TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lighting Upgrades

05mustangman

Hey guys just wanted to show off the lighting upgrades i have done to my 2010 GT500.

8000k HID Fogs

GT500HIDs2.jpg

8000k Heads AND Fogs

GT500HIDs.jpg

Blacked out rear lights with the LED reverse lights and LED license plate lights.

GT500LEDs.jpg

Blue interior LED's with the blue ambient lights and blue sill plate.

002-2.jpg

And finally just the blue sill plate lights.

001-2.jpg

The stock sills are able to change colors for those who do not know that. VERY simple change of colors. You can choose between red, blue, or green. All i did was take off the sill plates, the wires and the connector on the car are mark with the appropriate colors. Just take the pins from the red wire and swap it with the color you wish to have. 5 minute mod. Thanks for lookin guys!!

• 3 months later...

I got both sets fogs and headlights from HIDGUY.net. They have been great so far and is the best lighting I have had. Have not any issues with melting housings yet. Ran the fogs for about 1/2 hour last night and perfect. The only thing with these HID's, when you unlock your car and your perimeter lighting turns on, both headlights might not turn on. The cause, the perimeter lighting only draws 8 volts of power from the battery and the HID's need 12 volts for proper operation. I hated when I would be at car shows it would take several times turning them on and off before they would both turn on. So the fix, I deactivated the perimeter lighting so now the lights don't even come on when I unlock the car. But when your car is on both turn on every time. So now that that was taken care of, again, these lights are fantastic! These are also the 8000k diamond blue lights.

Hey guys just wanted to show off the lighting upgrades i have done to my 2010 GT500.

8000k HID Fogs

GT500HIDs2.jpg

8000k Heads AND Fogs

GT500HIDs.jpg

Blacked out rear lights with the LED reverse lights and LED license plate lights.

GT500LEDs.jpg

Blue interior LED's with the blue ambient lights and blue sill plate.

002-2.jpg

And finally just the blue sill plate lights.

001-2.jpg

The stock sills are able to change colors for those who do not know that. VERY simple change of colors. You can choose between red, blue, or green. All i did was take off the sill plates, the wires and the connector on the car are mark with the appropriate colors. Just take the pins from the red wire and swap it with the color you wish to have. 5 minute mod. Thanks for lookin guys!!

THX for the tip on the sill plates also!

The inside of your car looks amazing too :salute:

Did you tint your rear tail lights or have them painted? Looks great!

I spray tinted them using the VHT Niteshades taillight tint and just krylon clear coat. Turns out amazing when you get it all buffed and waxed. Those pics are actually before we got the lights all perfectly matched.

I'm almost (by almost I mean I am) curious how to get HID's on an 03. My headlights don't see much of anything anymore.

Check out HIDGUY.net. They have HID's for pretty much all late model Mustangs.

Nice upgrades. So nice in fact that I just ordered the fog light HID upgrade for my 2012 GT500. I'm not sure whether to thank you or shake my fist in the air at you in mock anger.

-steve

HAHA! You will love them! what color did you go with?

Anything special that one should be warned about before attempting to install and mount all the foglight stuff? Got the box today with all the parts in there, but no sort of instructions on what not to do so that things don't blow up. Thanks for any insight of "don't do that, you'll catch on fire".

-steve

I honestly didn't install those myself (not very good with wiring up stuff) but it should be just plug and play. If you have done stuff like this before once you see the layout of the foglights and where each connector goes it should be easy for you. I just took mine to someone who knows a lot about wiring up lights.

Cool. Wasn't sure about the "mounting brackets" that are in the kit. Looking at all the wiring it looks like it's pretty straight forward. If I can build a a motor I should be able to figure this out. [famous last words before you get electrocuted or something catches on fire]

-steve

Archived