TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Anniversary Super Snake

Cool interview, but I think his math on the resale is a little creative? Must work for the government on his days off :hysterical2:

"Creative"? That's being nice.

I'd love to see some examples of the $90K pre-owned Super Snake sales he cites because that hasn't been *my* observation.

I also noticed that the Cobra on the front grille is sans 'wings'. Is that how the 50th will come or were they just missed for that "show car"?

Strange,

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

Gary is correct in regard to his analysis on pre owned super snake prices. For example at Barrett Jackson this year a 2008 SS black black with 800 miles sold for 93K all in if memory serves? At Barrett Jackson Vegas 2011 another SS with similar miles sold in the same range. I can recall a few others all at auctions selling in the 75K to 90K range. As I mentioned all were at auction. Private sales are slower for some reason all the action for these cars and many other collector cars have been at auctions in the past couple of years. Dealers are also not offering much when these are offered as trades either they are not sure what to offer so they price them like a regular GT 500?

Gary is not a guy to blow smoke or BS or get creative total straight shooter. Works very hard, loves what he does although he is the self proclaimed director of fun at Shelby the stress level is high in this economy.

"Creative"? That's being nice.

I'd love to see some examples of the $90K pre-owned Super Snake sales he cites because that hasn't been *my* observation.

I also noticed that the Cobra on the front grille is sans 'wings'. Is that how the 50th will come or were they just missed for that "show car"?

Strange,

Phill

They are out there Phil. Many economic situations drive people to price their vehicles at below market pricing. Several last month on E-Bay in the mid to high $70's. However, several have been sold recently for $80-$90 K. Timing also drives pricing. Sell in winter and get winter pricing. You know the drill.

The other hand is also true, had a customer sell his 900 mile 08 GO loaded SS to another customer here at Shelby. $65K. He needed out of the car, customer was in the right place at the right time.

Now the customer that walks in and says I want one now and the ticket is $120K and they pay it gladly.

It does happen, quite a bit more frequently than we all imagine, on both accounts.

Roger

They are out there Phil. Many economic situations drive people to price their vehicles at below market pricing. Several last month on E-Bay in the mid to high $70's. However, several have been sold recently for $80-$90 K. Timing also drives pricing. Sell in winter and get winter pricing. You know the drill.

The other hand is also true, had a customer sell his 900 mile 08 GO loaded SS to another customer here at Shelby. $65K. He needed out of the car, customer was in the right place at the right time.

Now the customer that walks in and says I want one now and the ticket is $120K and they pay it gladly.

It does happen, quite a bit more frequently than we all imagine, on both accounts.

Roger

Hey Roger,

Not to poke...just a question...

Why a new Boss rather than a new Shelby or older modded vehicle ?

Hey Roger,

Not to poke...just a question...

Why a new Boss rather than a new Shelby or older modded vehicle ?

The Boss is a hard car to beat in any manner. The 2013 LS for under or around $50K is one heck of a vehicle for the $$. That and a pre title car AND a warranty from FOMOCO.....OK I get it and a great decision too!

MSRP about 47K, track ready, low volume, LS is really a good value and has long term upside. New 2013 GT 500 I suspect wil be about 20K more built in much larger volume. Not sure what Shelby model offers as much as a LS for the price??? Thoughts? Maybe a pre owned 08/09 KR? That's all that comes to my mind?

Gary is correct in regard to his analysis on pre owned super snake prices. For example at Barrett Jackson this year a 2008 SS black black with 800 miles sold for 93K all in if memory serves? At Barrett Jackson Vegas 2011 another SS with similar miles sold in the same range. I can recall a few others all at auctions selling in the 75K to 90K range. As I mentioned all were at auction. Private sales are slower for some reason all the action for these cars and many other collector cars have been at auctions in the past couple of years. Dealers are also not offering much when these are offered as trades either they are not sure what to offer so they price them like a regular GT 500?

Gary is not a guy to blow smoke or BS or get creative total straight shooter. Works very hard, loves what he does although he is the self proclaimed director of fun at Shelby the stress level is high in this economy.

the SS went for 80k...the 40th right after it went for 75k.

good luck finding one with 800 miles, that was about the best or equal to the best example you will ever see.....

and if Barrett Jackson isnt the top of the market for prices paid, then I dont know what is.

Archived