TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Oil Filter

concur. Use motorcraft and change every 3 K. I used to use the Amsoil or Mobil 1 filters. Amsoil traps incredibly minute amounts of debris but is it worth it and does the filter actually restrict the oil flow? If you keep clean oil and change the filter often I think the Motorcraft is a very good filter.

Thanks I was curious I have been using the Ford Racing on the SGT except for twice (one fram and one Mobil 1) but yesterday showed up at the dealership and they don't even stock them? What? I bought a fram which will be returned after reading the info provided. I ended up with a Mobil 1 for the SGT this time and the same for the wife's Armada. I'll have to order a few of the Ford Racing to keep on hand. The SGT is gonna be a daily driver for a while as I got laid off so the company car went away (that sucks!). Thanks I always have used Fram as it was what my dad used.

Hey, the Ford Racing Oil filter is what I use. It actually has a larger capacity and flows more oil. It also has a higher burst strength than other normal oil filters. It's the same filter they use on their race cars, so if it's good enough for them, it's more than good enough for me!

And as far as oil goes, I used Royal Purple, but am switching to Amsoil. It's great stuff!

Hey, the Ford Racing Oil filter is what I use. It actually has a larger capacity and flows more oil. It also has a higher burst strength than other normal oil filters. It's the same filter they use on their race cars, so if it's good enough for them, it's more than good enough for me!

yeah..... what he said ..... i have used FRPP since I have owned the car.... I buy them at cjponyparts for $13 with free shipping usually 3 at a time

Running with Red Line oil

...and for something completely different...http://trasko-usa.com/

The anti-drain back valve is one of the differences as well as the filter media and how much of it there is. I like the Trasko piece because it actually filters water too and in the PNW condensation can be a problem.

Archived