TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Prothane motor mounts

Thank you Andrew !!! It was quick and easy with a good blade on my Saw-all, I even use it to cut my Rib roast :hysterical2:. If I didn't do the motor mounts then would have to cut the brace. Then use a thread rods to adjust length but in a way it would have been a good way of adding some pressure to keep towers firmer. That would be good for guys that road race or track also braced the chassis up and tunnel with homemade 12gauge box steel.

As far as the cash , I can't help you with that as my 4yr old says "Stop spending my money on your cars " If she see money in my wallet she takes and gives it to my wife. What a sweetie !!!

What else must be done when the motor is dropped 3/4", and what are the disadvantages or concernse, if any, or pros and cons? I mayh want to do this to lower the center of gravity, if for no other reason, at some point, unless it creates problems.

yeah my 20 year thinks I am a flipping ATM machine

I like to flip some ATM machines in to the back of my truck !! My next house has to have a seperate garage the wife bust my chops on my garage work. I just bought a mig welder can't wait till she moans about that one

What else must be done when the motor is dropped 3/4", and what are the disadvantages or concernse, if any, or pros and cons? I mayh want to do this to lower the center of gravity, if for no other reason, at some point, unless it creates problems.

The only thing you have to do is use a shorter bolt which has to be a grade 8. You will bolt the mount on the engine bracket to make sure the bolt snugs down tight bench before reinstalling the mount. I did the drop to get the orginal strut brace back on since I spent some time painting it to match the blue pearl engine compartment. There are really no cons to it the prothane engine mounts are a 1/4 taller than stock so if you want it lower you have to do a 3/4 cut.

I by no means am an expert but have had no issues with it lowered http://www.blowbyracing.com/bbradmomo.html the obvious pro was i could keep the STB with my FRPP intake

Andrew

I by no means am an expert but have had no issues with it lowered http://www.blowbyrac.../bbradmomo.html the obvious pro was i could keep the STB with my FRPP intake

Andrew

The one thing I liked when cutting my motor mounts is a bigger surface area to spread less stress to the setup. But it will be stiff more towards a solid mount and if it too stiff you can adjust it with grade 8 washers.

Anthony

I went with this version from lethal http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-09-mustang-gt-engine-motor-mounts-c-576_812_813/lethal-performance-05-10-mustang-adjustable-motor-mounts-p-30158 and I used some washers to adjust the engine height to where I needed it to be. The kit comes with two sets of bolts one set for stock height and one for lowering the motor.

I went with this version from lethal http://www.lethalper...-mounts-p-30158 and I used some washers to adjust the engine height to where I needed it to be. The kit comes with two sets of bolts one set for stock height and one for lowering the motor.

I guess thats one way to go but that would be to easy for me.

I have noticed no difference in NVH, but when I lowered my GTH 3/4 of a inch I only had about 1/8 inch from the bottom of the stock oil pan to the steering rack. I was not sure if It was enough spacing so I raised it back up to 1/2 drop. Harley

I have noticed no difference in NVH, but when I lowered my GTH 3/4 of a inch I only had about 1/8 inch from the bottom of the stock oil pan to the steering rack. I was not sure if It was enough spacing so I raised it back up to 1/2 drop. Harley

You can leave it with the 3/4 drop it will cause no problems even if the oil pan was touch still fine. If your engine is moving that much to rub then something is wrong. The only thing that will rock is your whole car if you have the hotrod cams as I do. Its nice to pull up at a light and the car is shaking just like the old days !!! You shake then bake the fool next to you !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got to beat on the Shelby the motor mounts give me more vibration but not much. I also braced the tunnel in front of the transmission mount and a brace by the rear of the tunnel like the one that you can buy.. I can't imagine driving a 650 hp stang my car spins the tires in 3rd gear. It's going to be crazy!!!!

• 3 months later...

I am installing the Shelby K-Member and JDM Engineering lowering engine mounts. Also American Racing 1.75 inch Long tube headers. I am sure hoping the 1 inch drop on the engine will not interfere with my steering. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I may have to put a spacer in the K-member. I just want that engine low and slung in there.

with my 3/4" drop and ARH 1 3/4" headers it rubbed the steering, used a BFH to dent the header. You can also loosen things up and push the motor towards the passenger side.

I am going to be putting in the BMR lowered k-member soon and see what that does

Good luck

with my 3/4" drop and ARH 1 3/4" headers it rubbed the steering, used a BFH to dent the header. You can also loosen things up and push the motor towards the passenger side.

I am going to be putting in the BMR lowered k-member soon and see what that does

Good luck

LOL, Those BFH's sure do come in handy sometimes eh Andrew?

Archived