and bracket removals to run the Alcoas just like the OP.

Are your svtpp wheels rubbing on both side of the car? If only on one side, maybe you need an adjustable panhard bar to get the axle centered.

Please post pics!!

And SVTPP wheels have less offset than the Alcoas.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived