TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Protecting Carroll's Signature

JT93

With all this talk going around about the foundation not taking anymore autographs in I'm wondering if there is anything I can put on my airbag cover to protect the signature that I do have. I have no idea if there is anything or not, but I don't want to loose the only signature I have.

If you search you will find a pretty extensive discussion of this and I know Grabber has tried a few things. He had good results with a spray he used.

If I remember right I came away from it all thinking there was more of a chance of ruining or causing damage to the signature trying some off the options provided than just leaving it alone. We were reminded that cars that Carroll signed in the 60's are still fine after 40 years and nothing special to protect them.

Rule of thumb is wipe gently with a soft dry cloth and don't use any cleansers etc., pretty obvious advice. That said some have made allowances so if you can't find the old thread I'm sure someone, such as Grabber, will chime in.

I'm thinking I shoud've had him sign my visor instead of the OEM hood scoop. (I did remove the signed OEM scoop and replaced it with the Chip Beck one, and it's been safely protected in a glass shadow box ever since.) Anyway, for future reference I think his signature on the visor is best because it's easy to remove for protection, replace with an unsigned one for daily use, then reinstall the signed one as necessary for shows - something that's not so easy with the air bag cover!

Sam

All good points!

My opinion is if you have the airbag cover signed flaunt it!

I get a lot of oohs,ahhs and questions over the signature on my airbag cover, that came out perfect and looks great installed.

(Finishing touch on the interior!)

IF YOU GOT IT FLAUNT IT!

All good points!

My opinion is if you have the airbag cover signed flaunt it!

I get a lot of oohs,ahhs and questions over the signature on my airbag cover, that came out perfect and looks great installed.

(Finishing touch on the interior!)

IF YOU GOT IT FLAUNT IT!

I agree. As my signature indicates, I have several signatures to include Mr. Shelby and they do spark questions and interest. It's Shelby history. I would not put anything over the signatures. Mine have been in place for several years with no issues.

Archived