TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Club Benefits?

SLAMiAM

Tim is the man you want to talk to; email: timh@shelbyamerica.com. You get an initial purchase of 10% off the store, a bunch of access inc a shirt and a TS sticker. You also get extra discounts throughout the year; which seem quarterly to me. Also, you can become part of your regional TS club. Welcome to Team Shelby.

Greg

It would be nice to get TS discounts at the SA factory gift shop when visiting. It saves postage costs from catalog orders ( a major cost factor when items sent to Hawaii via UPS) and would be a nice benefit when coming all the way to the shop. It might get some other visitors to join up as well if there were applications available at the counter.

It would be nice to get TS discounts at the SA factory gift shop when visiting. It saves postage costs from catalog orders ( a major cost factor when items sent to Hawaii via UPS) and would be a nice benefit when coming all the way to the shop. It might get some other visitors to join up as well if there were applications available at the counter.

If you go to the gift shop, let them know you are a TS member and show your card and they will give you a discount. At least last year and before they did this. Worth asking.

If you go to the gift shop, let them know you are a TS member and show your card and they will give you a discount. At least last year and before they did this. Worth asking.

They still do this, but of course if you shop around on line, you can actually get a discount (off already lower prices) on the same parts and accesories..

SPP sells to other vendors at lower prices and then those vendors pass the savings on to the customer. Not exactly the smartest business model for SPP, but hey if you've got a willing fan-base...

Unless things have changed TS members do recieve a discount at the gift shop. There are also Team Shelby membership brochure/applications on the counter in the gift shop but I admit you need to be looking to see them.

It might not be a bad idea if the gift shop had some signage reminding TS members to show their membership card for a discount.

Steve

They still do this, but of course if you shop around on line, you can actually get a discount (off already lower prices) on the same parts and accesories..

SPP sells to other vendors at lower prices and then those vendors pass the savings on to the customer. Not exactly the smartest business model for SPP, but hey if you've got a willing fan-base...

Tried looking around online for Shelby Baer extreme brakes with the blue w/ silver writing calipers and havent seen anyplace that carries both front and rear cheaper than shelby so far. There could be but i just havent found them yet. I missed out on the big brake sales and now the price skyrocketed.

Unless things have changed TS members do recieve a discount at the gift shop. There are also Team Shelby membership brochure/applications on the counter in the gift shop but I admit you need to be looking to see them.

It might not be a bad idea if the gift shop had some signage reminding TS members to show their membership card for a discount.

Steve

Steve,

Curious if you or others know if there is chance to use the two $10 Certificates I have from my first two years of membership. Never did figure how to redeem them?

If only good at the Shop, I will be there in May.

Tom

Steve,

Curious if you or others know if there is chance to use the two $10 Certificates I have from my first two years of membership. Never did figure how to redeem them?

If only good at the Shop, I will be there in May.

Tom

Tom,

Best to give the Shelby Store or the gift shop a phone call to see what the policy is on that. I seem to recall that the "Shelby Bucks" were only redeemable at the gift shop but please don't quote me on that. Best to check with Sharon's team for the official answer.

Steve

I spent $175 in the store last Tuseday, showed my card and asked if any discount. She said only on Saturdays!!???. I went on the Tuesday tour after flying in from 3000 miles. She said discounts are only available on line for TS members.

I spent $175 in the store last Tuseday, showed my card and asked if any discount. She said only on Saturdays!!???. I went on the Tuesday tour after flying in from 3000 miles. She said discounts are only available on line for TS members.

Sure seems to be a lot of confusion as to what are / are not available for Team Shelby members.

The Team Shelby WEB site membership page http://www.teamshelb...in-team-shelby/

Is even lacking.. .. Stating 2011 membership info will be announced soon.. 2011? What year is it?

MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES: 2011 memberships contents will be announced soon.

Im the new guy here, so perhaps this is just the way it is. If so, between the lack of info, the obscure “rules” for using TS membership benefits (whatever those may be, as they seem to be a close held secret) and some of the controversy on products provided by the store (up front clear acknowledgment of source and production origin) it’s makes the new guy a little unsure of why he would want to join such a group.

I fully acknowledge, this may be a false perception. But my perception it is.

I bought the car to drive… like we do with our 2005 S197 GT.. Mr Shelby’s mission statement for the club included “"People have asked me for years to form a club that will help them really enjoy their Shelby car,"

I will forever lust after a GT350, I have owned a ’66 Coupe, ’69 Fastback, currently have a S197 and GT500.. I really don’t need help from an internet club enjoying my cars, but I would not turn down a club helping me to meet and interact with a like minded group of people…… Have to pass for now on “Club Shelby” as it seems to be missing some of what I preconceived would be from something attached to the icon Shelby rightfully is.

I hope my early observations are off track, and I am shown the way as I spend more time hunting around Team Shelby web site.

Respectfully

E.Marquez

Please send an email to sharone@shelbyamerican.com for confirmation of what you were told. If you were given incorrect information I'm sure Sharon will want to know that and will try to make things right.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Archived