TEAM SHELBY FORUM

06 - 07 GT-H Hoods

SGT-C0056

Dont know if this has been asked, other than SAI, currently selling the hoods, is there another source, where can we find replacement Hoods? I am considering removing the hood and replacing it with a stock mustang hood since you never know when some idiot will run into you.

Has anyone else thought about this potential future replacement issue once SAi stops making them? Not sure i want to pay $1300

I am considering removing the hood and replacing it with a stock mustang hood since you never know when some idiot will run into you.

DUDE........ you need to buy the GT-H autographed hood that Shelby sells, slab this baby on your car and you'll be "Cool ad the Gang". banana%20piano.gif

For $400 bucks, you'll have an original hood that was on the GT-H before it was modified, it is already painted the correct color AND you have Carrolls autography along with a cool metal plate on the hood.

$400 bucks.......cheap like borscht.

QSS

Dont know if this has been asked, other than SAI, currently selling the hoods, is there another source, where can we find replacement Hoods? I am considering removing the hood and replacing it with a stock mustang hood since you never know when some idiot will run into you.

Has anyone else thought about this potential future replacement issue once SAi stops making them? Not sure i want to pay $1300

The CS6/GTH hood design is the property of Shelby so there is currently no other source for an exact duplicate. Keep in mind that there were hundreds of these hoods sold over the counter thru SPP so I doubt they will ever reach an unobtainable price. They are out there. If the time ever comes that SPP/SAI no longer wishes to produce this hood I'm confident that a license could be obtained for the reproduction of them.

Steve

Yes, guys. I just got my signed hood two weeks ago, and it is beautiful. It came nicely packaged in a firmly padded box, and the Fedex freight guy even transported it upright. The signature was covered in wax-free paper with masking tape around the edges, and the entire top of the hood was covered in a vinyl protection sheet. Shipping isn't cheap, so budget for closer to $550 than $400, but it's worth it! The signature is done in a gold painted pen, and it is large. I just need to mount mine now.

it says it is out of stock....and considering the item....restocking would be unlikely.

That's what I had thought, the out of stock part. If I recall Juan had to search for the last few of these hoods when someone posted about them after last years bash.

Restocking is not likely unless some turn up from a hidden corner of the warehouse.

Steve

I purchased a new GTH hood on e-bay last summer with a heads up from Steve on this site. Got it, cs-8 grill, and piaa driving lights, none of which were ever installed for $800.00 They are out there some place, but finding it when you need it might be a problem. That is why I bought a spare. Thanks again for the heads up Steve. Harley

I purchased a new GTH hood on e-bay last summer with a heads up from Steve on this site. Got it, cs-8 grill, and piaa driving lights, none of which were ever installed for $800.00 They are out there some place, but finding it when you need it might be a problem. That is why I bought a spare. Thanks again for the heads up Steve. Harley

Your welcome. That was a pretty good deal last year and even a better deal now considering the current out of stock status.

Steve

Archived