TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Race'N'Rod Nationals, Laguna Seca, Sept. 8, 9-4pm

Brad Barnett

Go to: www.mazadaraceway.com (Laguna Seca) and click on the 4th Annual Race'N'Rod Nationals page. You get two tickets (for $35) for the Continental Tires Sport Car race, a parade lap on Laguna Seca, a tee shirt (a nice one but hopefully it wont be in black this year) a walking Poker Run and a Mothers goody bag with some good car cleaning items. I think I was the only TS member there last year and we parked right next to the track and walked the paddock all day. The racing Boss 302's were there and my wife and I had a great time. Besides the numerous awards for individual cars I would really like to see as many TS members show up as possible because the club award went to the San Jose Camaro club with about 15 older Camaros. I would really think that we could get this award because I know that we should be able to double or triple that number just with the Shelbys in the Bay Area, Monterey Area and Central Valley. I know it is a way off and not too long after the Rolex Historics in Monterey but I really had a good time last year. If you are planning on going and do register be sure to put down that you are a TS member to give them an idea of how many TS cars are there. I will post more as it gets closer (where to meet to go in as a group,etc) but wanted to give TS members time to put this on your schedules. I have talked to the coordinator, Connor Barr, several times and he is really helpful if you should have an problems or questions. Brad

Very cool. Keep me in the loop also on who all will be in attendance. As I work for the Continental series and will be there, I can try to arrange some time in the schedule on that day where I can give a tour with some of the Mustang teams and drivers. The Roush guys are usually pretty good at that. Perhaps we can also tour a couple of the Rolex Ford Daytona Prototype teams. RWR racing will also have one or two of their full tube frame Rolex GT Mustangs in attendance. I look forward to meeting you guys there, McGuirk doesn't count. :hysterical2:

Very cool. Keep me in the loop also on who all will be in attendance. As I work for the Continental series and will be there, I can try to arrange some time in the schedule on that day where I can give a tour with some of the Mustang teams and drivers. The Roush guys are usually pretty good at that. Perhaps we can also tour a couple of the Rolex Ford Daytona Prototype teams. RWR racing will also have one or two of their full tube frame Rolex GT Mustangs in attendance. I look forward to meeting you guys there, McGuirk doesn't count. :hysterical2:

Sounds great Jeff! Including the McGuirk crack... :hysterical:

The tours sound great!! I am sure McGuirk would even come along,lol. It was great last year until our favorite Boss 302 R model crashed and was put on the trailer. Looking forward to it and hopefully 30+ TS Shelbys and mustangs will be there to show up the Chevy guys!!

Sounds great Jeff. You wll be in my back yard.

Archived