TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Great Lakes Region 1st Annual Event

Firekiller

Are there going to be any vendors at this event?

Not sure of any. Greg {firekiller} will verify if there are some. I hope you can attend with or without vendors.

A fun weekend was had, a little warm in the show field by my account. Started Friday afternoon with a Museum and Speedway tour of the famous Indianapolis Speedway. If you have never done these, you should! We closed the Museum and then had photos taken in front of the building around the circle Then we cruised over to Rick's Cafe Boathouse for a delicious dinner.

Saturday was the car show and the Indianapolis Mustang Club organized a well run event. The Great Lakes Region was well represented with over 15 Shelby's in attendance. Yes it was HOT but the sun was shaded by high clouds most of the day. I want to thank Mark Badgley and his crew for a wonderful day and the dinner that followed. After dinner we cruised into downtown Indianapolis and then to local gathering of Shelby's, Mustangs and some cool cars.

I didn't participate in the track events on Sunday morning but I was told they tore the oval track up.

As a reminder next years Race to Indy will be a MCA National event. So plan on attending, I will for sure.

I want to thank Greg Lindop for organizing this first of hopefully many events that the Great Lakes Region will have. So stay tuned for those.

Wow got to track my car for the first time running those laps was cool. .Now i see why some of you guys like it. My shelby gt blue vert could have went faster but not by me lol. Hope i didnt slow anyone down behind me .Those GT 40s were sweet souding out there.

Back home in Michigan now. Can't say enough about what a great time we had this weekend. My wife even got to drive the Super Snake on the track this morning. She loved it! I just hope she wasn't going faster than I did when I was driving??? Hard to keep up with some of you guys who have track experience! Anyhow what a blast. It was great to meet a lot of Team Shelby folks.

Great time at IMS on Friday. Dinner was fantastic. Saturday show was great even though we fried in the sun. And today, with the option of track or drag time, was a blast!

Thanks again Greg for setting everything up. Sign me up for next year!!!

Had a GREAT time. Meeting Greg, Dale, Vance, Rich, Paul, etc. and wives was great. :beerchug: The tour of IMS on Friday and Dinner were top notch. Kissin' the bricks and the photo ops at IMS and after dinner with the sun setting over the lake in the background were awesome. Anxious to see the pics from the photographer. PROPS to Greg for putting that together!!!! :worship: The Saturday car show was tons of fun. Got to see a few cars I've never seen other than in pics. Even got to be a judge :) Sunday, what a way cool opportunity to track your car. Though I didn't do that with mine (I don't want to hear it :)) it was amazing to ride along with Greg/FireKiller. I took video but way too big to load here. I'll look into YouTube or something. Will definitely take mine on the track next year. Can't wait until next year!!! As others have mentioned, next years event is a national MCA event and if not mistaken will be the 2nd weekend in August. Will definitely be there. Attached are some pics.

16 TS members were there and we were awarded the Club Participation award for the most club cars. Post a pic of the trophy Greg!! Let's win it again next year!!!!! If I'm not mistaken, 4 TS members walked away with awards...and Vance and Steph picked up some nice nightgowns :hearseespeak:

DSC_0011 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0016 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0008 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0011 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0016 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0008 - Copy.JPG

Hello everyone, it was great to meet you all and a pleasure to take some pictures for you!

This link will take you to my page with all of my photos for the day on it.

Team Shelby at Indianapolis Motor Speedway

I've been testing out a few options for getting everyone the prints of the pictures they want and it seems that the easiest way to do this is to have you create a Flickr account (it's free) and when you are viewing a picture you would like to have a print of, click on the "Actions" button on the top right of the picture and select "Order Prints and More". From there you can select what sizes and how many copies you would like, then select "Add to Cart." Then you can select either "Proceed to Checkout" or "Close" to navigate to and add more pictures to your cart. Flickr is partnered with Snapfish.com (a company that lets you order prints online) and will direct you to their site once you are ready to check out. Doing it this way will also let you choose to have the pictures printed locally, if you want, at a Wal-Mart, Walgreens, or Meijer. This will help avoid shipping costs and the hassle of trying to send me money directly, then me having to ship you pictures. Please use this method to order your prints and contact me if you have any problems with this and I would be happy to help you get through this process or find another way to get the pictures to you!

I've changed some settings on my Flickr account that allow you to download my pictures straight from Flickr! So you can click on the Actions button on the top left of the picture you want to download and select the View All Sizes. Then you can select the size you want, right click on it, and there should be an option to save the image to your computer.

Shoot me an email if you need anything! sdavis1090@yahoo.com

Steve

7495462642_a3f63dc4b6_b.jpg

7495434750_b8c3c97604_b.jpg

7495417336_83d448d833_b.jpg

7495390260_0de1356ecf_b.jpg

7495371688_f09bbf75bf_b.jpg

7495297446_11768cb2ab_b.jpg

Steve it was great to meet you last Friday. The photos are AWESOME! Count on me to purchase some. And thanks again for all the work you did and hope to see you again.

Steve thank you so much for coming and enjoying our day out, it was truly our honor to have you with us. The pictures turn out great (just as I thought they would) and I'm sure you will get some orders for some, I know I want some. Again thanks and ideas and plans are already coming together for next year.

I also want to thank all TSGLR members that took time out of their schedule and family time to join us. The event turned out just as I had hoped it would and I enjoyed watching everyone have a good time. From the time we met at Raceway Park through the tours at IMS (and short but scary storm) along with the friendships being made at dinner to the dessert heat of the show and the woooohoooos going around the track it ws truly MY honor to get to meet and spend time with each and everyone of you.

The videos that were taken of the pony run and at IMS are still being edited, but I will post as soon as they are done. Again lets keep this alive and build from here and I will guarantee it will be more fun next year.

Ok everyone, this may sound weird or whtever but in looking at the first photo posted by Steve Davis, the one with the cars in front of the museum, look at the clouds above the museum and to the right. Now some people may see this but I caought it right away. It looks like a face in the clouds looking down on the cars. I see a distinct chin and lips, bridge of the nose and nostrils, and further up at the very top edge a pair of glasses and forehead. Now here is the far fetched part..... could this be Carrol looking down on us in approval. Anyway call me crazy but I thought it was kind of cool. Enjoy, and great pics Steve.

Here's a link to the YouTube video I took while riding along with Firekiller (Greg).

This was so cool. Can't wait until next year!! What a cool opportunity to take your car out on a track.

Here's a link to the YouTube video I took while riding along with Firekiller (Greg).

This was so cool. Can't wait until next year!! What a cool opportunity to take your car out on a track.

Thanks Hank, it was great to have you here and as a co-pilot. Next year leave the car off the trailer and run with us.

After watching the vid I wished I had stayed awhile longer. Great video Hank! Thanks.

Archived